Chapter 4: Preparations
587 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc 1: Luxuria

Chapter 4: Preparations

 

After around three hours, Asmo returned to Haruki and shared what he had seen and observed.

Haruki was in deep contemplation, sitting on a large "throne" carved out of a brilliant blue crystal. Rather than a man-made furniture, the throne was more like a cluster of jewels chaotically sewn together, with a small gap in front made for someone to sit on. Rising from the ground, it looked like it grew from the stone floor, as if it was a naturally growing thing. The tips branched out like sharp fingers, giving the imagery of a hard coral. The entire thing pulsated every second or so, giving the illusion that it was a beating heart.

This seemingly strange crystal was actually the Obelisk of Lust. Haruki never saw its appearance in the game, since it was usually listed as part of the "Capital". Though, following the lore from the game and with persistent urging from a very adamant Familiar, Haruki was now currently using it as his throne.

A musky scent permeated in the air, especially strong and fragrant near the Obelisk. Upon closer inspection, one would find dim dust particles floating in the air - the essence of Corruption was so thick it appeared like a very transparent yet shadowy smog. While Humans would find the smell awful and the visibility poor, Demons thrived in such an atmosphere. Haruki found it all pleasant, perfectly adapting to his new identity as a Demon like fish in water.

Haruki's "throne room" was full of Corruption, but virtually devoid of any furniture except for the Obelisk. This was as expected, as the tower they resided in had recently been constructed by Asmo. There were three floors in the entire building, with a large basement for a storehouse.

The first floor was vertically divided into three major parts - the middle one turned into a reception hall with the entrance and the staircase, the west one into an armory and treasure room, and the east one divided into uneven portions that comprised the dining hall, kitchen and servants' quarters.

The second floor contained the large throne room where the Obelisk was located; it was also connected to Haruki's study, bedroom and personal bathroom. On the other side across the central corridor that held the staircase was a large conference room. The conference room had nothing but a long table and several chairs. Once Haruki found a map of the entire continent, he would pin it on the wall there.

The third floor carried several bedrooms and a shared bath. According to Asmo, this would be the rooms of the Heroes and other important figures in the faction. Haruki agreed but wondered if the entire floor would even be occupied. Asmo treated his words the wrong way and proudly proclaimed that the structure can "grow" a few more floors to accommodate more people.

The mention of "growing" made Haruki realize that Demon structures were considered to be "alive" and would develop accordingly based on the Sovereign's actions. Therefore, this tower should be the Demonic Den, which could be aptly explained as Haruki's "castle".

What a lewd-looking castle. But Haruki digressed - it fit the Lust Demons so well.

According to Asmo's information, their Demonic Den was located in the middle of the region known as the Extollan Wastes. If Haruki based it on the supplementary materials centering around the game's original setting, it would be a very arid and desolate area in the southeastern edge of the continent. To its west was the desert occupied by the Nit Magedom and towards the north beyond a huge river was the Varuna Theocracy. Both were Human factions.

"Ugh, I sincerely hope I remembered it wrong," muttered Haruki. "Being surrounded by two powerful Human factions would be really bad for us."

"Asmo only saw a few Human settlements in the west. Asmo saw no emblems or flags, so they might not belong to any nation!"

"If Nit is in our west, then it's as expected." Haruki frowned as he pulled up memories from the game. "As the nation of Wisdom, they can be a little closed off. Aside from a ginormous capital that housed the Mist Tower and a few cities in the vicinity, they won't be expanding too much due to their Faction Bonus. These small Human villages should not belong to them but might be a gathering of some families or workers that mine in the Wastes."

"As for Varuna, the river in the north should be the Asphodel River near the Dragons' Dead End. They are definitely powerful, but they won't live near the Dragons willy-nilly. Still, that river won't be much of a roadblock if the Judicators came to knock on our door."

Asmo was frightened at the mention of the band of righteous knights. "Master should be very careful! Asmo had never seen the Judicators before, but even Asmo knows they dislike Demons very much!"

"Dislike is putting it lightly." Haruki knew the Varuna Theocracy really well - most of his near losses were due to competent players using this faction against him. They were incredibly strong against Demons, but weak when facing other Human factions. Still, it wasn't like they couldn't be defeated by Demons. However, Haruki wasn't interested in provoking them until it was completely necessary.

