Chapter 2: Wuxia World
80 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Chen Ge!”

“Chen Ge!”

Hearing someone call his name, Chen Ge snapped back to his senses. Feeling a sense of déjà vu , Chen Ge looked to see it was a little girl call his name. She was ragged and beaten; her pearl-like face covered in blood.

“Chen Ge…” The little girl cried, “What should we do?”

Chen Ge felt a sharp pain in his brain, as memories of the original owner quickly surged through.

His name was coincidently Chen Ge, and for the past sixteen years, he had lived in peace in a rural village called Hard Stone Village. He was a boy without much ambition, but he was hard worker nonetheless.

However, his peaceful life changed forever when a horde of rampaging demons massacred his village, while he went out to collect a special herb for his sick mother.

Chen Ge looked at the little girl who strongly resembled him with a complicated expression, his hand still subconsciously clutching to the batch of unrooted herbs. He had found his sister hiding under a pile of corpses, her body petrified with fear.

Feeling his heart fall heavy, Chen Ge sighed.

“It’s best I treat this life like a game.” Chen Ge muttered; he didn’t want to get too attached to memories and emotions that were not his own, as he felt it took away a part that made him, ‘him’.

From what he was told, this was a common problem for even the most veteran of transmigrators, they could become too attached to their new memories, subconsciously influencing their thoughts and actions.

If the new memories were strong enough, there was the possibility of the transmigrator’s whole identity being replaced.

There were special products that could prevent the transmigrator from a potential ego death, like a Flashback Talisman that showed the new memories in a form of film instead of directly into the soul. But as usual, the price for such a product was astronomical! Even the most fattest and richest of folks would feel a pinch when purchasing such an item!

The stench of corpses and burning flames made Chen Ge feel nauseated, but he forced himself to bear with the smell as he collected supplies to defect from the village. Wrapping a sack behind his back, Chen Ge threw a second one towards his ‘sister’ and said, “Let’s go, there’s a nearby village we can take refuge in.”

“No!” Chen Qi vehemently shook her little head, much to Chen Ge’s surprise.

Her eyes burned with hatred as she screeched, “Those demons need to pay! All of them! We need to chase them and kill them!”

The meek Chen Qi seemed to grow ten feet tall as her face distorted to that of a maniacal villain.

Chen Ge looked at her with no expression, lamenting not being able to truly detach himself from the original Chen Ge’s emotions.

After a long moment of silence, Chen Ge blurted out, “What would be the point?”

“Huh?” Chen Qi was taken aback, feeling betrayed.

“Those demons left as quick as they came, how would we ever catch up to them? And even if we did, what would we do then? Hit them with sticks and stones? We’re humans, Chen Qi. There’s nothing we can do in the face of ‘Gods’, it’s best we just count our losses and try to get on with our lives.” Chen Ge calmly explained, slightly surprised, before realizing he was speaking from the perspective of the original Chen Ge, who seemed far more cynical.

“But that isn’t fair!”

“No, it isn’t.”

Chen Ge turned his back as he walked forward, not bothering to check if Chen Qi followed along.

Shaking his head, Chen Ge’s cold, distant eyes soon returned to normal, as he looked at the falling sunset with wonder.

Based on the original Chen Ge’s memories, this world was similar to the wuxia novels he had read in his previous life, meaning it was possible for even the most feeble of children to destroy boulders with their bare fists, and punch mountains hundreds of kilometers away! But that was only if someone learned martial arts, which were heavily guarded by empires and sects, so it was rare a mortal to ever see a martial artist in their entire lifetime!

Chen Ge himself had never seen a martial artist; he had only heard tall tales from his elders.

“Hmm, if I to achieve extraordinary achievements in this life, I’ll obviously have to learn martial arts, but how?” Chen Ge mused.

Currently, based on his memories, he only had two options.

Either A, join a sect, or B, join the army. Option B was immediately out of the question, as in order to join the army, he would have to register at the empire’s border, which happened to be so far away Chen Ge would probably die of old age before he even got there!

Option A wasn’t looking too good either, as despite what wuxia novels have told him, finding a sect to join was like finding a needle in a haystack, they were extremely elusive and rarely interacted with the outside world.

Besides, even if he did find a sect, it wasn’t as if they would accept him! Chen Ge was born with a very weak constitution; it was part of the reason the original Chen Ge had little ambition.

Chen Ge felt his heart turn in despair, but he soon remembered something, which made him lecherously smile as he muttered under his breath, “…System.”

0