Vol. 2 Extra Chapter 2: Helping Grandpa.
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- ...Hey, what am I doing here?

Andrew asked that question. He was in his grandfather's hardware store. His grandfather was there too, along with Samantha and... Someone else I'm not going to mention yet.

- Hey, young man, don't complain and help me tidy these things up. - said his grandfather, who was carrying some boxes. He was a stout man, had blue eyes and was somewhat bald. His few hairs had a lot of gray in them. Oh, he had a mustache too, though it was short. - You told me you were going to help me the other day.

- I did, yeah... - said. "But you didn't say in what..."

- Now, if you break your promise, you're not going to have dinner. And this goes for you, too, young lady.

- I know, Grandpa... - Sam was carrying a box into the storeroom.

- Grandpa... I know I promised to help you and all, and Samantha did too, so... Why is Mat here?

- ? - Mat.

- That's right... Hey, Mat, why are you here helping us? - Sam asked.

- Oh, because... Well, I saw that your grandfather was taking the boxes out of the pick-up truck, so I came to help. - answered Mat. Those boxes looked kind of heavy, but Mat was carrying them like it was nothing. - Ah, well... Actually, it's because I had nothing else to do, so that's why I'm here.

The thing is... Well, Mat lied in those moments for no apparent reason. He was on his way home from doing a bunch of stuff, like helping some kids rescue their cat that was in a tree, helping mow a lady's lawn, helping his literature teacher grade papers in the lower grades, helping out at church... Oh, well.

- Hahaha. - grandpa laughed , who knew the things Mathias did, and said: - You should be more like Mat.

- Yeah... - said Andrew and set about carrying a medium-sized box... - Agh, this one is heavy, what's in it?

- Oh, what don't you read? There are only pliers in there. - his grandfather replied.

- Hey, Andrew, I'll carry it. - Mat told him.

- Huh? O-okay. - he replied.

Samantha had no problem carrying the boxes she chose... Until they had to carry bags of cement.

- Hey, Grandpa, how do we carry them now? - Sam asked. - I can't carry them, and neither can Andrew.

- Then carry them between the two of you. - answered their grandfather. - Come on, it's not that hard to come to that conclusion. Oh, and look at Mat, he carries them like it's nothing. You should exercise more, especially you Drew.

- Yeah, Grandpa... - Drew replied. "The heck, how does he carry them?"

They were helping out until 3 P.M.

0