Chapter 96: Ishikawa-Alden Legacy
234 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 96:

Ishikawa-Alden Legacy

Recently, I found out that my wife, Cecelia, had a title. Grand Duchess of the Ishikawa-Family. A title granted by and recognized by the leaders of the entire world. With a history like theirs, it was no wonder she had such a title. The head of the Ishikawa-Alden Family almost always inherits the title. Grand Duke or Grand Duchess. The highest title next to royalty, but with her families positioning in the market, she may as well be.

Now, we found ourselves to one of their ancestral homes. The place her mother called home. The Ishikawa-Alden Family Estate. The Manor, as they called it. A large swath of land free of any pollutants. Far from the city of London in a beautiful countryside to the north.

A large, pristine wall surrounded the estate far from where the house was actually situated. Guards patrolled its borders, and several drones flew overhead. It felt like I was entering into a fairytale once more. We flew in low, arriving at the gates.

We weren't stopped, as they knew who we were upon approach. The gates, which held the Family's Crest, opened. Looking out the window, I was awed by how beautiful everything was. Lush greenery and vibrant flowers lined the drive up to the manor, which itself was a beautiful marvel.

Its stone was well taken care of and fused elegantly with the new architecture of today's technology. Modeled after the palaces of old, it held crenelations and other tower-like structures. It was like I was looking at the past with a blend of the future. I could see other outbuildings off in the distance. The entrance to the manor was in a circular courtyard.

A large, golden fountain was situated in the center of the courtyard entrance. A beautiful, robed woman whose face was hidden in the metallic fabric seemed to twist and turn, as if dancing to a beautiful tune no one could hear. Her hands cupped together as water poured forth into the fountain below. Flowers of all kinds decorated the edges.

"It must take a lot to get flowers to grow so soon after winter..." I was impressed at everything, and even more when the car came to a stop. Servants, all lined up awaited us. All pristine clothing you'd expect from a typical medieval fantasy, but with a bit of sci-fi touches. Their outfits were slimmer than those of the past, and held fabric of higher quality.

Anxiety entered my heart as I realized just how many people were waiting, but with everyone by my side, I was reassured. Holding Cecelia's hand, and with Scarlett on my arm, we stepped out. Sadia, Alana, and Rosa following close behind.

Looking back in worry at Alana, I found that she was in safe hands as she clung to Rosa's arm. A light blush to Rosa's cheeks was quite amusing.

"Welcome Home, Grand Duchess," The servants all said in unison, "Welcome Home, Grand Duke."

"G-Grand Duke?" I faltered over my words as I stumbled upon hearing that. Cecelia and Scarlett keeping me standing, a deep blush of embarrassment ran through me as I just made a fool of myself in front of everyone.

"...Damn it mother," Cecelia sighed as she helped me adjust, "I was going to keep that a secret for a while..."

I followed Cecelia's gaze as she looked towards the front doors. My breath was caught in throat as I saw who she was staring at. With an amused smile, reminiscent of Cecelia herself, was a woman. A woman much young than I expected. Her fair skin shown only slight signs of crow's feet. 

Beautiful, deep amber eyes watched us. Her full, red lips curled in an amused smirk. Wearing a stunning black keyhole dress, complete with lace sleeves. It hugged her body and was accentuated by a golden flower pattern stitched into the left side. Her bare right leg shown through the slit in the dress, with heels that made her seem much taller.

Her deep, auburn hair was tied up elegantly with two hairpins stuck through. She was attended by a man and woman, both looking older than her, in uniforms much like Sadia's. Their greying dark hair and identical appearances made me think they might be twins. With cool, grey eyes, they watched us.

"I-Is that your mother?" I asked, rather surprised, "I...expected her to be older?"

"Ha...most do," Cecelia mused, watching me, "Now...pick your jaw up, love. She is my mother."

"S-Sorry..." I whispered sheepishly, "I guess I know where you and Scarlett get it from..."

"...Smooth talker," Cecelia smiled lovingly as we made our way towards them.

As we approached, her mother curtsied slightly in greeting.

"Welcome home," She said softly, "It's been too long."

Her voice was light, as if it carried itself upon the very wind, yet still so clear and strong. Upon closer inspection, I noticed several scars. One that went across her cheek, another that passed just under her collarbone, and a few upon her legs. I was reminded of the story Cecelia told me.

"Is that...from their father? Her husband?" I found myself becoming saddened when I realized everyone was quiet, watching me.

