Chapter 1:Bad day, and death
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Jason Wing. I know, I know my last name is really stupid, blame my parents. I'm not short, but not tall either...just slightly taller than average. physically I'm in decent shape, but that's due to my metabolism keeping my body fat content low. Ah I got sidetracked, this is a story of how my normal day occurred and ended with me finally getting the possibility for a nice life.

Present Time

“What the fuck do you mean my card was closed?!" I was talking to a person from my bank, and find that they had closed my debit card. After hanging up, I went to the fridge to get some food...the fridge was bone dry, nothing edible in sight. I sigh and look at my wallet. "ID, blood card, useless debit card, aaannd no cash. I fucking hate life." Before I could start ranting to myself, I hear a knock on my door. "Oh that must be the poster I ordered." I had ordered a metal poster, it was nearly $60 but it'd be worth it. I excitedly open the door and look down to see the poster...it's covered in 'fragile do not bend' stickers, and looks like it's fucking smiling at me. I take it inside to check the damage...it looked like a couch was dropped on it. I stare at the ceiling in defeat. "God, why do you hate me? Me being screwed over has been a daily occurrence since I was like six...I hate it here."

After reporting the posters damage to the company I bought it from, I look at the clock. "Only 10am and my day has already gone to shit. Might as well go to the library, maybe if I get engrossed in reading I will be able to ignore the hunger. I walk to the library and start reading a light novel series I like. The library was nice and warm and I was relaxed from reading, so I ended up falling asleep. I was woken up by the sounds of screaming. I open my eyes and see dense black smoke. The fires were putting off a ton of heat. I start running to the exit, but don't make it even half way before my bad luck strikes again. A steel beam falls at the perfect angle to pierce my torso, in just the right spot to not kill me instantly. Because of my pain tolerance, I end up being conscious the entire time. Whether it took hours or minutes, I don't know. All I know was that it felt like an eternity as I felt the sensation of my skin boiling. Finally, my vision starts to fade. "Maybe I won't suffer like this next time."

My eyes open and I see that I am in a white space. The reason I say space is that with a room you should be able to see the depth, but this place seems to go on forever and nowhere at once...it's a weird feeling. I see a table with an old man that motions for me to sit across from him. I sit down and he passes a cup of tea over. "Thank you, so where am I going? I can't imagine someone like me going to heaven." The old man chuckles. "Don't worry my boy, I've been watching you for a while. I couldn't help you while you were alive, but now I plan to give you a second chance where you can live happily. Just tell me where you want to go and what you want to have." My ears perk up at this. "So you're saying that I can be reincarnated in any world I want, and if I want one I can get a custom system?" The old man strokes his beard and laughs. "Yes, if that is what you desire. Even if you want enough power to obliterate a mountain, or rule that world." I sketch out a basic design for the system and give it to him. He strokes his beard as he examines the design. “So you want a system where you have to work for your power?” I nod my head and start explaining. “Yeah, though I want the system to be customizable. Like if I get enough points, I can buy more systems to integrate into it. Also an ability to enhance it using items, for example if I supply it with forging equipment it will be able to create equipment, but it will be limited based on the quality of the forging equipment. The only special thing I want is a space I can go into, it’ll get better by adding specific items to it, or using points to buy upgrades. It will start with a small size. A 20x20x20 space should be a good start. Oh, also I want some basic resistance to fire...I don’t want to be baked again.” He nods his head. “Okay, we can do that. Now just choose where you want to go first. I’ll have world travel as a basic part of your system.” I think for a while, (Maybe danmachi? No that world is actually kinda brutal and unpredictable, I'd die too fast. The best answer would be one where I can rely on the 'main character' for a while.) “I’ll go with the world of In another world with my smartphone."

He raises his eyebrow with a confused look. “Okay, but can I ask why you chose that one to start in?” I point out my reasoning, “It’ll be easier to start in, the monsters aren’t too bad. Plus I can probably mooch off of Touya while I power level.” He nods sagely. “Ah you’re the work smarter not harder type.” I chuckle, “Nah, I’m just lazy.” I remember one last point, “Oh, but I wanna go after he gets his own kingdom set up, but before the whole Theocracy stuff, and I wanna start in Belfast.” He nods and writes everything down in a book. “Alright, I’ll add their language to you so you don’t have to learn to write it I’ll also let the god of that world know of the situation, cause I’m gonna have to send you to him. Territories, authorities, and all that junk. Are you ready?” I nod while practically bouncing on my heels. “Yeppers.” He chuckles and places the book down onto the table.  “Alright, have fun with your new life. Don’t feel bound by rules, if you want to do something...just do it.” I smile and nod. “Thank you I will.” Before I can disappear, he adds a final point. "You're existence will make a butterfly effect, so unexpected things might happen. Please keep that in mind." I nod as an ornate kaleidoscopic magic circle appears below me. "Hopefully one of the effects will be the hot scientist being alive."  With a flash I disappear, to start my new life. The god just stares at where I was with his mouth agape. Finally he does a double thumbs up. "You have good taste my man."

0