Vol. 1 Chapter 4: The Farewell (?)
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days passed since the previous chapter (actually it was 2 weeks). Mat was going to visit Sam and Andrew every day (mostly Andrew.) These three became closer as the days went by and....

- Hmm... You know?

- What?

Andrew commented to Mat, as they were walking through town together:

- Well... I think I'm going to stay with my grandparents.

- Oh, are you?

- Yes! - he said happily.

- Then... We'll be able to play together every day!

  They passed by the small park in the town where several children were gathered. Erin was there too. They were playing in the few games it had. They both greeted them, as they were her friends (Mathias "re-friended" with his old friends).

They kept walking after that, to Andrew's house. Already at the door, Andrew said to Mat:

- And so... My siblings didn't want to stay.

- Why? - Mathias asked almost at once.

- I-I don't know, ask them. - Andrew answered.

- Ok, I'm going...

- Wait, do it later. - Andrew added. - It's just that they're going home today and they're packing up their stuff.

- Oh, I understand.

- Well... I'll see you later. - Andrew said.

- Okay!

They said goodbye and Mat went home.

"So Samantha is leaving..." Was Mat's thought as he walked back to his house.

.

..

...

  It was already three o'clock in the afternoon, and Samantha's family, including her obviously, were already on their way back to the city. They were putting their luggage in her father's car. Mat went to say goodbye to Sam (he never spoke to Christopher). He was holding a heart-shaped necklace, made of wood.

That was the first time Mat had seen Samantha and Andrew's parents. Their mother had brown hair in a ponytail and a slender body. And her father...

- Hey, Andrew... - Mat said quietly. Samantha still didn't get out, Christopher was already inside the car, reading a little red book. - Y-Your dad is scary...

- Is he? - he looked at his father putting some things away. - I-I guess.

Their father was a slightly overweight man (although he was somewhat stocky), he had orange hair (although... it actually looked brown too.... Mmm... I can't tell the colors apart very well.), with some gray hair and he had a large beard. In spite of these characteristics, his presence was imposing.... This was due to his somewhat difficult to deal with personality.

- Samantha, get in the car! - a female voice shouted.

- I'm going, Mom! - Samantha replied, as she got out. She had just said goodbye to her grandparents. - Oh! You came!

Samantha had seen Mat standing next to her brother. She walked over and hugged him, and then said to him:

- Mat, you see... I'm going back to the city with my parents.

- Yeah, I know you are.

- You do? Andrew told you, didn't he?

- Yes, he did.

- Hey, Mat! - Mat was interrupted by Erin's arrival.

- Hi! - greeted Mat.

- H-Hey, who is she? - asked Andrew in his ear.

- Well...

- Did you forget about me too? - Erin shouted, furious.

"Did she hear me? Wait, me too?" thought Andrew, startled and turned to look at Mat, who smiled awkwardly at him. Sam was watching.

- So, Samantha... You're leaving, aren't you? - asked Erin. - Why are you leaving?

- Well... I don't really want to leave, but... Ah, it's nothing.

- Huh?

At that, her father, who was already inside the car (Chris and her mother were also there) said:

- Samantha, we're leaving!

- I'm coming! - she replied.

- Wait! - shouted Mat.

- Huh? For-?

- Here, take this. - Mat said and put a heart-shaped wooden necklace on Sam. Andrew and Erin were watching in amazement.

- Y-you made it for me? T-thank you.

- Yes. - said Mat smiling. - It took me a couple of days to make it. I did it without using my powers.

- Really? Thank you so much! I'll keep it safe. - she said smiling, Mat smiled too. - And well, I hope we'll see each other again next vacation.

- Us too. - Erin told her. - Although I never talked to you.

Really, she had only talked to Andrew, since she went out with him and Mat once, but... They didn’t really interact.

- Yes! I promise to come next vacation, bye!

- Bye! - said the three of them, in unison.

- Hey, Samantha, get in already... - said Christopher.

- I'm coming!

Samantha got into the car and, a few minutes later, they left.

.

..

...

Samantha never came back.

0