"H-Huh?" Looking around, I felt like I had done something wrong, "Did I...do something wrong?"

"Not at all, my dear," Cecelia reassured, reaching a hand up to my cheek.

"Well...aside from stumbling over yourself," Cecelia's mother teased, "Though, I'd say more amusing than wrong. Cecelia was right about you...you're rather cute."

"Mother," Cecelia cautioned, to which her mother laughed lightly.

"Relax, dear," She waved a hand dismissively, "I've no plan on stealing your husband...though it seems your sister is quite attached. Yuriko, it's nice to see you again."

"...You too, mother," Scarlett smiled happily, pressing herself close to me.

"Scarlett?" I questioned, feeling something was off.

"Excuse me?" Their mother's words turned to steel, and the two attendants tensed, "What did you just-"

Cecelia made a move, as did Sadia and Scarlett. Scarlett held a needle to the woman's throat, their hand frozen behind their back. Sadia's gun aimed at the man's head as his hand was frozen in the same place, and Cecelia...she held a blade to her mother's throat who had, from somewhere, produced a bladed fan.

"W-Woah!" I exclaimed, holding up my hands, "Relax!"

"Mother..." Cecelia spoke coldly, "I love you, but it matters not if you're family...raise a hand to Alex, and I'll end you...It will break my heart. Don't make me."

"Oh my..." Their mother tutted, looking between her daughters, "You two have grown up well...Yuriko, you-"

"Scarlett, mother," Scarlett smiled, blushing as she looked back at me, "Isn't that right, Alex?"

"Ah...So that's it," Sighing, I steadied my heart as I put my hand to Cecelia's arm, "Their mother is just being protective...thinking I did something Scarlett wouldn't like."

"Love, please," I asked, motioning for her to put away her blade, "And yes...that's right, Scarlett."

Pressing the back of my other hand to her cheek, she smiled as she blushed lightly.

"You're my Scarlett, now, aren't you?" I asked, to which she giggled and withdrew her needle.

"Yep!" With her arms wrapping around me, she planted a big kiss on my cheek before turning to her mother, "Mother...Thank you, but don't ever threaten Alex again. I'll be really upset if you do..."

"...I see," Their mother seemed amused as the fan in her hand disappeared, "I have jumped ahead of myself and made me to be a fool. My daughters love you...Scarlett would not use that name if something wonderous hasn't happened."

Feeling relieved as Cecelia lowered her blade, I smiled awkwardly. The other attendants removed their hands and Sadia took back her gun.

"Allow me to apologize," She stated, holding her hands before her as she bowed, followed by her attendants, "I, Yumei Andrea Ishikawa-Alden, do humbly apologize for raising my hand against you, the Grand Duke and love to my daughters."

As she bowed her head, I felt an insane amount of embarrassment as I quickly asked her to rise. Looking up mischievously, their mother had that same look in her eye that Cecelia did when she was amused. "Shit...The entire family?" I knew I was in danger then.

"S-So, what do I call you?" I asked nervously.

"Do not worry," They said as they straightened, "Yumei, Andrea...or mother. you may choose. Most call me Lady Yumei, or Duchess Yumei, but that's too formal. Some here in the west prefer using my middle name. I was named as our ancestors, and both Scarlett and my boy Julius have a middle name reflective of their heritage."

"I-I see..." I was conflicted on what to call her, so for now I chose the safest one, "Alright then...mother. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Alex."

"Oh yes, I know all about you," She mused, that glint in her eye, "Come...let's get you all inside. There's so much I'd love to know."

Somehow, as she turned and walked away, even as everyone relaxed, I felt like I was walking into a dragon's den. Following everyone in behind her, my fate was sealed.

-----

Mama Yandere has entered the chat. Lol.

Jokes aside, this was a bit difficult to write. A mother protective of their daughters, and who love their mother in return...protecting the one they love and are obsessed with from her. A bit of a rocky start, but truth be told...

Spoiler

it's a test by her to see just how close he is  to them. Protective mother.

[collapse]

That being said, help me decide. As explained with their mother's name, they hold one (save Cecelia) of their background. Which would you prefer her to be called by Alex? Poll Below.

What should Alex call his Mother-In-Law?
  • Yumei (First name) Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Andrea (Middle Name) Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mother/Mother-In-Law (A bit awkward to write in some instances) Votes: 7 46.7%
Total voters: 15
3