Chapter 14: Disguise
385 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc 2: Chimera

Chapter 14: Disguise

 

Early morning light pierced through the windows of the White Chrysanthemum Inn, softly embracing the exposed fair skin of a blonde young man. He opened his eyes, which glimmered in a jet-black color before turning into a deep shade of blue.

"Ugh…" Haruki groaned, sitting up on the bed, allowing the thin bed cover to move down and expose his naked chest. He then touched the body sleeping beside him, putting some first as he shook. "Monad, wake up, it's morning already."

Tufts of brown hair appeared from the covers. In a moment, a tanned and well-built young man emerged lazily, wrapping his arms around the other boy's waist. "Good morning, young master."

"Huh, you're really enjoying this entire situation," stated Haruki with some disdain on his face. While he currently wore the face of a different person, his expressions were still familiar to his Consort. On the other hand, Monad was living the life portraying the act of a flirtatious knight, allowing him to show his inner rogue much more than usual.

In fact, while the two ordered their bed partners last night to use the Psychic Magic spell Hypnosis for information gathering, they still ended up doing "night activities" as that servant from the Inn put it.

Monad gave his lover a pacifying kiss on the lips. "Don't worry too much, I'm sure Avon and Raven wouldn't mind."

"I do mind, though," said Haruki with a heavy sigh. The group of four Demons left Harlux to investigate the Humans that turned up missing for the past few months and the trail led them to this specific establishment.

Haruki and Monad were to try and get some hints from the "staff", but the two quickly learned the prostitutes of the brothel knew little about the case. The Familiar, Asmo, was to check the entire structure from top to bottom. Raven, who was disguised as a lady knight, was a trustworthy Succubus with a rare Shapeshifting Skill, so her responsibility was to survey the entire town for any suspicious activities.

The last member of their group, the Hero named Avon, was told to stay put because of her special "circumstances". Haruki had grown a few white hairs ever since he successfully summoned her. "I really hope Avon did as she was told this time…"

Monad hummed in an apathetic manner. "Hmmm, I wouldn't count it."

"Right," mumbled Haruki as he breathed out another sigh.

Monad patted Haruki's back in consolation, though this seemingly innocent action sprouted ulterior motives when he started massaging and kissing the skin. "It's still early. Let's take off our Disguises for now and make full use of this room. We paid quite a hefty price for it."

Haruki raised an eyebrow - was money really a concern now? Ever since Monad and the enthusiastic Alchemists from Luxuria perfected the lubricant made from Black Wolf blood and other herbs, they made quite the riches from selling them in the Human settlements. Especially Stonecutter's Village; Haruki saw the two "staff" from last night carrying a bottle each.

It was now two months since Haruki was reborn in the world he knew was the setting of the game Verethragna Gloria. Within that short time, the Luxuria had considerably extended their influence beyond their sole city of Harlux, taking root in the shady side of the Human towns cradled in the Extollan Wastes. Several Lust Demons had already hidden themselves amongst the populace, working as informants, traders and mercenaries. After Raven, the best scout amongst the Incubi and Succubi, received vital information about the missing Humans that intrigued Haruki, he decided to pay it a visit, using the Disguise Skill and some well-thought-out backstories.

Monad was forced to learn the Disguise Skill if he wanted to accompany his beloved Demon King and did not hesitate to use his SP. Haruki frowned upon his decision; it would have been better for the Hero to upgrade his current Skills rather than acquire a new one. A Rare-level Skill like Disguise cost a hundred SP to learn, so the Incubus basically had to empty out his pockets for this excursion.

However, the Hero didn't mind, especially if he could spend some rare moments like this. Monad swallowed his beloved's protests with a long and steamy kiss, before touching and fondling the lean and smooth body beneath him. The two men quickly turned back to their original faces and spent a sacred moment meant for only two.

~

"You did what?!"

Haruki and Monad, back now in their guises as the young master Addie and his knight Damon, were conversing with a voluptuous woman dressed as a maid. The three members of the Lust Faction met in the corridors, on their way to the inn's dining hall to reconvene with the others.

"You should have seen the look on his face when he came, young master," said the maid known as "Nova". But to Haruki, she was Verethragna Gloria's infamous Hero Avon, the Sprig-Eating Duchess. The middle-aged lady was pressing both her hands on her face, acting like a flustered virgin girl, despite the shameless words coming out of her mouth. "Such a debauched look was a welcome sight from ages long past~"

Haruki shuddered. He knew what he was getting into when she decided to Summon Avon next, but he underestimated this world's characterization of the Hero. Unlike Monad who was a Builder Hero, Avon was a Saboteur Hero, suited for subterfuge and intelligence gathering. Knowing that he had to somehow take in the Chimeras of the Extollan Wastes to his side - plus the threat of the neighboring Nit and Varuna nations looming ever presently - Haruki had decided to put his all into accumulating information as he could.

