Home visit 2
122 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pov Dr. Linzi

Finishing my conversation with Blake , I pack a supply of bandages from the cabinets in my office into my leather bag . Putting the scroll back in my pants pocket , I sigh and bend down to the locked storage room where I keep other medical supplies , to take from there the suture supplies , anesthetics and disinfectants . Although from what I heard the use of my sembelance will certainly be needed to save the damaged nerves in Blake's hand .

' I just hope the damaged nerves are the worst wound they have . '

I think as the possible medical complications of their injuries flow incessantly in my head . With the use of my sembelance I can prevent many of them , but if Lappland in her condition will have a hematoma in the brain , or worse a serious internal injury , which will arise from the rupture of the crystalline in her body , in this case only surgery can save her .

And knowing this stubborn girl she won't say something is wrong with her until she falls half dead in front of your feet . I have known this stubborn wolf since she was a child and I know how resistant to pain she can be . And I don't say that as a complement . Once when I was still living on the menagerie , Lappland somehow during play she pierced her foot with three nails and did not tell anyone about it .

She pulled them out herself tied her foot with a cloth and continued to play . Had it not been for Blake who reported it to her mother , who called me . Lappland would have been in danger of losing that foot or infection . In addition to this situation , I remember countless others , from losing a tooth , to a broken arm .

Lappland , despite all her quirks and intelligence , was always the type of child who loved her sense of freedom . When no one was watching her and Blake was not with her , she would run all day around the island without regard for danger . She would only come back in the evenings all dirty and battered by her activities , and whoever had to patch and examine her after those activities was me.

However I couldn't be angry with her because I knew that these all-day outdoor games , pushing for freedom and autonomy had a lot of psychological basis in Lappland behavior . Locking this girl in a house in a particular area under constant control was a mental anguish for Lappland . This girl literally suffers in confinement . 

When in my head these few memories of the past that I have of Lappland , I can not help but think of the diagnosis I gave her today . Memories of how that light in her eyes dimmed , despite the lack of disappearance of peace and smile from her face . Lappland is perhaps another patient of many others . I am not a member of her family , I am just a doctor who has had the opportunity to treat her for the longest time , so I have known this girl for years . Lappland is also one of my first patients , certainly the first that I treated so chronically . Of all the patients I have had, she is the only one I know from nail to tip of her hair . It can be said that I know her body better than anyone else . 

' It's silly but I guess it's normal that after years of caring for someone and watching them grow up, you eventually get attached . Even if I haven't had any contact with her for the past few years, and she recently seemed to have lost the rest of her mind. But what to expect from a chronically mentally ill girl , expecting acceptance from her potential " love " . I really may be a doctor who should not get attached to patients , but I am also not a machine without heart and emotions .'

Thinking about it I look at the new paper file for the mysterious ailment from which Lappland suffers , left on my desk . Although there is not much information , theses or plans for further steps or research , but looking at the amount of time I have had it is quite obvious . However, I now know with certainty that , at least to date , never in the world has such a case been found . This makes me have to unravel everything from scratch on my own . However , from the amount of data I have I have no idea if it is some new virus , fungus , genetic disorder , biological or mechanical weapon , poison , venom ........... 

It doesn't even matter anymore what it is , the mere fact that it is related to crystal and dust made me  deleted everything related to this case from all computers involved in this case . Fortunately as the owner of the clinic I have that power . Unfortunately I don't have that power in controlling my people ....... I trust them because I have worked with them for a long time .......... But .........

'I have to control who knows about this case . I don't want to have a bunch of idiots , turning what is left of civilization into crystal monuments . Knowing some of the people at Atlas .......... They certainly don't care about ethics or the danger of such things . What they would care about instead is the ability to " produce " crystals and dust . '

Thinking about it I look at the new , more detailed blood report Lappland , which I immediately tucked into the locked , armored drawer of my desk . Looking at the window of my office , I see how the rain has created an impenetrable curtain of water . This means that getting to Blake and Lappland will be a real headache . Unless it turns out to be completely impossible .

With this dawning , I finally close my medicine bag after which I pull off and throw my doctor's coat on the chair . I then leave my office and lock it behind me . After less than two steps I meet in the corridor with one of my senior secretaries , who is carrying some documents in her hands .

Secretary : " Doctor these are new files and requests for appointments . I also received confirmation of the order for new antiseptics and mats ............ And one more thing Mrs. Blakham asks if these new heart drugs are sure not hallucinogenic . "

Saying this the secretary is about to hand me the documents , but in time she notices that I was just about to leave . Actually I should have left two hours ago . But since Lappland's visit I have been fully focused on her case , because of this I am sitting in my office for unpaid overtime . I haven't even finished what I should have done after her visit , leaving myself with unfinished work for tomorrow . And looking at these new files ...........

' The backlog of work will not end . However , I will have to find time to investigate the Lappland situation . '

I think knowing very well that most if not all of my free time in and out of work will now be spent investigating the Lappland case . And I am not doing this for the fame . As I mentioned I don't want anyone to know about this case . I am doing this for Lappland and others who may be affected by this condition ......... I do not know what affliction Lappland caught , perhaps only she in the known world of ours will be sick on it , but I do not know that . I also can't be sure that somewhere in the world there won't be other people sick with it or worse Lappland's disease is actually contagious .

