Chapter 93: Overstimulation
222 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 93:

Overstimulation

Sounds. Some pleasant, others grating. It bombarded my ears as those in the boardroom erupted into questions, objections, and various forms of surprise. The cause for such a commotion was none other than me.

Cecelia had, for a while now, attempted to keep me hidden. Safe from prying eyes, while also ensuring I could walk freely wherever I needed. However, recent events showed that other measures had to be taken. I was being accosted in our facilities. Doubt was being placed on the scans of my identity.

She could lock me up, hide me away forever, but that would be taking away my freedom. She'd only do that if I did something foolish again. No, she had to do something more. The memos weren't enough, and now with the remnants purged, those she personally vetted were in the recently opened positions.

I didn't mind. I was nervous, of course. Being before all of them, some in person, others via hologram, was a bit much. Yet, there was something else adding to the already anxiety inducing panic. The noise. It was too loud.

It washed over me in a chaotic symphony. I felt like I was being put through a spin cycle. Everything was spinning and my thoughts weren't coherent. I was beginning to lose myself. As a high functioning autist, there was a lot I could do, but my triggers remained. Sound.

I felt myself begin to rock back and forth as my senses became overwhelmed. "Too loud...too loud..." Everyone was there with me. Scarlett to my left, Cecelia to my right, and Sadia standing behind us. Alana and Rosa sat against the wall behind us, and all of them noticed immediately when I began to exhibit the signs of overstimulation.

Alana bolted up immediately, with Rosa following. Scarlett held tightly to my arm in support, while Sadia stepped forward. Cecelia turned to me in concern, and it was all I could do to not die of embarrassment on the spot. In my desperation to calm myself, I moved my fingers to my ears, plugging them.

The world around me drowned out. The sounds dampened, yet the panic inside still ran its course. Back and forth, back and forth. It felt like an eternity before one word came through the rest of the noise. One that held such authority that it calmed even my own, restless panic.

"Silence."

Cecelia only had to say one thing, and everyone immediately quieted. A deadly silence fell over the room as they shifted uncomfortably in their seats. Slowly, I uncovered my ears as I smiled apologetically towards her and the rest of the girls. Each one simply shook their head, dismissing it. I was touched by how unbothered they were. Instead of being upset with me, they comforted me.

"In all my years..." Cecelia's quiet words were like steel, "I have never seen such a gross lack of manners and unprofessionalism. To erupt like a bunch of school girls at the latest gossip..."

Her eyes bore holes through them, her face set like stone.

"My husband..." She said, her tone softening as she looked towards me, cupping my cheek gently, "Is autistic..."

The silence was audible as she glared back towards them. I felt Alana's small hands on my shoulders as she attempted to massage them as a way to calm me down. "She's so sweet..." Smiling back at her gratefully, she returned with an understanding, sympathetic smile of her own.

"Even if he wasn't..." Cecelia continued, fire in her eyes, "That is no way to act. You inconsiderate fools. You have questions? Ask. One. At. A. Time. However, with such blatant disregard of manners..."

I couldn't help but admire and fall even deeper in love with Cecelia in this moment. Never have I seen grown adults look like children so much than in this moment. Like being caught with your hand in the cookie jar. They all looked ashamed and cowed at her words.

"You will apologize to him," She stated, "One at a time...after, he will retire to relax and calm down. Meanwhile, I will have some words with all of you."

They nodded in their agreement, and one by one they apologized. Helping me from my chair, still overwhelmed, Cecelia held me in her arms. I felt safe here, and the anxiety began to wash away.

"I'm sorry about this dear..." She apologized, but I simply shook my head, "I didn't expect such professionals to act like this...."

"I-It's alright..." I said, smiling sheepishly as I felt her body against mine.

"No, it's not," She said simply, "I'll have a talk with them. Go with the others, but before that..."

Pulling me in closer, she kissed me deeply. I heard several people let out gasps, with Scarlett, Alana, and Rosa "ooooh"-ing. I felt embarrassed, but warm inside of my heart.

"Go on," She ushered, shooing me along, "I'll be with you in a moment."

Smiling dumbly, I did as was ordered. In such a short time, she and everyone else had helped to calm me. I had never felt so cared for and loved in all my life. If I was alone, I'd have been stuck. Yet, with all of them I was in safe hands. It only served to confirm my love for all of them. Even as I felt that I was an embarrassment to them, Cecelia proved otherwise with that kiss. She made sure I knew what she felt and what she thought, as did everyone else as they helped me leave the room. Truly, I was blessed.

------

Short and sweet chapter. Next will be a bit longer with a bit of spice at the end. Flowing that will be a spicy/smut chapter.

2