Back then, it was a wise decision for the Demon Lord of Lust, especially considering the Hero's Skill set.

[Name: Avon, the Sprig-Eating Duchess]

[Level: 11/???]

[Class: Saboteur Hero]

[Race: Demon]

[Affiliation: Luxuria]

[Affinity: Lust (100%)]

[Affection: 75/100]

[Stats:]

[HP: 150/150]

[MP: 600/600]

[SP: 20]

[Strength: 19 (+1)]

[Stamina: 15 (+1)]

[Intelligence: 60 (+6)]

[Resistance: 84 (+8)]

[Agility: 27 (+8)]

[Charisma: 96 (+9)]

[Luck: 71 (+7)]

[Hero Ability: "Motherly Embrace" - Entrap a certain number of targets within thick and bulbous vines, preventing them from moving and casting Spells. All bound enemies will be more susceptible to Psychic Magic. The vines are susceptible from outside attacks with limited stamina. This Hero Ability can only be used once per day.]

[Current Level: 1/?? (Number of targets to be bound and the stampina of the summoned vines depends on Ability Level. Ability Level increases through spending a corresponding amount of SP.)]

[Current Maximum Number of Targets: Three]

[Current Summoned Vine HP: 2,000]

[Skills:]

[Devourer of Youths (Unique, Level: 1); Psychic Magic (Rare, Level: 5); Disguise (Rare, Level 2); Interrogation (Rare, Level 1); Seduction (Common, Level: MAX); Wood Magic (Common, Level: 2); Succubus Movement Bonus (Passive, Level 1)]

[Blessings:]

[Luxuria Faction Bonus: "Devil's Fertility" - All territories of the Luxuria Faction gain an additional 30% (current total: 130%) harvest output for all resources. All units receive a 10% combat bonus as well as increased HP and MP regeneration when the Sovereign of Lust is within 100 meters.]

[Luxuria Faction Bonus: "Avatar of Desire" - All followers of the Luxuria Faction receive the MAX Level "Seduction" common skill. All followers with Psychic Magic will gain an additional 2 levels.]

[Unique Bonus: "Devourer of Youths" - Neutral and enemy units who haven't shed off their "youth" are more susceptible to the Skills of this character.]

[Passive Bonus: "Succubus Movement Bonus" - All units from the "Succubus" Demon race gain a 20% Agility bonus when within 50 meters of this character.]

[Combat Rating: E]

[Written Assessment: Mommy, hug me!]

Blatantly ignoring the Assessment, Haruki was very much satisfied with Avon's potential as a Hero for his fledgling kingdom. Her Hero Ability synergizes well with her innate proficiency at Psychic Magic and she had high enough Intelligence, Resistance, Charisma and Luck to make it work. Her Passive Skill was also a welcome addition, as the specialized female units under the employ of the Luxuria Faction were mostly Succubi. It's too bad the Demonspawn were not in the same category. Well, at least it works for Avon herself, since she was a Succubus.

However, that was the problem - Avon was a Succubus. And a pretty thirsty one at that.

If "Motherly Embrace" and "Devourer of Youths" didn't clue you in, then Haruki thought you were raised in the most innocent corners of the internet. In his previous world, Avon was known as a standard "MILF" - a woman who had roughly given birth at that point of her life, but aged so well that she was still conventionally attractive to even younger men. And Verethragna Gloria ran away with this idea, which led Haruki to his current predicament.

The "Sprig-Eating Duchess" was a Succubus who preyed on younger men. In fact, she was so famous at it that her backstory included marrying a Human Duke with seven handsome sons, all so that she could claim their virginity at the first opportune moment. And she almost succeeded, if not for the youngest son being a talented and upright Hero and putting a stop to her winning streak.

And so, ever since she was Summoned, Avon had gotten rid of all male virgins in proximity and welcomed them as her "children". Granted, Harlux was the City of Divine Pleasures, and it was not a feat given the Luxuria Demons' promiscuity. But it seemed like her claws were now inching towards the Human settlements and for the Hero that was supposed to lead his kingdom's espionage activities, Haruki thought it was a huge flaw.

"Avon, I told you, no, 'ordered' you not to approach and touch any of the Humans we encounter," stated Haruki, rubbing his throbbing forehead. As a dutiful Consort, Monad took it himself to massage his liege's shoulders, all with a happy smile on his face remembering the many hours they spent in bed.

"But young master, huhu…" Avon had a teary-eyed expression on her face, looking like a mother who had been wronged by her son. "It was that young boy who approached me, saying he will give me a 'special service' in exchange for information…"

Haruki's body froze and Monad's massage halted in consequence. "He's fishing for information? That young waiter?"

