Chapter 35: Did I fall for it? Nah.
157 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The crew is setting up the scene. Saori is not part of the scene they are about to shoot. I ask her about what happened in the bathroom.

“Hub—you eavesdropped on me? Fix that habit even at home. You always listen in on me and Lucine in the bath—.”

I stop her right there. I don’t do that! You guys are just loud. I shush her mouth. There are other people around!

“I didn’t! You guys were loud even the director heard it,” I say.

“The director heard us? What did he say?” says Saori.

“Well, he seems to be fine with workplace romance. Isn’t it pretty bad though? Won’t it mess with your schedules and process?”

“Hub—let’s talk in somewhere more private.”

We ask for permission to leave the set for a slight break. We find a secluded place.

“Hubby, you do not understand just how bad the schedule already is.”

“I assumed you filmed a lot of scenes already.”

“Yes, we filmed a lot of my scenes. But they were scenes of me with extras or the with the male lead.”

“So you filmed a lot of them?”

“My scenes are doing fine. However… Do you know how many scenes Kara finished?”

“A lot?”

“Two! This is only the second scene she finished! Plus, the second male lead is also not that good. Compared to Kara though…”

Alright, so that’s worse than I expected.

“Don’t say that to them. You’re being pretty mean right now.”

“Of course, I do not! I can only vent my frustrations out with hubby and Lucine.”

Saori slumps into a chair and sighs. She rubs her temples to calm herself down.

“Director Otis must’ve changed then. Didn’t his other shows have bad acting sometimes?”

“It is partly my fault. He and the crew keep promising me they will make me famous. I help Kara a lot. The director can be a little harsh, so I feel bad for her.

“I did not expect that. Director Otis looks like a pretty kind director, to be honest.”

He’s someone who will forgive you if you have a beautiful face.

“Well, after the thirtieth mistake, he can be a little harsh,” says Saori.

I applaud director Otis’ patience. I would have snapped at five. Thirty mistakes and he’s only a little harsh? He should be a demon by now? What an angel.

“I discovered the perfect way to manipulate how Kara acts.”

Saori, you’re using some pretty dangerous words right there.

“If she cannot learn even after all the time I invested in teaching her, I will force the acting out of her.”

Saori, you sound just like a villain!

“Saori, are you sure about this?”

“Hubby, saw the scene from before, right? She finally looked like someone that deserved to be an actor!”

Saori has become the demon.

“I can definitely do this. Kara and the second male lead, too. I can use this to my advantage.”

Saori… You are becoming the real villain of this story. Not going to lie this she looks hot as hell like this. I’ll like whatever this demoness does. Am I insane?

“Anyway, you can plan your schemes later. I’m curious why you call your fellow actors Sho and Brook by their titles,” I say.

“Hubby, I do not want you to be jealous,” says Saori.

“I’m not that possessive, you know? You can call your friends and colleagues by name. Anyway, let’s go back.”

I walk first. Two arms embrace me. Saori’s soft body reaches my back. This is bad Saori! What are you planning? There are no bandages here! I can’t pull off the mannequin maneuver!

“Why are you bringing up guys again?” says Saori as her hug tightens.

“What are you saying?”

“Kara is pretty beautiful, right? I will change my plans. Do you want to seduce her? I will approve!”

What do you think of me? I’m not some guy who seduces girls left and right!

“I will not seduce girls and add more women into our relationship… or is it relationships?”

“Are girls not enough for you anymore? Hubby please, I really cannot…”

I thought we cleared this up already? Saori cries again. Her tears dampen my clothes. I hold her arms and separate them. I make her face me.

“Saori, we talked about this. I’m really not into guys, okay?”

“You mean it?”

“Yes. A hundred percent yes! Plus, I’m not adding more people into our relationship. I’m already the luckiest guy alive with you and Lucine.”

“I believe you… You can add more women, though.”

“No, I’m not going to. Let’s wipe your face. You’ve ruined your makeup.”

Good day staff members! I made my talent cry. Can you please fix her makeup? How do I say this to them?

I am so dead. I wipe her face with a towel. While trying to clean off the ruined makeup, Saori talks to me.

“It really is fine with me and Lucine, you know? If you find someone, just tell us. Like the time at the mixer.”

I regret that mixer. Please don’t remind me of a traumatic memory.

“I’m not adding more women, alright? What if I add men? So let’s just drop this alright?”

Saori’s tears that calmed down drops again. Why would I say that again? I’m so dumb.

“If I am stopping you hubby… I love you, I will accept who you a—.”

Saori couldn’t finish her sentence and just starts crying. I try to calm her down. She speaks again.

Image

[collapse]

“My grandmother talked about how hard it was… But I will accept it for you, hubby. Just please don—.”

Her grandfather was like that? Which one? Her body shakes from all the crying. Wait. Let’s not think about for now.

“Saori, I’m not adding men alright? I’m not even adding men into our agency! I’m really not into men, alright? Look, I love women so much I’ll even look for another one!”

Sorry to all the jobless talented male talents of the world! Why did I add that last part?

“You will look for one?”

“Well… If I meet one by chance.”

“Promise?”

“I Promise!”

Saori’s face blooms with a smile. Why is she happy about this?

“You should scout for idols. Trainees always want better conditions. I think you can find someone there.”

She talks business. Her tears disappear. Like it was an illusion.

Wait.

Did she manipulate me?

Nah.

It can’t be.

“The secret of finding mistakes is getting started. So start already!” — Snark Wayne

6