Chapter 6.2 My Dear Subordinates
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This happened at the same time as the previous story. In a city where there was a lot of poverty a woman gave birth to a boy, but neither the father nor the mother wanted to take care of him so they were going to throw him to the dump, but a poorly dressed old man with almost no hair offered them 6 AC (currency of this world) for the baby. They, happy to have won some money, left without worrying about anything else. The baby barely survived 5 years of poor care with the old man, the boy did not know how to read or write, he only knew how to follow the orders that the old man gave him and the only upbringing was his "siblings" who were only a year or two older. When he was 6 years old, he was forced to work with his brothers to earn their food. The old man enjoyed enough money for the work of the boys, but he wanted more so he forced them to steal in order to sell things and have more money

Some distracted and others grabbed things. They chose the fastest to distract and the most agile to steal.

Who's going to distract this time?

Mmmm… Kled was caught very quickly last time, we couldn't steal anything

True… I think that Kein is the best of us, would you do it?

Of course I will, let's see who will be the next victim

The children climbed onto the roof of a house and looked for who they could rob. And along they saw a man with a luxurious briefcase.

Look, that briefcase seems to cost a lot, we could sell it, but don’t tell the old man. We will use the money just for us

I don't know Kein, he looks dangerous. Besides, we could get caught by the old man.

Don't be cowards, let's just make a plan and everything will be fine. Well listen. I will wait hidden for him to pass through the alley and I will snatch the briefcase, you wait for me on top of the wall, I will throw the briefcase at you and you will help me up. Get it? Is as simple as that.

So. They all enlisted to carry out Kein's plan. They waited for the right moment. The man was passing by and they snatched his briefcase, just when they took it away he started running after the boy who was going very fast, so the man threw everything in front of him, unfortunately he missed. Kein who had already arrived at the agreed place threw the briefcase at them. The children grabbed it and were ready to help his friend, but once the children saw the enraged man who had drawn a knife to finish the boy, they were scared and did not want to risk it.

Hey! What are you guys doing! Help me up, don't leave me alone!

I'm sorry Kein I don't want to risk it.

The children who had been with Kein all his childhood abandoned him to his fate, without looking back, without regrets.

How could they… DAMN! I helped them so much! I trusted you and this is how you repay me!? die!!! I hate you all!

You ran out of luck child, that's how the real-world works, once they don't need you they leave you to your fate

Hah, I don't need them, I'll finish you off and I'll go smash their faces one by one for doing this to me

Very brave to say that to an armed older man, or maybe you're just stupid

You talk a lot old man

Kein, out of rage, threw rubbish at the man's face and quickly moved behind him to push him away. The man was distracted by the garbage and the boy reached behind him and pushed him, the furious man threw the knife at him and hit him in the leg. He tried to ignore the pain and keep running, but it was impossible. The man approached him slowly.

That briefcase was carrying something very important and because of you I lost it.

The man violently beat the boy and grabbed the knife from his leg.

Maybe this will teach you not to steal.

The man with great force pierced the boy's hand and cut it off

"Now I'll go find those kids and do the same to them."

Wait... when you find them... tell them... that is what traitors earn... He said exhausted

Hah, I don't need a child giving me orders. Just shut up and die.

The man kicked him into the trash and was walking away.

Kein with his little breath and almost losing consciousness sees him and thinks “Shit, I don't want... my life to end like this.”

Suddenly, he sees that the man who was leaving falls to the ground dead and a silhouette was in front of him who tells him. - do you need help?

To which he responds.

He…lp m… me. – He responded before being unconscious

In his subconscious he heard the voices of his "brothers" talking about him

You're good at Kein bait. Thanks for the briefcase we are millionaires now. We won't have to risk it anymore. You were very useful to us.

While he was asleep he moved violently in the bed he was on, sweating and exhaling rapidly Kein suddenly wakes up and sits up elated and the first thing he looks at is his hand, which to his surprise was there.

What? It can't be, I remember that he cut my hand, why is it still here? I am alive? Where am I?

You finally wake up, child, you've been asleep for a week. Where are your parents?

Hah, my parents sold me for 6 AC at least that's what the old man who bought me said. I don't know where they are and I don't care

6 AC? that's barely enough for lunch,

Who cares I only wanted to survive and be somebody in this stupid city, also I have a name you know.

Oh is that so? Tell me then.

Kein… why do you help me old man, what do you want from me, I don't have money, I'm no use to you.

Oh I don't want your money Kein, you said you didn't want your life to end like that, so I helped you.

Without anything in return? I do not think so.

You're right, that's what normal people would think, I want you to work for me, tell me what your dream is. – the man with white cloak said while laughing.

Why do you want to know my dream, old man... – Kein said with a suspicious face

You need a goal to give strength to your life, a purpose that makes you indestructible, something that makes you get out of any difficulty.

Kein thought carefully if he should talk to him and concluded that he had nothing more to lose.

Huhm… my dream is to rule this city, be the strongest and earn everyone's respect, so they will think twice if they want to betray me.

A very difficult dream, do you plan to achieve it?

Hah, I don't think so, I will.

Incredible, I will help you to fulfill it, so what do you say, will you work for me so that you can fulfill your dream?

Huhm… of course, but if I think you'll betray me, I'll kill you old man.

Sure, you have all the freedom to kill me if you think that. And you know, I also have a name, my name is Ryan

Ryan shakes Kein's hand and he brushes it off and gets off the gurney and walks to the door.

And good? Will you stand there or teach me what to do.

Kein and Ryan walk to the door and fade into the light.

1