Vol. 8 Chapter 35: Defeat, part 1.
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Going back a few hours, when Agents Hunter and Shield were talking, along with the staff, about the aforementioned, Hunter said goodbye to them and left. Shield then said to him:
- Hey, where are you going?
- I'm going to see something, I'll be right back. - he replied.
- I know that, the question here is: why are you going to the forest?
- There is something over there. - he said. - Ah, you go and keep an eye on those youths. They saw a lot, but I don't think they are a danger. Goodbye.
- What? Hey, wait! - Shield said as Hunter left.
In a nearby place, Christopher and the other man were leaving.
(The man looked like this before.)


- Hey, Pastor, I think... - Christopher said, as he looked back the way he came.
- What happened? Agh!
The pastor (?) screamed out in pain. A red arrow had appeared out of nowhere and stabbed into his face.
- I found you.
Hunter found Christopher and the pastor (?). He tried to remove the arrow, but it was impossible.
- You people... Stop meddling with us! - exclaimed the pastor (?) and stamped his foot, which shook the ground. Part of the floor broke and several trees fell on the spot.
- Hey, watch out! - said Chris, after dodging the falling trees. - Also watch out for those around you.
"This guy found us like it was nothing? He completely hid his presence. And to think they had people like that there."
At that, Hunter wordlessly tapped one of the trees next to him, and shot more red arrows from his five fingers. The pastor and Christopher dodged them all, even though these were chasing them wherever they went. After that, the pastor made a sweep, still with the arrow stuck in his face, broke part of the ground and threw those big pieces of earth and rock at Hunter, who smashed them with his hands. But... That was just to distract him. In reality, what he was doing was attracting rocks and pieces of earth from far away to crush him. Hunter realized this, but....
- Ah!
He dodged them just the same.
"What the hell?"
They were really big rocks and chunks of earth.
- Wow, impressive. - Christopher said. He said it half-heartedly.
- Don't flatter him. In fact, why don't you help me? - the pastor demanded. His face was wounded, bleeding badly. It was also boiling. - Agh!
- If you can't defend yourself, then why do you have the title "apostle"? - Chris answered him, he said the last as if wanting to mock.
"Apostle?"
- Besides, I don't want to waste my time on this. - Chris said and subtly waved his hands.
Hunter turned away from those two after seeing that.
- What was that? - Hunter said to himself.
- Huh?
"They are very dangerous." Hunter thought and...
- Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! - cried out in pain the pastor (?).
- What the hell?! - Christopher exclaimed.
The pastor's face began to melt. In almost an instant, his face was deformed and.... Melted, I don't know how to describe it better, but he no longer had an eye or nose or lips.... Ugh...
- Ha! You looked just like the other one. - Christopher told him.
- Shut up!
"It can melt too... Besides, it went through the shepherd's skin like it was nothing. So he must be from Development and Destruction.... A very dangerous mix, but never mind." He thought at that instant. Seriously.
- If you don't do something, we won't be able to leave. - Christopher said to the pastor.
- And why don't you do something? Aghhhhhhhhhh! Damn it! Auuuuughhhhhhh! - I was suffering from the pain.
- Just make time! - Christopher complained.
"Heh, he's ready now, though.... I want to see what this guy can do..."
At that, the pastor started to touch his deformed face and it started to regenerate, but.... It was not the same as before. At the same time, he picked up several surrounding rocks and pieces of earth, gave them an edge and threw them towards Hunter's hands, because he thought that the condition of use of his ability depended on his hands. Hunter gracefully dodged them. In addition to that, he touched with his two hands to one of the rocks, which was next to him, and shot ten red arrows towards those two.
As the pastor was wounded, he shot only four. Chris was shot six. The shepherd avoided the arrows with his manipulation of the earth, making a barrier and Christopher....
- Impossible! - Hunter exclaimed.
Christopher, with his bare hands, stopped all the arrows and shattered them. The arrows were now supposed to melt flesh, but.... It did nothing to Christopher.
"Would he have covered his hands with aura?" thought Hunter. "It didn't look like it... Or will he have done it in an instant?"
At that, they began to fade into a sort of greenish flame.
- Now I'll really be able to look for the Hero.... Agh... - said the pastor. - But... Why did you decide to use this just now?
- Uh-huh, yeah, yeah... - said Chris, indifferent. - That's because I overestimated you.
- What?!? You're such a...
- If you could escape, then why didn't you?! - said Hunter interrupting the pastor, as the two of them faded away.
They vanished. That was the moment when Hunter decided to warn the Organization about this, so that they would send units to guard the area. But he didn't say anything about the Hero.
"That red-headed guy.... I didn't sense any Spirit Power from him, but he still managed to stop my arrows.... This cult is really dangerous."

0