Chapter 1: First mission in another world
65 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although the dim sunlight barely entered through the small windows of the room where the man and the husky transported to this world rested.

An annoying sound began to sound inside Sora's head.

hmmm , hmmm , hmmm .

With messy hair and disheveled clothes, the young man woke up and sat down next to where his familiar husky was.

[I guess it's time to go, according to the biological clock it is morning already]

The biological clock is a magic that worked as an internal clock that allowed knowing the time, however, not the day or the year, similar to how a mechanical clock would do it, but sending the information directly to the mind.

"Kira..." "Kira... Get up "

"5 more minutes..."

"Kira... We have to go out and I also have something to talk to you about"

[Normally, when God connects me to Kira's family contract and casts the spell directly into my mind in dreams, he makes it present as a mental defense against attack, but since it was a preloaded recording in my mind, maybe that's all. . the reason why she wasn't there when I saw the message left by "God".]

"Kira get up or there will be no breakfast..."

" Mmmm ..." You really are a devil aren't you master...?"

After this the Siberian husky got up, stretching his limbs, followed by a similar routine of his master, fixing his clothes and getting ready to first go to breakfast and then to the adventurers guild to get some money.

On the way to the same place where they had eaten the day before, Sora talked about the recording left by God, Kira's face was priceless, her paws placed next to her cheeks and her surprised face caused a small laugh on her face Sora... This was followed by a worried expression from the Husky ended up wanting to yell at his master saying he was a fool, but the fact that it was a strange intervention that affected the space-time spell made him unable to blame his teacher about the accident that had happened.

In the place where they were eating something apart from the main tables, enjoying their food, the husky spoke

"So that's what happened master..."

"Yes, Kira, with what I know, from what "God" told us and from what I have seen, the space-time spell is probably not activated because it is not designed to travel through different worlds, but only to travel to Through time, this "energy" thing that intervened in the spell must have affected and given my space-time spell the ability to travel to other worlds for a moment and that is why we are in this place"

"Then master... we will be here for a long time, won't we?"

"I'm afraid it will be towards my little doggo "

"What do you have planned at this moment master...?"

"First of all now that we know that we are in a different world we must investigate and learn more about the rules and what is in this place, at least for the moment we know that there are differences between the guild of this world and that of our world, just like you..."

"How with me master?"

Placing his hands under his chin Sora proceeded to explain

"I mean relatives, maybe there are but not in the same way as in our world, being that the ability of relatives to communicate with human language, does not seem to be the law or something common in this place, in addition to this we must investigate whether there is even magic in the same way as our world in this place I have not seen any magician and in the guild there did not seem to be anything related to magic, it will be necessary to know what the culture of this place is like, to begin with We don't have much money either, so the best thing to focus on would be to rank up in the guild, do various quests to have enough money."

"Avoid being so careless Kira, things may be a bit different in this place until we adapt we must walk with concern"

"I understand master..."

After finishing talking about the situation they were in, Sora and Kira proceeded to go to the guild to take their first mission, the system to choose the mission was quite similar, everything revolves around the rank you have, if you complete enough missions with Efficiency and meeting a guild test allowed you to advance to a higher rank.

Before entering the guild Sora took out a magician's staff from its storage space, although the appearance made it look somewhat simple, being made of wood it still seemed of great quality.

a somewhat long cane , being something like 150 centimeters, it was partially made of high quality wood, at the bottom of the staff it had a metal base for support, and at the top it closed in a spiral shape. .

["Master hasn't used that cane for quite some time"]

["If you have time..."]

["Although, master why don't you use your other canes"]

["I don't think I need those canes , besides this one I feel not only looks better in appearance, but also in capacity for the moment we are in"]

At the time of entering the guild, unlike the previous time, there were not many adventurers, now there were a considerable number of adventurers inside and being inside for a while, they managed to hear the conversation between a group of adventurers the talk sounded similar to how it was a group of adventurers in their world and how they did their missions.

-Using the telepathic call Kira spoke to the teacher

["Then sir what mission will you take"]

["We want to rank up as soon as possible so we can have enough money" "Despite the difference between our world and these various enemies are called similar, it's probably the same difficulty, actually facing enemies is not a problem for we're not doing "4-legged menace"!]

"4-legged menace" a nickname they used long ago when Kira and Sora did missions in their world, it was not a great nickname in itself but the feats that supported such a nickname were to be respected by adventurers and other "familiars like Kira " of his world.

["Hehehe... If it's to master, no challenge is a match for "4-legged menace"!!!]

["Well, joking aside, I'll take a mission that will be..., I'll take this one"]

["But that isn't master copper rank is it?"]

Sora had taken a low level iron rank quest

In Sora's world an adventurer of a lower rank could take a quest of a higher rank as long as it was classified as one of the lower ranks in the rank, this applied except in Rank A and S.

Finished making his decision Sora went to the receptionist of the guild to take the quest

They finished looking at the bulletin board, the copper rank enemies were too simple because of their name sora got an idea of how they would be, if we would spend it in terms of Sora's world, even though he was an initiated adventurer despite being a mage didn't even need a weapon, just his staff and some strength was enough to fight those kinds of enemies.