Haruki put the Human factions out of his mind and pursued a new topic with Asmo. "About the minor races you found, the Chimeras are quite close to us?"

Asmo bobbed up and down in a nodding fashion. "Asmo saw some Chimeras and followed them as instructed. The Chimeras live in a small cave system around five kilometers to the northwest. Asmo sensed a powerful aura there, it must be a Chimera Hero!"

Chimeras were a minor race in Verethragna Gloria. Minor races did not belong to Humans or Demons; they were completely independent beings that called certain parts of the land as their home. In the game, they were commonly known as "neutrals" that factions can either ally with or subjugate. However, the minor races were more popular for their Quests, where if completed by a faction, rewarded unique units, Treasures or even recruitable Heroes!

As a top player, Haruki was of course familiar with these Quests. If he could, he would complete them before another faction does. They were also useful pawns when utilized in the right way. With their high Charisma Stats and max Seduction Skill, Lust Demons could easily sway them to do their bidding.

However, this world might not be as simple as the game. And the Chimeras - Haruki shuddered just thinking about them.

Chimeras were failed experiments that originated from the Nit Magedom. In an era of turmoil for these people that craved Wisdom, several scholars used forbidden Magic to bind their fellow Humans with parts from monsters and other creatures. Most of them turned into grotesque hybrids such as a human head on a panther's body with a snake's head as its tail. A Hero from the Magedom rose up to stop these inhumane experiments, but the rescued Chimeras were driven away instead of being killed.

Cursed to live their lives as half-monsters, the Chimeras were violent and territorial beings. Haruki would have left them alone ordinarily, but a Chimera Hero…

It should be "him"; Haruki had no doubts about it. A plan quickly manifested in his mind.

"I've decided. Our first goal is to invite the Chimeras into our realm."

Asmo choked, dropped down a bit and almost forgot how to fly. "M-master? Invite the Chimeras? The half-monsters? Asmo does not understand…"

"What Luxuria lacks is combat power," explained Haruki with a self-satisfied grin. "If we recruit the Chimeras, then poof, we instantly have a fighting force equivalent to that of a Lesser Dragon. Easy-peasy."

The Familiar could only stare and gape. Easy? Did Master not notice that he doesn't even have one combatant at the moment?!

"Alright, now we've got a plan!" Haruki clapped his hands amidst his assistant's confusion. "First step, I should do a Hero Summoning."

"Master is Summoning a Hero? Asmo thought you would save it for later?" The Familiar was incredibly lost at how fickle-minded his Master was.

"Well, in order for my plan to succeed, we will need a Hero's assistance." Haruki noticed the Familiar's doubtful expression but quickly ignored it. He was the Sovereign so between the two of them, the little creature had no choice but to follow orders. "Go on, fetch me a Summoning Circle."

Asmo hesitated, but under threat of hand squeezes, finally acquiesced.

The Familiar was quick at his work and dug out a small pool in the middle of the throne room without lifting a metaphorical finger. Haruki deduced it was the Demonic Den "growing" according to his wishes, so he decided not to sweat the details.

The pool was quickly filled with liquid Mana, which shimmered a clear, bluish hue. This was the form of Mana most suitable for spell work, though it can also be solidified into crystals, dispersed as plasma in the air and converted into pure energy to fuel machines and tools. Mana was usually harvested in its solid form, with underground Mana veins being the most coveted of the natural resources in the game. This world should be the same, thought Haruki.

Haruki watched as his kingdom's Mana reserves were instantly cut by half. All budding factions start off with 2,000 Mana, which was usually enough for it to get started. A Hero Summoning cost 10,000 Mana, but the first time was discounted at 1,000. Still, using half of your initial reserve at the start of the game was suicidal, but Haruki never played by the books.

Within a few minutes, the preparations for the Summoning Circle were complete. However, Asmo did not think so.

"Master must wear suitable clothes for the ceremony!" said Asmo with a self-righteous aura. "Asmo knows that first impressions are important, so Master must dress for the occasion!"

Haruki gave the Familiar a bland look, but the flying fluffy ball was adamant. Asmo pushed his Master into the bedroom and handed over a bunch of clothes from the nearby wardrobe.

