Vol. 8 Chapter 33: Clash, part 2.
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man waved at him, trying to smile. Mat shut the door on him almost instantly.
- Oh my God, what the hell was that? - he said to himself and opened the door again. - Y-you... What do you want?
- Finding you wasn't easy, you know.
- ?
- But... Well, coming back to this place is really nostalgic... Well... But... I guess it's better to finish the job with my own hands and not leave it to incompetents.
- What are you talking about? - Mat asked.
- Hero, I've come to kill you in the name of Mr. Martin!
- Huh?!?
"So this means that... He's an apostle... And we are going to fight. God... What is this?"
TRX and the others heard that.
- Hey, that sounded silly. - Blocky said.
- Shh. Don't say anything. - said Pointy.
Back to Mathias and the man who was all ugly.
- First of all, I have a request. - said Mathias. - Let's fight somewhere else, so we don't....
- Hehehehe... You are in no position to ask for such a thing. - said the man and...
The man lunged at Mat. He hit him. It was a direct hit. Mat didn't have time to protect himself. He pushed Mat back a few inches and, out of nowhere, the man was gone. He appeared behind him. He kicked him in the back.
- Agh!
The impact threw him several meters, down the runway. As he tried to get up, he thought:
"But what is he? His speed is superhuman and doesn't match his body! Not even the monsters in that place were like that.... He seems to be just like the guys there, but.... They're not going to help me?" This last he said as he looked at TRX and the others.
TRX and the others did nothing to help him, since, in a sense, they were not supposed to do that.
- H-hey... - Mat said to him.
A moment ago, inside the house.
- Ah, Sam, dear. - said Mat's mother.
Sam had just woken up.
- Whew... W-what happened to me?
- You passed out for a while, but I'm glad you woke up. - she said. - Are you feeling all right?
- Y-yes... I think so... - said Sam. - But... I feel a little... Weird.
- How so? - said Mat's mother.
- I don't... Ah. - Sam felt a horrible shiver. - Agh!
- S-Sam! W-what happened? - exclaimed Mathias' mother.
While that was happening, outside the house Mat was still trying to land a blow against his opponent. He couldn't do it. He was unable to do it. His PSI creations couldn't hold him back either. They were fragile. He wanted to knock him out, but it was impossible. That's what he thought about:
"I can't hurt him... But... I can kill him. No! He's still a person, I can't do that. Although... If I don't do it, I'll be the one killed! Wait... He's able to kill me with no problem, so.... Why doesn't he do it?"
From the way Mat was moving, trying to dodge the blows they were throwing at him (and he couldn't dodge many, he was wounded) the man realized something. They were moving away from the house.
"I can't believe this guy is Mr. Martin’s enemy.... Would he be holding back or...? I see..."
- Well, well... In that house there are important things for you, aren't there?
- Hey!
The man approached the house with a leap backwards.
- What are you planning to do? - Mat, who was hurt and scared, demanded.
Seconds before that, in the house, TRX and the others realized what he was planning to do.
- Watch out! - exclaimed Blocky and covered Mat's mother and Samantha with ice.
- What's going on? - said Mat's mother, who went outside to look when she felt a small tremor.
Suddenly, the shaking got stronger in the house and the house collapsed. People who lived nearby came out of their houses to see what was happening.
What had happened to cause the house to collapse was that the man had manipulated the ground in the area where the house was located, shaking it roughly. He basically shook the earth. Mathias tried to stop him by attacking him, but he couldn't, so he tried to hold the house up with his PSI Creations, but it was in vain. The man, after doing that, moved several meters away from the place.
"That will do. He was protecting someone there. Without distractions he'll be able to use his full strength and so my victory will be more satisfying."
Mathias was terrified and went to see if everyone was all right. The man stood and watched what he was doing.
TRX and his friends were fine. They were coming out from under some rubble.
- Hero, I tried to protect them but.... I don't think it was enough! - Blocky told him.
At that, someone besides them came out of the rubble. It was Sam.
- Sam!
Coughing and hurt, Sam said back:
- M-Mat...
- Hey you, come and heal her! - Mat said to Roundy.
- B-but...!
- Do it!
- Ok!
Roundy went and healed her while Mat looked for his mother. At that... He found her. After removing some debris from the house using his PSI Creations he found her. The first thing he saw were her arms, which were injured. It had been a moment, but there was quite a bit of blood.... Or at least it looked that way to him.
Mathias was shocked. The only thing Mathias could think of was that image: his mother under the rubble. He didn't want to pull out more debris because, deep down, he knew that she was already.... You know.
- I have to... - Roundy said, but was interrupted by Pointy.
- It's already... Late...
- No... That's... That can't be... - Sam said.
TRX and the others were depressed about that, but.... Nothing could be done now and Mathias knew that well.
- Come on, what are you waiting for? Come," said the man.
Mathias turned to look at him.
- You bastard.
Mat only said that, but... A murderous intent could be felt in these words. Mat's gaze was like... Empty, emotionless... He stood up and pointed at him:
- You... What the hell did you just do!!!?
- Huh?!?
(Artistic representation of that).


Now he was enraged. That was the only reaction Mat had at that moment. He wasn't sad. All he was thinking about was revenge on him. He didn't care about anything else.
Ah, there were also some people watching this scene, at least at the beginning. After seeing that it was something they didn't understand, they ran away. Some had the idea of wanting to call the police, but.... What if they couldn't do anything? This thought was shared by several people, who in the end just waited for it to end.

 

0