"Excuse me miss I would like to take this mission"

The receptionist heard the polite manner in which Sora asked for the quest and proceeded to look at the scroll that indicated the quest.

"Sorry this mission can only be done from the Iron rank, you are copper"

"So, even if it's the Iron Quest categorized as lower in rank, I can't take it?"

[I expected to be able to do missions a little above my category, but this does not seem to be the case] Sora thought

Sorry no, you can only take quests within your range.

"Even though it's a bit more complicated than the copper quests, I'm sure I can do it"

The receptionist heard Sora's words that at first could be considered that he was evading the receptionist's words, but the tone and the way he said his words only made it seem that he was really sure that he could accomplish this mission.

"I'm afraid I can't, the rules dictate that it can only be done from iron rank"

Unlike how Ainz would have done when he was the adventurer " Momon " Sora didn't want to impose himself so he accepted the receptionist's words.

"Okay, my apologies" "So, could you tell me which mission would be the most difficult in copper rank?"

Due to the security of her words, the receptionist had no problem delivering the most difficult of that range, which, although it seemed simple, many accidents and even deaths had happened to those newly initiated adventurers, in addition to the fact that Sora did not carry any piece The armor, albeit light, made her hesitate, but she still agreed and got up to give Sora the quest.

"You seem pretty excited about wanting to do missions above your rank, how about joining us on a mission to see what it's like at ranks higher than yours?"

A group of 4 people made up of two men and two women were behind Sora, none seemed to be very old, turning around in their 20s, but a certain air of maturity could be perceived in them, in the neck of the adventurers they hung silver plates.

The one who spoke to Sora was the leader of the team. He had light brown hair, wore chainmail armor, with some light armor pieces along the body, so he seemed to be a warrior.

"Don't worry, you're not in danger with us"-Said the man with light brown hair, looking for Sora to accept.

Sora nodded in acceptance, This gave him a chance to see other adventurers and to start getting to know a group of people.

"What is the mission about?" Sora replied.

The man asked the receptionist if they would allow him to use a meeting room to talk about the mission, to which the receptionist assigned them a room to talk.

"Come with us" the man answered.

He didn't know if it was Sora's way of speaking, his looks, or just intuition, but he felt that Sora could be a good member for his team and it seemed that an initiated adventurer could integrate into a team better than someone who already had his form to work.

In a room on the 2nd floor of the guild Sora, Kira and the other 4 people entered.

The room as its name said was a conference room, there was a large rectangular wooden table and enough seats for up to 12 people to sit.

"Mmm I find it curious that you bring a pet with you, "does he help you fight monsters?" said the one who seemed to be the leader of the team.

"Yes, although he is quite intelligent and helps me sometimes on some occasions"-sora replied

-In Sora's mind was heard ["Like sometimes I help you master, I always help you without mentioning that I'm an indispensable part of the team, you couldn't live without me"]

- ["Yes, I know Kira, it's to keep up appearances"]

"I have heard of adventurers, who are sometimes accompanied by trained animals, it seems curious to me," said a girl with blue hair.

"Before we go into details, we should introduce ourselves"

The man who looked like a warrior and who had addressed Sora spoke.

He had light brown hair and blue eyes, quite normal in the Kingdom, and had a face with balanced features that were neither soft nor harsh.

"Hello, nice to meet you, I am the leader of this "blue hope" team, my name is Alan"

"He is Braun he is our vanguard"

A man with blonde hair and blue eyes, unlike Alan wearing only a chain mail with leather armor, with a slightly more robust body than Alan, he nodded.

"She is our Nubian Ranger"

A woman with Light Brown hair the same as Alan, she wore a light leather armor with some metallic accessories, covered with her clothing on top she did not seem to carry the bow that characterized a Ranger.

"Hello" replied the girl energetically

"And finally our attack mage Alayas"

A woman with blue hair, who unlike the others, only wore leather armor covered by her green cape.

"Hello I am Alayas" He said quite firmly

During the entire presentation of the team they had been watching Sora since his appearance was very peculiar, which was not at all similar to the features that were usually seen in the city, not to mention his pure black hair, his clothing made him stand out for his colors and his cane looked expensive, but at the same time simple.

Once everyone had introduced themselves, Alan looked at what appeared to be a wizard, with his wooden cane and burgundy red cape.

"Excuse me, nice to meet you, my name is Sora and the Husky wolf next to me is K... "

Just before Sora finished introducing himself, Kira spoke on her own.

"My name is Kira!!"

In Sora's head only one thought passed, [What the hell did you do "hairball"], after analyzing what happened and seeing the expression of his teacher who looked at him with a face that was about to cast a spell on him, to shut her up he He realized the serious mistake he had made, he was trying to cover a facade, but in just the first opportunity Kira had ruined it, in a desperate attempt to make amends for his mistake, the Husky said.

"I mean... GHOFF GHOOFF!!"

With a surprised face, the whole team had observed Kira and began to comment on what had just happened.

"So she can talk..." Alan said.

"I had heard about some creatures that could speak in human language, but I never heard of a dog that spoke..." Nubia said

"Wow, that's amazing," Braun answered quickly.

