Vol. 8 Chapter 31: Arrival, part 1.
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Last volume of Part 1.


After an hour of checking them over and healing their wounds, as well as having one of the soldiers mend their clothes using... Wait, he was using powers too... Well, the thing is, they took the group back to town (Victor had been quarantined by some soldiers), in a car (the one who drove was Shield). She was in front of Mat, Nicole and James, at the entrance of the town. It was 6:30 and no one was around at the time.
- It's about time. - Shield said.
- T-time for what? - asked Nicole.
- Just wait a minute. - said Shield, - Wait. You, the blonde young man... Mathias Donovan, right?
- Huh? Yeah? What's up? - Mat asked.
"What time did I tell you my name? No, wait, what if..."
- After seeing your powers, this came to mind: wouldn't you want to join us?
- Join you? Mmm... I... - Mat looked at his friends. - I wouldn't know what to tell you, but... I guess not. After seeing what happened I assumed that you do similar things and... That kind of stuff isn't much to my liking and...
- So your answer is no, that's a shame. - Shield said, and pulled something out of her backpack.
- What's that? - asked James.
- This? - Shield said, putting some kind of sticker on Mat's face. At that moment she also put something else on it, with spiritual power, but Mat didn't notice.
"Now that his spiritual power was neutralized, he no longer poses a threat.... Although... I put that on him just in case." Shield thought.
- H-hey, what are you doing? - Mat complained.
- Well, now you don't have powers anymore.
- W-What?!?
- Well, now... - she said.
"They didn't see anything horrible, but.... They need to forget all this." She thought. "What time is it going to start?
- N-now what? - Nicole said. - Huh?
"It's already started."
Out of nowhere, a strange sound could be heard. It was a somewhat macabre chip tune.
At that, by the time Mat, realized it, he began to lose consciousness. His sight... Well, he could only see a sort of blinding light.
.
..
...
- Huh? - Mat.
Out of nowhere, Mat was no longer in the same place. Now he was standing with Nicole in the cemetery, and Nicole was standing in front of a grave, her sister's grave. There were two bouquets of flowers there, one from Mat and the other from Nicole. James was nowhere to be seen. Besides, it was already later (it had been thirty minutes but Mat didn't know that). Nicole was like... Thinking. She was meditating on something. Maybe... She had been remembering her late sister. A tear came to her eye. After a few seconds, she turned to look at Mat (but not before wiping that tear away).
- Mat... Thank you for joining me today. This... Means a lot to me.
- ...You're welcome. - Mat was confused.
- Also... I know I said it a long time ago now, but let me say it again. Thank you for trying to save my two sisters and for healing Reina.
Mat didn't know what to say at those words.
A while later they both left the cemetery and Mat dropped Nicole off at her house. After that, Mat went back to his, but not before finding out where James was.... He was at his house too, there they talked for a while. On the way, Mat got to thinking:
"It seems like... It's as if their memories have been.... Changed. Even the ones from their families. That's... Weird, but it puts my mind at ease, even if I don't quite understand why that happened. Wait, and the sticker that... Don't tell me that..."
Then it was that Mat tried to use his PSI powers and....
- They work. - he said to himself, after making a PSI paper airplane. - So... What happened? It didn't work? Apparently not...
Mat thought that since he hadn't lost his powers, they would have been affected at all, but no.
Shield, despite supposedly having disappeared a while ago, had stealthily pursued him.
"So... It didn't work. I don't understand how, but... I'll watch him a while longer."
When he got home, his mother was there, and....
- Welcome, Mat! - his mother greeted him. - How did it go with Nicole?
- Hi, Mom, well...
- Yes, Mat, how did it go? - Sam was there too. She seemed... Angry.
- Ah, Sam! I'm so sorry! - He was really apologizing. - I'm... I'm...
- Young people, if you want to talk about your things, I'll leave, okay? - said Mat's mother.
- Ah... That's... Ok. - Mat replied.
- If you want to, ma'am. - Sam replied.
- See you, then. - Mat's mother said and went inside.
- Well... - Mat.
- ...do you have anything to say? - Sam demanded.
- This... Ummm... Wait, weren't you the one who forgot about it in the first place?
- Yeah, but this is different. Now explain yourself.
- Ah... Ok...
Mat tried to explain everything that had happened that day and the day before, and that his memories had been changed and stuff. Oh, and he mentioned Victor and that he liked him. Another thing I forgot to mention was that Mat's uncle was on a trip.
- That... Didn't you have a better excuse than that? - Sam complained. - All that is...! It seems that... Well... You disappeared since yesterday and worried us all...
- I mean... You believe me, no, wait. You remember that? - Mat said to her.
"What? Her too? This is bad." Shield heard everything even though she was outside and those two weren't talking very loud.
- Yeah... But it's... - Sam said.
- Strange, isn't it?
- Yes. - Samantha replied. - While we were here, after calling the police, I saw a strange man in the street. He was wearing a black suit and was carrying a big backpack and, a few minutes later, a strange melody started to play. Out of nowhere, everything went blank and.... He was gone. Apart from that, it was as if the memories of the other people had been changed.... Also, the things I was doing were different, and it wasn't just me, everyone was like that. I tried to follow their lead just in case, but....
- Well, yeah! It's really weird all that... Wow... So this was their doing? Mmm... Then it's okay. - Mat said.
"If they intervened with that, it means I'm not going to have to worry about something like that happening again." He thought that because of his weird whole kidnapping thing.
- No, it's not. - Sam complained.
- B-but why? Ah... I-I'm so sorry! - said Mat. It was about their anniversary.
- I was so excited to go to the park, but what can you do? - Sam said. - Now that we're there, why don't we do something else?
- Like what? - Mat said.
- What about...? Mmm... I-I don't know... I... I... How about we go to your special place? - Sam said to him. She was already more calm.
- Oh... Okay, but... Do you really want to go there?
- Yes. - she said, and smiled at him.
- Ok.
"Oh... Looks like I worried in vain. These two don't seem to be dangerous... I'd better leave." This Shield thought and left in the car in which she had brought Mat and the others. But, as she was about to leave, she said to herself:
- I wonder if this was the best way to proceed with this? I'd better stay longer.
They went there (not without first telling Mat's mother that they were going out), and had a date there too. They brought food and stuff. Since everything was already... somewhat well, they didn't touch the subject. At that...
- Ah, wait, I have something for you. - Mat said and took out the necklace.
- Oh... Oh! - she got excited. - So...
- Yes! I made another necklace for you, similar to the previous one, but improving its design. - Mat told her.
- Th-thank you, Mat. - said Sam.
Mat gave her the necklace to wear. She took it, looked at it for a moment and then looked Mat in the eyes.
- Huh? Ah.
She kissed him, and Mat hugged her.

0