Chapter 80: A Quiet Conversation and Revelation
283 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 80:

A Quiet Conversation and Revelation

I'm not sure what woke me, or how I found myself in this position. My life has never been as good as it is now. I mean, I knew how. Cecelia loved me unconditionally and was one of the most powerful women in the world, if not the most. I can never wrap my head around the why, but I accept that it is.

I feared one day that may change, though it was a small fear, it still nestled itself deep in my heart. Trauma was never easy to completely rid yourself of. However, if one thing could erase that fear, it was the day I just had with everyone. I still felt the warmth of their love and care.

Laying with my eyes closed, I could feel those next to me. Their weight on the cushions obvious. Yuriko breathed lightly as she slept, but there were some that were still awake.

"Cecelia..." Alana's voice sounded softly, "You kill people, don't you?"

There was an audible silence, and I was tempted to make myself known. "Don't tell her...please..."

"Alana, Alex, he doesn't-" Cecelia responded quietly, gently.

"I know," Alana interrupted, sighing in slight frustration, "He wants...He wants to protect me. I know. Keep me from the bad things of the world."

"I do...I just want you to have to face that part of the world..." Shifting, I pretended to still be asleep as I wrapped an arm around Cecelia. Her warmth was comforting, her presence soothing. Yuriko mumbled something in her sleep as I felt her wrap herself around me from behind, her hold inviting. She settled down with happy, content noises. "Heh...Yuriko's just adorable."

I felt Cecelia's hand on my head, gently brushing my hair away. She was careful, I assume, to not wake me. It was hard to tell anything as I kept my eyes closed. Part of me wanted to interrupt, to wake up and stop this talk, but another part told me I should just shut up and listen. So, that's what I did. "Alana may need this talk...they seem closer, so..."

"You love him, don't you?" Alana asked, though it wasn't the first time she ever asked this.

"You know that answer," Cecelia responded, laughing lightly, "When I was a child...I knew him. He was my light. The brightest moment of my days back then."

"How old were you?" Alana questioned; I could feel her shifting on the cushions next to me.

"I was sixteen," Cecelia answered softly, her tone slightly melancholic, "He was just ten years old at the time. You weren't born yet, so you may now know how he was."

"...How was he?" Alana asked quietly, a certain tenderness to her tone.

"Heh, he was...interesting," Cecelia answered, thinking on the right words to say, "I didn't know what to think of him at first. I had ran away from home. From my father...I thought that park would have been abandoned. It was so secluded, hidden from the world, but then there he came. Little Alex, bounding along with a book in his arms."

"Ha, even back then he read books?" Alana seemed amused, "He always read when I was around too, or played games, but he always made sure I was okay. Fed me, clothed me. Whenever my mother was passed out drunk, I knew I could count on him."

"Yes, he was good to you," I felt like I could feel Cecelia nod as she spoke, "When he saw me, he was terrified. Froze to the spot, you know. Unsure what to do as his eyes darted around, trying to figure out what to do. After all, his secret spot now had someone else in it. He was so cute."

"So...what happened?" Alana inquired.

"Alex soon warmed up to me, and I to him," Cecelia explained, "He always kept glancing over at me, and one day he offered me something simple. A part of his snack. Seeing his face, it was so nervous that I couldn't help but accept. It was the most delicious thing I've ever had."

"Ha, what was it?" Alana mused.

"You know what his favorite treat is," Cecelia answered simply, and I felt her stretch a bit, reaching towards what I thought was the table, "He had a brownie with him. He broke his in half and gave it to me. I think that's when I started to like chocolate."

"You didn't before then?" Alana seemed surprised.

"I wasn't allowed that many sweets," Cecelia said sadly, "My father was strict. That's why Alex was such a light in those times. He warmed up to me, and soon he was insatiable. His excited eyes, his bright smile every time he saw me. He would come running over, sharing his new book with me. It was adorable. How carefree he was able to be, but I could tell he was reserved."

"...He was afraid," Alana stated, "Wasn't he?"

"You know him well," Cecelia chuckled, "Yes, he felt like I would hate him, push him away like everyone else, but I didn't. His tics, his stims. I found them cute more than anything. How he would excitedly shake his fists whenever he read a high moment in a book was the best. It's a shame life killed that part of him..."