' To be sure I will have to take Blake's blood just in case . After all, from my knowledge she is the one who has the most contact with Lappland .'

Thinking about it , I make a mental note to take needles and blood and urine containers to collect samples from Lappland and Blake . Passing the secretary leaving her with the information to put these documents on my desk and to tell Mrs. Blakham that she should stop eating cookies baked by her grandson .

Secretary : " Doctor , if you are going to the parking lot please take my umbrella from the reception . I know that you are in the habit of leaving your umbrella in the car , and with your body you can not risk getting wet Doctor . I have a night duty tonight so I do not need it and you may get wet on the way to the car ".

Says the secretary to which I could only turn my head to her and nod with gratitude, after all, employees do not always take such care of their boss. Well it is also true that by the time I get to the parking lot where my car is parked, in which admittedly I have an umbrella, I would get as wet as a rat. Walking to the exit I stop at the storage room from which I take the rest of the things I need and then I go to the exit, where I enter the reception desk from which I take a single umbrella.

-

-

-

-

-

The drive to my destination, the Vale Hotel, took surprisingly less time than it should have. Despite the fact that I could barely see the road. However, it was late enough at night that the traffic was not too bad. The weather and the side roads through which I was driving also greatly reduced the number of vehicles . I can even say that most of the way I drove on empty streets.

' However, a little more and we will have a small flood in Vale . '

Thinking about it , I listen for another siren . A flood means people needing help , and that means overflowing hospitals and then clinics like mine .

' It's as if the world itself is dropping work on me ' .

Thinking about it , I remember the call about the bad condition of Lappland , which I received from Blake,  while driving  . Vomiting is an overt symptom of a concussion , but it generally occurs a few days after the injury . Hence I believe that it must be related to fatigue , abdominal trauma or may have an emotional basis . In addition, Blake reported a detachment from reality and probable hallucinations, which is not uncommon in Lappland, but I can not say whether this is related to the injury .

Of course I explained it to Blake , who seemed to panic at that moment . Sighing once again , I stop at the parking space in front of the hotel . Then I get out taking with me my umbrella and my bag , which has become heavy enough to cause problems for my anorexic body . Which has already given me alarming signals , like sneezing and shortness of breath .

However I am a doctor and I know that with conditions like mine not much can be done . Entering the lobby I headed under the watchful eyes of the receptionist to the elevator . I did not talk to her because I already knew in what room and on what floor Blake and Lappland resides . The receptionist also did not ask me anything , but her gaze on me was quite unpleasant .

Only before the elevator doors closed completely , I noticed the clearly tired look that the woman cast at the muddy footprints that left my shoes and then I already knew what I had done wrong . I should wipe my shoes from the mud , which I did not do . I also did not shake off the umbrella from the water creating quite a big mess . Unfortunately I did not have time to apologize when the elevator took me to my floor . Exiting the elevator I headed to Blake's room , in front of which I stopped and then knocked three times .

Linzi : " Miss Blake it's me Doctor Linzi " .

I speak quite loudly with the intention of being heard . Which apparently succeeded when the door opened in front of me . 

Blake : " Please come in " .

Blake said, stepping back from the door to let me in. As I walked past her , I caught something in her voice that I hadn't heard on the phone . 

' It's not just fear and panic . Sadness , grief and shakiness , although well hidden . The irritated throat and the way she intoned ....... She was crying quite hard .'

I think going inside where I am greeted by the sight of the floor on which I immediately recognized traces of blood . Then I return my gaze to Blake who sat on the couch and embracing her cloth-wrapped hand .

The cloth itself is visibly soaked with blood , but looking at its dark red color I know that it is already dried . Wasting no time, I went over to Blake sitting on the bed and squatted on one knee in front of her to see what a mess she was in.

The first thing I noticed up close was the obvious crying marks on her eyes and nose. In addition, her hair was a mess, as were her clothes. What strengthened my conviction, however, were the marks on her neck and face suggesting strangulation and blows . What confirmed the fight , however, was the wound I saw after unrolling the cloth from Blake's hand .

' This is a bite ........... A bite that I will always recognize because of the most common reason for treating Mr. Ghira ........... This is the teeth of Lappland '

I think looking up at the face of Blake , who did not know what to say . Not knowing Lappland myself , I would have thought that Blake was a victim of sexual assault . But remembering the concern for Lappland that Blake expressed , and knowing Lappland herself I know that this is not the case . Besides , after what Lappland learned today I already felt that something like this could happen .

Linzi : " You are lucky that you don't have any cuts on your face . However, you will definitely have a few bruises. As for the hand I will need a moment to prepare . Now what about Lappland ?"

I say standing up and putting my leather bag on the bed .

Blake : " I keep checking its condition . A while ago I was with her , now she is washing in the tub . "

Says Blake , when concentrating I can actually hear some splashing of water coming from the open door in this room . This noise gave me confidence that Lappland at least is not dying which gives me a moment to take care of Blake's nasty wound . It may not be bleeding , but the tissues are dying quickly making my sembelance no longer as effective as it should be . Besides, infections from bites are no joke .

' What a night '

7