Chapter 5. Cecily and Maria
1.8k 1 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘How the hell he was able to persuade both of those houses for engagement?’

As you know from my thoughts, I am shocked because of the current situation. I am sitting in front of two girls – Cecily Von Claude and Maria Von Messina.

And we are out in the capital for date, because it has been decided that I will be engaged with these two girls.

I have to give thumbs up to my dad. He was able to persuade both of their families for this engagement. I really can’t wrap my head around it. No wonder, he wasn’t that worried about it.

‘These two are really nervous.’

I looked both of them, occasionally glancing at me and averting as soon our eyes meet. And for some reason, Maria seems to be acting like that too.

And that’s when I remembered that it was Maria’s dream to get married to a handsome prince, just like any other girl. Unfortunately, I wasn’t a prince but it seems I have fulfilled the handsome category.

‘My new magic seems to have done wonders.’

[Water Magic – Moisture Control]

And from the name, you should know the wonders I am talking about. My face is full clean without any spot, and it will be spotless in future too.

‘I did right by focusing in water element.’

Knowing my magic talent to be quite low, I decided to focus in one element out of becoming an all arounder like protagonist. Better to become a master of one rather than none.

And for choosing water element? It’s because of its versatility. For me, a person which less magic power needs more options. And water is the best element for it.

‘Magic is alright but what should I do of this awkward atmosphere?’

Cecily is naturally passive, but Maria’s character isn’t like that. I thought of relying on her to smooth the relationship between us, but she is also acting like a girl in love.

‘Do I have to take initiative?’

My father has already done wonders by persuading both families for engagement. That’s why Kurt, you can’t afford to waste this chance!

“Well, I should introduce myself once again. I am Kurt Von Ritzburg. Nice to meet both of you.”

It was quite laughable for me to pretend like an adult as a child. Even in my previous life, despite being one I never did act like an adult.

“I am Cecily Von Claude. Nice to meet you too, Kurt-sama.”

And soon after my initiative, Cecily gathered a bit of courage and introduced herself. There was a streak of redness on her cheeks, boosting my self-confidence in taking her down.

‘Kurt-sama…’

I was a bit surprised with her way of calling me, but soon it dissipated. Even if we are engaged, the relationship between us is yet to progress. And the noble hierarchy is present between us. And to be honest, I didn’t it at all.

“I am M-Maria Von Messina. Nice to meet you too, Kurt-sama!”

And after her followed Maria who introduced herself with enthusiasm covered with a tinge of nervousness.

“No need to be that nervous, Maria. After all, from now on we are engaged.”

“E-engaged?”

Just one word made her blush red and comically smoke was coming out of her head. Even I could see it and judge that her happiness meter has broken the limit.

“That’s right. Didn’t Countess Messina inform you?”

House of Messina. And it’s head is Maria’s mother – Countess Messina. Her house is a typical noble house. It’s like all of the relationships are based on profit or loss, and marriages are decided by alliances and statuses.

Previously, a girl from Messina ran away before her marriage with a lower status man, which increased the strictness of the house to this level. Better to say, Maria’s right to marriage isn’t in her hands but in the head of the house, her mother – Countess Messina. And maybe Maria’s rebellious tomboyish nature is a side effect of that.

“She is always strict in different matters yet she didn’t inform me of this. How could she didn’t inform me about my own engagement?”

And after my news, she couldn’t keep her good typical girl façade for longer and burst out in anger towards her mom. But it seems she has forgotten that two of us are with her.

“Maria…”

Cecily turned over and called Maria to make her aware of surroundings. Maria heard Cecily and found her looking at her with embarrassed gaze.

“What’s wrong, Cecily? I was just…”

And soon Maria realized she blurted out in anger with no manners in front of her first love. She turned her head towards me, creakily like a machine. And she started to give excuses about her outburst.

“Kurt-sama, it was just…”

“It’s alright. And to be honest, I kind of found it cute.”

“C-Cute?”

“That’s right. You are quite cute, Maria.”

Maria Von Messina. Even though she acts boyish, her heart is without a doubt of a girl. I know it better than anyone. And that’s why I praised on her beauty. Though I wasn’t lying about it.

This world people might not like it, but for modern person, boyish girl is the type of girls we want.

“Kurt-sama…”

And one girl down.

Finding Maria looking at me with such devoted eyes made me understood that I have completed half of my plan. But still my main objective was to make Cecily to fall in love with me.

“By the way, Cecily?”

“Y-Yes, Kurt-sama.”

My sudden call made her flinch a bit. But still she turned over to me with a bit of shy face, her iconic personality. But still for some reason, she seems to be a bit wary of me.

‘Damn! I didn’t even do anything. Why she is that cautious?’

It might be her instinct or better to say her protagonist power. She is naturally wary of me. What should I do?

69