"...He used to do that?" Alana was awed, "I never knew..."

"People thought it strange," Cecelia told her, "They would make fun of him, or told him it was weird. Even his own family...soon, he began to catch himself. Trying to fit in, he would stop himself from reacting. After a while, his brain just forced him to stop. He gets the urge every now and then, but it's been all but killed. Every so often, however, if you look closely...you can see his hand clench and shake happily. It's subtle, but you can see it."

"Sh-She knows that too?" I blushed, even though I was trying to pretend to be asleep, burying my face into her, trying to hide it and still pretend I was sleeping, "I guess I'm not surprised, but honestly..."

"...Did you see it?" Cecelia whispered, "Right then. The way he slightly shook, tensing up."

"You betrayer..." I berated my involuntary movements.

"Yeah..." Alana mused, "Uncle...You're awake."

"...N-No I'm not," I muttered, shaking my head, "Well now they know...idiot."

Sighing, I adjusted myself to sit up, doing my best not to disturb Yuriko. Looking between them, they were smiling warmly.

"Uncle," Alana addressed me seriously, "She didn't answer my question because of you."

I felt a sense of guilt as I exchanged a look with Cecelia. Shifting nervously, I felt Yuriko stir. Placing a hand on her head, I attempted to calm her. Reaching up in her sleep, she took hold of it and began to snuggle it to her face. "It's illegal to be that cute..." I thought affectionately, watching her.

"Uncle," Alana called softly, but sternly, "Please, I just want peace of mind."

Drawing my attention back to Alana, I felt like I was on the knifes edge. She was giving me those puppy dog eyes. "...Those are illegal too." I could feel me losing this battle and was losing it for a long time.

"I'm not oblivious," She whispered, "I've seen the blood...I know the looks Cecelia gives you. She's...a Yandere, isn't she?"

"Alana, Cecelia..." Sighing, I reached my free hand up to Cecelia's cheek; Closing her eyes, she pressed her face into my palm, "...Yes, she is, but why are you so stubborn in knowing? I just want you to be safe. Unaware. I don't want you to have to think on such things."

"Well..." Alana said softly, "If she isn't around to protect you, who is?"

Looking down towards Yuriko, I motioned with my eyes for Alana who seemed to understand. Moving my eyes towards Sadia, who was peacefully sleeping with her daughter.

"All of them," I told her, "They protect me, and they will protect you."

"Well..." Alana looked down at her hands, fiddling with her fingers, "If they aren't around then..."

"I've been avoiding this..." The knifes edge I was on was this. It was finally clicking for me about that look Cecelia and Alana shared before. The reason they grew so close. "They're kindred spirits. My niece is a Yandere...Rosa, you have your work cut out for you. Well, unless you're also...no. Nope. Not going to think about it for now."

"I don't want you to dirty your hands," I whispered softly, shaking my head, "So...just try to be a kid, huh? Thank you for caring about me."

Alana's face brightened as she hugged me tightly, making sure not to disturb Yuriko.

"Of course!" She exclaimed quietly in my ear, "I love you, Uncle. I will make sure nothing happens to you, and ensure you live happily!"

"Heh...I don't think I have a choice," I laughed quietly, wanting to hug her, but my two hands were preoccupied, "And, I'll also make sure you do as well."

-----

Honestly, how many of you were surprised Alana was a yandere as well? It's not like your typical yandere, as her uncle ISN'T her love interest (I'm sure you know who IS her love interest though). As I said, there will be NO incest in this, unless you include Cecelia and Yuriko sharing Alex, and in essence loving each other (once they all get physical).

Alana cares for and loves her uncle obsessively, but not in the way that she wants to be with him physically. Like a protective family member or friend type thing. Of course, she wants him to like her and anything she does. Thus, she seeks his opinion on anything and everything. His approval is all. She looks for people to be like him for them to be in her life, and she will not tolerate anyone who hurts him.

I like to explain these things to give a bit of my thought process and give some context for you, the reader. I may repeat myself a bit, it's a habit that's hard to break. I hope that isn't a bother. Thank you for reading and enjoying this story. It means a lot to me and encourages me to continue writing. Much love <3 More chapters to come as I finish writing them.

5