Vol. 1 Chapter 1: Good morning / Hello, Mathias.
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Narrated in first person, past tense.)

TRX's Adventures, starring Mathias Donovan.

Year: 1975, November 28th.

- Good morning, Mathias, rise and shine, today is going to be a great day! - Mathias' mom.

.

..

...

- Can you do other things besides making figures? - asked one of the children around me.

  It was a warm afternoon, and I was surrounded by a small group of children. We were in an alley in the town where we lived. The town’s name was St. Torys. There was a medium-sized tree in the alley, and I was sitting under it. At that moment I was showing them figures made with my powers. - Yeah, look. - I answered with a smile, while I made a square with my PSI Creations, which I quickly turned into an airplane, similar to a paper airplane, and made it fly. It had a red color.

  I had no idea what those powers were, or why I had them. The thing is that I discovered them, back then, two years ago, when my uncle asked me to cut a string for I don't remember what. After I had done it with a pair of scissors, I gave it to him and he left. After a while, I made some scissors with my fingers and wanted to "cut" a piece of paper, and.... It got cut. Pink translucent scissors appeared in my hands and I cut it. I showed it to my uncle and.... He didn't take it so well. He got really scared, and he started saying that the devil gave me powers and stuff like that until my mom came, and she saw it too, and she said, like scolding him while hugging me:

- God granted you these powers to use them to do the right thing, and you're not going to make me believe otherwise. This child is going to achieve great things.

  The thing is that, after that, I discovered that I could create any shape I wanted, but I also discovered that, the more complicated that thing is, the more tired I am going to get (besides the fact that I have to know in detail the functioning of the thing I am going to create).

  Returning to the story above, while that plane was gliding, a little girl passed by on the sidewalk and saw it. The girl had long orange hair, white skin, blue eyes, and seemed to be taller than me. At the time she was dressed a bit strangely, at least to me: she was wearing a white blouse and an extravagant skirt, as it was way too long. That little girl approached me.

  All the children around me were surprised because of the airplane, although I was already used to them to be surprised, since that was the only reason they called me. Once the "show" was over, they all left and did not speak to me. In spite of that, I considered them my friends (even though they were not.). At then...

- Oh, so this is where you were. - said a middle-aged lady to one of the children. She had just come back from the little general store that was very close to where I was. - And what were you doing?

- Look mom, that boy can make colorful figures in the air.

- ...I see. - she replied, and added. - Well, let's go now.

  What happened at that moment was that the lady didn't see my powers. My mom once told me that I shouldn't show my powers to other people, but I didn't listen to her. The thing is, I found out that people my age were more likely to see that kind of thing, so I did everything I could to make my power only seen by children.

And well, after that, they both left.

- Yeah, let's go too. - said the boy who brought me. He was a little taller than me.

  The little group started to leave. At that, the tall boy said to me:

- Mat, next time try to do something better, because we are getting bored with the figures you make.

- Yes! - I answered him almost at once.

- Okay, bye. - he left after saying that.

  I sat there for a while, thinking about what to do next time. When I was about to go home, since it was time for lunch, I saw that the orange-haired girl was still looking at me.... Right now, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable because of that, but at the time I was just surprised.

- Hmm... What was that? - asked me the girl, who, for some reason, had a tender and melodious voice, although.... She seemed to be a bit sad.

- This? - I answered her, and used my PSI Creations to create a pencil, I don't know why.

- Yes, that... That's very weird.

- Really? Well, I don't know what it is either, but I like using it, even though it makes me a bit tired. Besides, it's very useful, since the things I create do the same thing as real things.

- Really? Then it's amazing!

- I know! And it helped me make friends. - I replied.

- That's good. - she replied, and sat down next to me. - So... What's your name? My name is Samantha.

- My name is Mathias, but they call me Mat even at home.

- Mat... Sounds nice. - she said, and smiled at me, changing her expression.

- Does it? I like it too, but... It feels weird not being called by your name, you know, Sam?

- Sam? ...You're right, it is a little weird. - she replied and laughed.

  After that small talk, we started talking about other things. Sam told me that she was my age, and that she already knew how to read, and that she read very long books... I was still struggling to read and told her so. I also discovered that, at the time, we liked similar things.

  She also told me that she was visiting her grandparents, along with her siblings, who lived in that town, and that it was the first time she had seen them in years. She was going to stay in the town for a week. She wouldn't tell me much more, and I didn't understand why. Then a cat appeared:

- Mat, look, a kitten.

- Oh, he's so cute. - I said. The cat, who had orange fur and blue eyes climbed into Sam's lap and lay down. - He seems to like you.

- Doesn't he? - and started petting him. The kitten began to purr. - Oh, look at that! How cute.

After a while, the cat got off Sam's lap and left.

- Bye, kitty! - we said in unison, and when we realized it, we laughed.

After that, we talked about other much more trivial things and, after a while, she said to me:

- Well Mat, I have to go now.

- Bye.

- It was a pleasure chatting with you. - She said to me, and she sounded a little weird for talking like that.

  And she left. I went home too, and I realized that I had talked to her for an hour, so I hurried home.... I was scolded, but... Fortunately I didn't get spanked.

  That same night, I thought about some things of minimal importance, until I remembered her and realized something: first of all, she looked saddened at first, but after talking to me her mood changed; and secondly, she was actually my first friend. My other friends... They weren't friends per se, and they only saw me as someone who entertained them momentarily and then abandoned me when they got bored. Sam, on the other hand, was not like that. She saw me as a person.... Or at least that's how I felt.

My little mind couldn't process any more things, but it did realize that. After thinking about it, I slept.

  The next morning, I set out to find her, as I enjoyed her company. We spent time together all day, and I showed her some places in town, as well as some places in the nearby forest that I used to go to alone. The one she liked the most was the river, well.... The banks of the river. There I also showed her that I could create PSI fishing rods, but.... I didn't know how to use them.

0