Chapter 49: No! My character is the best!
132 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Boss,

The filming is going well. The show is also quite popular and the viewers per episode are reaching 20 million! It’s still growing as well! Petals Stream is quite happy with the show.

Petals Stream has over 200 million subscribers, but they don’t have big hits often. Their romance shows are popular, but not universal. It’s not director Otis’ biggest work, but it’s his biggest with new actors!

I have to remind myself sometimes that this director is famous and successful. Sorry for the tangent.

I believe they will nominate our talent Saori Akers for some awards if the popularity keeps up. I’ll keep on updating you about this.

Thanks.

——————

Personal

Brother! Are you angry? Why did you ignore my call?

Anyway. Sis Saori is being weird. She has been messing with her fellow actors’ love lives! I don’t know what to do.

She manipulating them. Is that too strong of a word? Anyway. It’s getting serious! The two male actors faced off. They almost fought, but Kara, the lead actress, stopped them!

I thought after that, sis will stop… She didn’t! I think they won’t be fighting anymore, at least.

The scary thing is while the event happened, sis showed a big sadistic smile on her face!

What should I do, brother?

End of Message.

Lucine sends me these update reports.

I message her back.

‘I forgot my phone. That’s why I missed you call. Also, send me a picture.’

Wait, I almost missed something important.

‘Take one of yours, too. Plus one with both of you.’

That’s done. I don’t think I missed anything. What about the manipulation?

What about it?

A voice interrupts my thoughts.

“This show is crazy good, man! What do you think will happen between Rino and empress Sabina? Wait! You know the story, don’t spoil!” says Dewey.

Oh yeah. I’m watching another episode with this guy. Well, we’ve watched all the episodes together so far.

I tell Dewey to settle down. The show starting.

The scene is showing a tied up and covered Rino in front of empress Sabina. Two servants hold her down. The empress speaks as she walks towards Rino.

“So you are the man my son fell in love with?”

Rino tries to speak, but a sack covered her face. Only muffled cries come out.

“Show me your face right now. I want to see—.”

The empress gets rid of the sack. That action reveals Rino’s face. Her eyes are wet with tears. Cloth covers her mouth, preventing her from speaking.

“Make her sleep.”

One servant hit the back of her neck. It doesn’t work, she’s still awake.

“That does not work. This is how you do it.”

The empress kicks Rino’s stomach. Rino’s eyes open wide. She gives one last shocked look at the empress before falling to the ground and fainting. The servants look at each other. They then bow in front of the empress.

“What is this? I was bracing myself to accept my son’s taste. But is he blind? How can he not realize it’s a woman? Did you two also realize, or is it just me? Be honest.”

“We realized immediately, your highness,” says the servants.

The empress paces around the room.

“Check to be sure. He may be one of those men who looks like women.”

The servants undress Rino down to her undergarments. I change my sitting posture. Someone on my side does the same.

“My darling emperor! Our son is blind!” the empress says towards the heavens. Tears fall from her eyes. A servant interrupts her after a long silence.

Image

[collapse]

“What about the tests and challenges prepared your highness?”

“Get rid of them. We don’t need those anymore.”

The empress claps her hands together. Her face looks inspired.

“This is better, right? I can teach her how to be an empress.”

“What should we do now, your highness?” says a servant.

“Dress her up and place her inside my study. My son should not hear what we discovered.”

“May I ask why, your highness?”

“I would like to tease my son a bit more.” The empress smiles. It’s a smile full of joy and a little malice.

Is this the smile Lucine talked about?

 


🌟 🎥🥛🎼🎾📚 🌟


 

Rino wakes up. She sees the empress is in front of her. She bows.

“Your highness!”

“Settle down. Tell me the truth now.”

Rino looks at herself. She’s wearing clothes for a woman. She stands up and speaks.

“I had to do it live, your highness.”

Rino tells her story. Her real name is Rina. An orphan who learned to live on her own. Blessed with a strong body that she put to use.

“I know nothing else, your highness,” says Rina

“You think you are worthy of the throne of the empress?” says the empress.

“I’m not planning to be an empress, your highness.”

“But you love my son, the future emperor. The emperor only has the empress. Do you not love my son?”

“How did you know? I… we don’t belong together.”

“Just answer me now. Do you want to be together with my son?”

“I do!”

“Show her your determination, girl!” says Dewey.

It shows a scene of the empress instructing Rina. Rina cries from the pressure but continues on. The empress guides her with all her might.

“This empress is too strict!” says Dewey.

“She’s just guiding the female lead properly.” I say.

We see Rina juggle her double life. We see the empress trying to do her best to teach her. But her student doesn’t even have the basics. She spends sleepless nights trying to help Rina. She’s the best character in this show, hands down.

The last scene is of Ryouta visiting the empress. He’s determined as he speaks to her. 

“Mother. I tried. I can’t deny it any longer. This is love.”

We see a playful smile appear on the empress face. The episode ends.

“This show is so amazing! Rina is really the best character in this show,” says Dewey.

“Are you stupid? The empress is the highlight of this entire show,” I say.

“How bout you shut up before I beat you up! Rina is the best character in this show!”

“Wrong! It’s obviously the empress Sabina. Oh? You’re approaching me?”

“Rina is the best!”

Dewey throws a chair at me.

“Empress Sabina is better, so that makes her the best!”

I grab the thrown chair and return it to Dewey. He gets hit by it.

“Rina!”

“Sabina!”

A fight of ideals. It’s a one-sided fight though. Dewey’s now on the ground. I’m standing on his back.

“Say it! Say empress Sabina is the best character.”

“Over my dead body!”

I have to give him respect.

Until the end, he did not budge.

I won the fight, though.

So I’m right.

I can't fucking take it anymore. MISTAKES has single-handedly ruined my life.

The other day my teacher was teaching us Greek Mythology, and he mentioned the monster Typhon and I immediately said "Typhon? more like Typo!!!!" and I've never wanted to kms more. I can't look at a page without breaking down and fucking crying.

I can't look at a license without thinking, is that past, present or future TENSE?! I had my period the other day and all I could think about was if I put the periods in the right place!

I can't fucking take it anymore. Please fucking end my suffering.

4