"Hoooo..." Alayas said

"Hehehe... It's a long story" Sora answered.

"Sorry master" Kira said

Still with a certain face of skepticism, Alan began to say.

"Well then, that explains why you walk with your pet..."

Kira interrupting Alan told him...

"Family or partner correction..."

For a moment there was silence, but then Alan finished his sentence.

"So, that's why you hang out with your familiar..."

"If it's useful enough, when it's not ignoring me"

"Don't treat me as if I were a Master object" the Husky after saying this finished with her cheeks inflated, she made something similar to a pout.

Once everything had returned to the main topic of conversation Alan began to explain the job to Sora and why he had called him.

"So Sora..." "We are looking for new members for our team and I see that you are a magician, and I think that how you are starting it would be easier for you, with some time, to adapt to our way of working, so what do you say?" good to be in the team for a while to see how you develop and what you think about working with us, take this as your first test to be part of the team "

"I think it's a fabulous idea" replied Sora

"Yes, I think it's a very good idea master" Kira reaffirmed

Since this was an unknown place for both of them, being able to interact with these adventurers will allow them to know some differences between their world and this one and make them able to adapt to this place, is what Sora thought, so the idea of being able to integrate into a team was an opportunity that could not be missed.

"Well then to the point, the mission is simple is to subjugate a group of enemies" - Alan said and proceeded to explain more details

"Among which there are ogres, orcs and goblins, the mission as such is not complicated, it is a large group of enemies, only a certain number of people are needed to carry it out, with the number of people in our team it is more than enough" Alan turned to see Sora.

"And so we reduce the level of danger in that area for people," added Braun.

"How much would the pay be?" Sora asked.

"The reward will depend on the number of enemies that we eliminate, so we don't know how much it will be at the moment, in the mission if you become in danger we will help you integrate into the way of working"

[I see, then it will depend on the number of enemies we can eliminate, it seems to me an interesting mission]

"What do you think, Sora? Will you come with us?" Alan said

"That seems fine to me"

"Yes ghof ghof " stated Kira

-Alayas looked at Sora and asked, about his ability to cast spells

"Just one question Sora, what kind of spells can you use?"

Sora about to reply, was interrupted by Braun.

-looking at Alayas Braun said "I think it would be better to let the boy see how he behaves in battle"

-Alan also spoke "Braun is right, Alayas the best way to see how he performs will be in practice"

-"I guess it's okay..." Alayas answered.

Because the mission itself was not difficult and the new test member of the " blue hope" group, it was not essential to know his abilities, so they preferred to simply see his performance in the mission and know directly what he can do.

"So Sora, we'll leave first thing in the morning tomorrow, so you can get ready"

"Understood, Alan"-sora replied

"Master, we can go eat now Ghoff "

"Kira, but we just ate we were also going to do missions"

A small laugh came from each of the team members.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

The group after having finished agreeing on the departure for tomorrow proceeded to leave the meeting room, Sora said goodbye to "blue hope" then returned to the reception to which the receptionist saw Sora asking him if he would take the mission that He was going to choose first, to which Sora agreed, also getting a map of the area that allowed him to know where he had to go to carry out the mission, after having seen the mission that consisted of hunting several goblins, Sora with Kira left to the place.

"Goblins will be something very simple master..."

"Yes, it is true, although I would like to corroborate some things"

After arriving at the place, there were a total of 10 Goblins , after Sora analyzed them, he had seen a certain difference between the Goblins that he knew but anatomically they seemed to be very similar after this, they were quickly eliminated 5 by Kira using his claws to destroy them and 5 by Sora just using his cane and hitting each of them with an impact, damaging them internally, once all the enemies were eliminated, they collected their ears as proof of having fulfilled the mission.

After returning to the guild and determining how accomplished the mission they took other missions towards, ending the day with a small sum of money.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

The next day at the guild first thing in the morning to wait for their meeting with the group they had talked to at the guild

"You're sure they didn't leave you out of this Master"

"Be patient Kira maybe we're a little early"

After waiting about 10 minutes, they finally saw the "Blue Hope" group again, unlike their previous meeting, this time they carried their weapons.

Alan had two swords at his sides and a small dagger in his chest.

Braun carried a narrow two-handed sword and now wore almost full metal armor that made him stand out thanks to his robust body.

Nubia had a bow on her back as well as a sack with arrows and two short swords and a dagger at her side.

Alayas was wearing a leather armor that covered more of her body than in their meeting yesterday, in addition to her Green cape on her back and a small dagger on her side, she was carrying a magical staff completely made of metal, at the tip with a hole. where hung something like a small crystal.

This last thing caught Sora's attention, in his world a metal staff was useless for a magician since it blocked in a certain part the magical flow that was directed to the tip of the staff, Sora's staff brought only a small piece of metal that was It is located on the bottommost part of the staff, meaning that it will not block the flow of mana and the piece on the top of his staff will not obstruct this flow either.

"Hello good morning, Alan, Braun, Nubia and Alayas" said Sora

" Ghoff ... good morning" said the husky

The group proceeded to greet the mage and his familiar and with this they prepared to leave for the mission site.

1