Left with no choice, Haruki did as he was told. When he finally finished and turned to the mirror, he was a bit surprised.

Haruki's looks did not change much, but he seemed to appear a little younger and healthier. The eyebags from overworking and staying up late playing games were gone and his fair skin was supple and soft to the touch. His jet-black hair looked silky smooth, and his dark eyes had a youthful twinkle in them. Taking off his eyeglasses, he realized that he regained his 20/20 vision. He wondered if he had night vision, since all Demons were known to easily see in the dark.

His body was slim and slender as ever, though his butt was noticeably more perky than what he was used to. However, physique and appearance rarely complemented one's combat power in the game; some popular Heroes had shota and loli bodies but could easily one-hit KO an A-Rank monster. If this world followed the same principles, then Haruki should not judge a person based on looks alone. Anyway, he had the cheat-like Identifying Magic and his instincts honed from the game - he will be fine no matter who he faced.

The clothes Asmo gave Haruki were the standard outfit for the Sovereign of Lust. As one might expect, it showed a lot of skin. He wore a tight-fitting sleeveless dark black shirt cropped in the middle, so one could see his flat abdomen. A pair of sleek white slacks were on the bottom, but for some reason it had some well-placed tears and holes that accented his ass and legs. Covering him was a long-sleeved dark blue robe with swirling silver patterns, which flowed down up to his knees. As Asmo recommended, the robe was not tied up, showing the sensual garments underneath it.

Asmo had some accessories prepared for Haruki as well. On his head was a simple silver circlet inlaid with a small sapphire. On his hips was a golden chain, with a small unassuming pouch that reeked of strong Magic power. Just slightly above his ankle was a thin silver ring. He was barefooted however, which Asmo insisted was "to ensure Master can easily use his shadow for his Darkness Magic". If not for that excuse, Haruki would have thought the Familiar had a foot fetish.

Unlike the anklet and chain which were ordinary decorations, the pouch and the circlet were both standard equipment found in the game.

[Name: Mid-Grade Merchant's Magic Bag]

[Rank: C]

[Description: A trader's best friend. Manufactured by the Consortium. Please be wary of Greed Demons with Space Magic; this cheap equipment had no protection against them.]

[Function: Can be bound to one specific user. Holds a specific number of items equivalent to the owner's Charisma Stat. One Charisma Stat is equivalent to ten kilograms of space.]

Haruki's eyes brightened at this. For once, his absurdly high Charisma had some use here. With his 350 Charisma, he now had a mobile warehouse that could store 3,500 kilograms worth of stuff. It was only C-Rank, but in his hands, it was as good as an A+ equipment.

[Name: Debaucher's Diadem]

[Rank: E+ (Upgradable)]

[Description: The crown of the Demon King of Lust. Personally engendered by the God of Corruption for the child of unrestrained passion. To drown the world with your innermost desires - that is your mission.]

[Function: Can only be worn by the Sovereign of Luxuria. Raises the wielder's MP regeneration by 10%. Grants immunity against others' Seduction Skill. Can unlock new traits by upgrading through Magicraft.]

Haruki grew silent at the Diadem's description. "To drown the world with my innermost desires…"

Asmo ignored Haruki's mumblings and looked at him from head to foot in awe. "As expected of Master! With one look, Master can drive men and women to sin!"

Haruki gave the Familiar a meaningful gaze. The Sovereign of Lust was known to be bisexual, but things were a little different for him. "I only like men though."

"Asmo understands," responded the Familiar without the slightest hint of disgust or apprehension on his furry face. "Then Asmo shall arrange male bed partners for Master."

Haruki spluttered. What bed partner? He was a fucking virgin; he had no sexual experience at all! He was the Demon representing Lust but had no plans doing the deed with anyone in this world. "N-no need…"

"Asmo understands; Master will choose his bed partner on his own. Asmo will not intervene in this matter."

What Asmo understands, you don't understand at all, thought Haruki.

But Haruki had no intention of clearing the misunderstanding, lest the creature force him to fornicate. He audibly cleared his throat and spoke. "That's enough preparation. Let's head back to the Summoning Circle."

"Yes, Master!" Asmo chirped in excitement, following his lavishly dressed Master back to the Throne Room.

24