Chapter 6
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crossing the land border between Takkam and Chasorik likely wouldn’t be possible for him alone and so he took the Eastern road out of the capital towards the coastal city of Comea.

“How do you plan to get us passage on a ship?” he asked Cruxion in his mind.

“We will find a way to clear that hurdle when we come to it.”

Racqein sighed out loud, “this whole thing was your idea, you better figure it out.”

“Of course I will! When have I ever failed?”

Merely picturing all the times he got in trouble for Cruxion’s actions (or inactions) in his body was enough for Cruxion to concede, “alright, alright. I won’t fail you this time though!”

“Racqein!”

Racqein’s eyes widened as he heard his little sister’s voice calling his name. He stopped in his tracks and turned around, the breeze throwing his hair into his eye. He pushed his hair back from his face and saw Marisol riding after him on a lion, her hands gripping his golden mane, her braid trailing behind her.

Racqein could barely remember the last time he saw Orfen’s lion form. He certainly wasn’t as... majestic back then as he looked now, with face fierce, muscles rippling, and golden mane glowing in the sunlight like a crown.

Orfen stopped a few feet away and Marisol hopped off his back.

“They caught you,” Cruxion said smugly.

“Racqein! We agreed that you weren’t going alone!” Marisol shouted, her cheeks puffed out as she angrily stomped over to him.

Racqein glanced over her shoulder at Orfen as he shifted back into his human form. “I don’T want to put the two of you in danger because of Cruxion’s obsession.”

“Obsession is a strong word. I merely suggested... repeatedly.”

Orfen came up behind Marisol, slinging his arms around her shoulder, and leaning forward. He craned his head to look up into Racqein’s face. Racqein took a step back in surprise when Orfen’s face came so close. “We aren’t putting ourselves in danger because of Cruxion’s obsession, we’re going with you cause we love you,” Orfen said, “so please don’t be mad and don’t push us away.”

Racqein sighed, “why would I be angry?”

“We won’t stop following you... And it’ll definitely be safer for us with you.” Marisol argued.

Racqein closed his eyes and let out one last sigh, before turning around to continue down the road, “fine.”

Orfen and Marisol ran up, each of them hooking an arm with his, “gotta make sure you don’t run off!” Marisol explained with a smile when he raised an eyebrow at her. 

“You have to admit you don’t inspire a lot of trust.”

Racqein felt as if he’d be sighing a lot on this trip.

I changed the synopsis! I felt the new one is more descriptive of the first arc

1