Vol. 2 Chapter 6: Life is not the way we want it to be.
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is something that happened a year ago, and it's a little uncomfortable. And so... The time has come to tell you a sad story (I said this with a serious voice.) ...Do I really sound weird like that? Sorry...

Erin and Mathias had been friends for a long time, they got along very well, but... Mat didn't treat her like a girl, so to speak. This is because of Erin's personality, who was kind of... She was really brusque and not so “feminine” in some cases.

(Drawing of Erin just in case.)

They used to compete for almost anything that had to do with anything physical (they did this since they were 7 and it became a habit for them to do it...). Mat would follow her lead because he didn't like to lose. Also, since Erin started practicing karate (which she left after two years), they started having fights (wait... she isn’t supposed to do that), in which Erin always won, for obvious reasons (Mat didn't use his PSI Creation... Although once he did use it, and he beat her, but she claimed that he was cheating, hit him pretty hard too and... He never did it again). Well... In general, Erin always won at everything and Mat kept competing with her, because he wanted to beat her at least once fairly...

The thing is that one day, last year, something strange happened with those two.

Classes were over and Mat was putting his things away in his locker. As he was doing so, he noticed that in his math book there was a note, which read as follows:

"I'll wait for you in the schoolyard, after school."

- ...Okay? - Mat said, and thought, "What would Erin want?"

Mat recognized who the note was from so easily, since no one else had handwriting as bad as she did, though... On that note she tried to do a different handwriting, but it didn't turn out well.

Mat had been with her and James (full name is James Miller) all day, Erin didn't say anything about it, so... She having told him to meet with her alone was a bit... Strange.

Mat went to the agreed place, where Erin was.

- Y-you showed up. - said Erin, a little nervous.

- Well, obviously, why wouldn't I come? - said Mat.

- But... Did you know it was me? - asked Erin.

- Emmm... Yes, your handwriting is easy to recognize, although you tried to make it different in the note, ha. - Mathias said as he smiled, and laughed a little at the end. He also told him. - And what did you want?

- Well... Mmm... How should I put it? - Erin said, hesitantly.

- Say it already. - Mat said, somewhat impatiently.

- Oi, don't be like that! Wait a little while, I want to get ready to say it.

- Ok... Wait, what do you want to tell? It's not like we're in an exposition for you to do that. - said Mat, in a mocking tone.

- Idiot... Well... Mmmm... Okay! - Erin finally shouted.

- ! - was surprised by the aggressiveness.

- I'll say it straight out: Mat! I like you! - shouted Erin.

- Uh... Huh? - he was surprised.

- So... - Erin said, and thought, "I don't know if Mat has those feelings for me, but... It doesn't matter anymore," She seemed depressed in her thoughts. - Would you like to date me?

Mat was shocked by what he had just heard. His best friend, whom he had known since they were kids, had just proposed to him? That was... Really weird for him.

"This turned out worse than I expected... I don't think..." Thought Erin, who was currently flushed and really nervous. Mat was standing thoughtfully... And he said, smiling:

- Sure, why would I say no?

- I knew that... Wait, what did you just say?

- I said yes... Damn, you really are dumb. - Mat said, laughing a little. - That way of saying it... Only you are capable of doing that.

- ...Forget about it. - Erin said, no longer nervous and a little angry. - But... you know?

- ?

- I-I'm really happy...

- Hearing that from you is really weird. – he said that laughing a bit.

- Shut up, you idiot! - Erin shouted, and punched him in the stomach. Mat fell to his knees in pain and covered that part. - ...Sorry.

- Ugh... Nah, it's okay. - Mat said as he got up. - So...

- So...

- What now?

- ...I don't know. - Erin said, nervous again. - I didn't think... I didn't think I'd get this far.

- Well, what do you say we take a walk together? Just you and me. Is that okay?

- Yes!

The two of them left together.

.

..

...

They broke up that same day as, while they were walking together, Erin challenged him to a race to the river. For some reason, Mat beat her for the first time (he was really happy) and she started a fight over it, saying that he took advantage of them being a couple so he could beat her easily... Unbelievable.

Even though they remained friends after that, as if nothing happened, Erin still regrets that.

.

..

...

End of that memory.

0