Attack On The Outpost
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first day of training I was unable to follow Nico's movement. He was brutal and oppressive with his sword.

Somehow I started to enjoy it though, I'd learnt two sets out of 12 by the 3rd day of training. Every time me and Nico clashed it felt like I was slamming the moves into my flesh; constantly improving my form. Destroying every imperfection.

It was exhilarating. I stabbed my sword forward at his abdomen, he read the move and I needed to evade before he countered. I swung my sword vertically upward to create space. And knocked his sword skyward.

I didn't give him time to recover as I had seen an opening. I stomped the ground and cleared a  meter in a second. I channeled qi into my sword and it took on a red hue.

"WOOOSH!!"

I broke through his defence and the strike was about to hit. He sidestepped me and brought his sword to my throat.

The battle had concluded.

"My win again kid, but it's actually insane how fast your improving. Well if I could use my Rank 3 qi you wouldn't have been able to even attack." Nico gloated.

I looked at him and shouted. "Again!!" I wasn't done, I felt close to a breakthrough of some sort.

"Boy, it's enough for today. You've been doing extremely well but your running low on qi. Retire for today and recover."

I looked at Shiroi for a few seconds and looked at my qi reserve. Indeed it was low.

"Yes master."

"Good. Nico, he's ready for the third set. Teach it to him tomorrow."

"Yes father."

Shiroi was lost in thought. They had declared war two months ago but hand't attacked any of the outposts? 'Just what are they waiting for?' He went to double check the sensors and the defences in the combination room.

I had finished my night routine and absorbed some more qi before laying my head down and catching some sleep.

A loud explosion woke me out of my slumber.

"BOOOM!!!"

I reacted fast and threw on my protective training gear then holstered 'Moon Crescent' katana at my waist. I slowly started moving down the stairs, I heard clashing of steel and loud screaming coming from outside

I clutched the handle of the outpost and swung it open. It was a bloodbath. Shiroi and Nico were outnumbered 10-1.

Shiroi disappeared and reappeared behind one of the masked assailants and cleaved his body from the seam vertically in two.

I thought seeing this sight would make me throw up but seeing such a bloodbath made me want to fight; I wanted to kill and slaughter anything that threatened me.

I clutched the Moon Crescent Sword.

"BOY! DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! GO BACK INSIDE! *UGH!*"

Shiroi turned to face the rest of the assailants. By now there were about half left. He clasped his hands together and what followed was truly a horrific show of power.

The space distorted in 10 different spots above the assailants heads. I couldn't even blink before all of their heads were sent into the void. He opened up portals around their heads and closed them at their neck.

I gulped and looked at the scene before me.

"Who were these people master! How were they able to attack so suddenly, surely this place has defences?"

"You are correct it had defences and sensors. Someone knew about them and overdid them before we could notice. And as to who these people are.

They are basilisk Asura. They declared war on us two months ago and we have been preparing ever since. I guess the war has officially started."

"Doesn't that mean I'm delaying you, you are a general, surely you should also be preparing for war."

"So you have noticed. You are a member of the royal family weather you like it or not. And I have been given the duty to ensure your survival. If I fail that's my head." Shiroi said matter of factly.

"I…see. So I'm a burden. No I refuse to be a burden, I can reach Rank 1 in 10 days. We just need to hunt Rank 1 beats and let me absorb their cores."

"You realise how dangerous that is? You would have died last time if I didn't instruct you."

"Yes master, I'm aware. But isn't that your job?."

"Hehe. I see, you are correct in that sense. Okay I'll tweak your schedule a bit. Qi training in the morning, fighting Nico for half the day, hunting for the other half and qi training before you sleep. How does that sound?"

"Perfect master. Thank you."

"Silly disciple, help me loot these bodies then burn them. Nico search the perimeters for any more intruders."

"Yes master."

"Yes father."

And like that day three concluded.

0