Chapter 108: A Family Together
154 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 108:

A Family Together

Julius, Scarlett, and I all sat in a small cafe in London. The reports of the attack were suppressed, and all was calm once more. Most present agreed that they started the fight, and Eliza was soon silenced as well. Cecelia held no qualms in taking her out once she heard.

The world would change for me, or she'd change it. Power. That is what Cecelia was. Power and love. Love for me. Love for her family. Love for a better world.

--Enjoy your day with them, dear.

--Are you sure you don't wish to join?

--Quite alright. There's some cleaning that needs to be done.

--Don't push yourself too hard.

--Don't worry, Alex. I'll relax later when you return. ;)

--Stay safe.

--Always.

Ending my messaging with Cecelia, I focused on the two before me. Scarlett held her a cup of hot chocolate, while Julius had a tea. I myself had a cold apple cider.

"So...what else brings you here?" Julius asked as he took a sip from his cup.

"Scarlett wanted to see you," I motioned over to her who smiled happily, "And I also missed you. You're family, Julius. People miss family."

"...I guess," He shrugged, sighing, "Still, now I'll have to take a break from college for a while."

"Sorry about that..." I felt slightly guilty.

"Don't be," He dismissed, "Assholes deserved it. No one mourns for them. They use their cybernetics to bully others. They're the ones I put in the hospital before."

"Really?" I could only laugh at the coincidence, "Honestly, you'd think they'd learn."

"It's all rocks up in their heads," He joked, which shocked me.

"So...you can joke," I teased, much to his embarrassment.

"That aside..." He changed the subject, "How's everyone doing?"

"Good...Good," I nodded, looking into my drink, "I met your mother."

There was a silence that fell over us, but after a moment he broke it.

"Is she well?" He asked softly.

"Yes," I nodded, rubbing the back of my neck, "She reacted the same way as you did."

"...Sorry about that," Julius apologized for the fiftieth time since.

When I first called Scarlett her first name in front of him, he had immediately went into instinct mode. Luckily, Scarlett was there to stop him as she caught his fist. Staring each other down, Scarlett had threatened him with her needle before he realized his mistake.

"It's alright," I dismissed, "I understand the shock. Scarlett is precious to me...when she told me everything, how could I not adhere to it?"

"I understand," He nodded, looking towards his sister who happily sipped her drink, "...Thank you."

He whispered the words, but I heard them as I simply nodded, not wanting to bring too much attention to it.

"So...what now?" I asked him as we stood to leave.

"I return home," He stated, throwing his empty cup away as Scarlett skipped behind us.

"It'll be good to have you back," I patted him on the back to which he shyly nodded.

"Yay~ Juli's coming home~" Scarlett draped herself over his back as she hugged onto him.

-----

Julius came home with us, arriving just as Cecelia returned. Embracing her, she escorted us all inside where everyone else was waiting. There was a feast prepared as we all sat together to enjoy the evening. For the next few days, it was good to have Julius back. He was a good distraction for Alana, Rosa, and Scarlett who wasted no time in tormenting him.

Though he protested, it didn't go unnoticed by me the small smile he had whenever they dragged him away. This left time for me and Cecelia to enjoy the cool evening air.

Sitting on a balcony overlooking the gardens, we lounged on a divan together drinking wine. Wrapped in one of her arms, she held me close.

"Alex," She spoke softly, "You seem a lot better lately."

"Really?" I asked shyly, resting my head against her, "If I do...it's because of all of you."

"Heh, I'm glad to hear it," Her words held love in them as she held me close, "Alex, there's nothing in this world I'd not do for you. I will make them bow to your whim."

"I don't know if I need that," I replied, looking up at her beautiful face, "All I need is you...and those who surround me. There's love I haven't felt ever in my life."

Her eyes filled with obsession and affection as she leaned in to kiss me. Pulling my down as she set her wine glass on the table. We embraced in pleasure and ecstasy. Our moans muffled with kisses, our hands running over the others body. She pinned me down, and I her.

As the final act came to a close, we lay panting, catching our breath nestled against each other. My hand tracing her sides as I gazed at the stars.

"I never thought I'd be here," I whispered, "But I am...All thanks to you. If we never met-"

"But we did," Cecelia shushed me, a finger to my lips, "So, relax, my love."

"Mhm..." Wrapping my arms around her, I held her tightly, "After all...I'm home."

The night sounds gave rise in the loving silence between us. Enjoying each other's company, I couldn't help but think on all the things to come.

-----

With things running to a close, the coming chapters may feel a bit different from the others. A lot of summaries of events, and a jump in location. There is a bit of a time skip by a couple months. Just a heads up so it's not so jarring.

0