"Hm hm~" Avon lowered her body a bit, making sure that she was on eye-level with her young and rather short King. "He told me it was his side-job, all the information he gets goes to a shady guild known as the 'Shifting Sand'. Since Lord Haruki came in here in the guise of a young nobleman, that little boy probably thought he could gain some blackmail material in exchange for some coin."

"I see," said Haruki, the gears on his head turning rapidly. "That means there's a good chance that this 'Inn' itself is not connected to the case of the missing Humans, but the employees here are connected to an outside organization. And this organization could be the perpetrator that we are looking for."

"That seems more probable," agreed Monad. "I don't see the Chimeras lobbying a pleasure house, but an information guild is another story."

"And this guild should be relaying the information that the Chimeras needed, which helped them choose which Humans to abduct, including the when and how."

Monad couldn't help but give an appraising look at the Succubus currently disguised as a maid. "It seems we have a good lead thanks to Avon."

"That's right," said Haruki with a smile on his face. "Good work, Avon."

"Anything for you, Master~" The lady said with a cheery voice, but there was a calculative look on her face. "But it seems I heard wrong when you called me…"

The smile on the young Demon Lord's face vanished in an instant. In a voice that drawled disdain, he muttered. "Good work, Mother…"

"Kyaaaaaaa~" Avon jumped and hugged her despondent Master, who simply stood and let her be. "Lord Haruki is so cute and cuddly. How can the Lord of Luxuria be this young and adorable?!"

Haruki was already immune to Avon's skinship and simply patted her back. At first, the breasts squashed on his face would have made him uncomfortable, but he rapidly learned that the more embarrassed he was, the more the Succubus would tease and play with him. "Now, now, we still have work to do…"

"Ahhhhh, Lord Haruki, if only you'd accept women as your Consorts, huhu." Her grieving face instantly changed to a contorted one as she gave Monad a hair-raising glare. "Men are scum. Especially Incubi. Their dicks should be cut off as soon as they dare use it."

Monad simply raised an eyebrow. "You've forgotten that your beloved 'children' have dicks, too."

"How dare you compare yourself to my lovely innocent children! Unlike men like you, they only embrace their mother. Isn't that wonderful? They are not tainted by the filthiness of savages who fuck men and women without a single thought!"

"What a crude and self-serving ideology."

"Silence, you mangy cur. I will cut you where you-"

"That's enough, you two." Haruki's low yet piercing tone cut off the two Heroes' argument. "If you haven't forgotten, we are still under Disguise. And whether we are in one or not, I thought I made it clear that we are allies. I don't dream that the two of you will ever get along, but there is no need to open hostilities when there is no need. Understand?"

Monad was quick to respond. "Of course, Haruki."

Avon shivered, but it was likely not due to fear. "Y-yes, young master…"

Haruki sighed heavily. Word of God from Verethragna Gloria said that Avon had an innate "hostility" against men with storied sex lives, but it definitely surprised him that it was to this extent. According to Avon, men were filthy creatures that needed a mother's devotion to stay on the right path. And this devotion included ridding them of their virginity and sex drive, making sure they could only do "that" with their "mother".

Crazy! Those developers and writers of Verethragna Gloria were downright crazy! Not to mention, the third Hero he Summoned before leaving Harlux. Haruki was trembling with cold nerves just thinking about that guy!

It was a good thing that Demons were born loyal to their Sovereign, thought Haruki as she stared at Monad and Avon exchanging glances - one with humor and the other with contempt. Plus, Summoning gave him a major edge over them, that too. If he ever gets more Consorts in the future, the motherly Hero will not disdain him and call him a "savage". It was definitely certain she'd curse his Consorts to hell and back, though.

Haruki gave out a heavy sigh once again in front of his two Summoned Heroes. Life as the Sovereign of Luxuria was not a walk in the park. Who said "isekai'd" people got it good? He was beginning to miss his former life.

Still, the game had to be played. If there was a reason why he was chosen to become a "Player", he needed to get to the bottom of it. But of course, first things first.

"Let's head back to the dining hall. Raven and Asmo should be waiting for us there."

Hello readers! I'm back~

I apologize for the looong wait. Circumstances weren't good for my last quarter of the year, so I had no choice but to put off my writing. But now I'm back with regularly scheduled updates. Monday to Friday with around 2,000 words per chapter is still on the plate.

As an apology, I will be uploading a spicy bonus chapter that showcases what happened between the lines in this chapter (you know what I mean). It will be up on Saturday, beyond the normal schedule.

And happy new year to everyone! Hope this year brings us more goodies~

17