Chapter 48 – Response
1.4k 11 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Saying I had managed to screw the city in one morning wouldn’t be an understatement.

After Akari ended the big illusion of my masked figure to the whole city with the help of my Magic item to amplify her Mana for a minute, Kyoto fell into a panic.

The sight was something to behold. Even more so from the top of Kyoto Tower. I could see people trying to run away from the city.

“Look at those ants! They are hurrying away just because of a simple announcement!” I laughed like an evil mastermind in the Magical Girl movie. It felt good!

I now understood why they always spread their arms while looking at people running away from a high building, risking their identity to be found. It was because it felt good! The risk was worth the sight.

“Hahahaha!”

Akari also imitated me from my side. Two girls wearing white and black fox masks were laughing side by side. How suspicious!

Still, I bet Haruhi already realized it was me who made the announcement. Even though I could change my clothes, I couldn’t change my appearance unless I did something a bit extreme.

So my horns were still visible on top of my mask, and my purple hair would surely be easy to recognize.

“Ants! They are ants!” Akari exclaimed happily as she pushed her mask to the side. The corner of her small lips was tugged up in a smile.

“How is it? Fun, right?” I grinned at her and pushed my mask to the side too, revealing half of my face.

“Yes! I never thought we could just announce it like that!” She replied. “Ah, the effect of the Magic item is over. Here, I will return it.” She took out a small blue ball from her pocket and handed it to me.

This Magic item could double one’s Mana for a minute. It was so common that I had more than 100 balls in my inventory.

“Just keep it. I still have a lot of it. It will be reusable after an hour or two when it finishes refilling its Mana. Use it when you need it.” I said, smiling softly.

“Really?!” Akari brightened instantly as she jumped a little like a small animal. “Thank you!”

She clutched the small ball near her chest as if it was a precious item given by her dead mother. Ah, it was just a metaphor. Her parents were fine and kicking. She showed me their faces last night, so I wouldn’t target them.

Anyway, I did this not without good intentions. I did this with a certain plan in mind. I wasn’t a fool, you know? Well, the main reason might be to have fun, but… This was also to achieve another goal.

“Akari. Put your mask on again. They are here.” I said in a low voice as I fixed my mask. My senses felt a few Mana reactions coming from Magiya Temple’s direction. They were fast, and I could see some small shadows in the sky.

Two of them were familiar, while one of them was a reaction I had never felt before. A new girl? Maybe she was Celes’ subordinate. I shouldn’t hope much from her.

She wouldn’t be fun if she had the same personality as Celes.

“Oh! I feel them too!” Akari exclaimed as she fixed her mask to cover her whole face. She could feel their Mana too? Amazing. Her sense of feeling Mana might be better than Blaze's.

Was it the effect of having 2 wands? Or was it her talent? Anyway, Akari was an amazing girl.

We were waiting for the Magical Girls to arrive while I concentrated on other areas. I felt some small Mana reactions spread all over Kyoto. I could see people moving in different directions from other people who were trying to leave Kyoto.

Most of them wore black suits, and their genders were mixed between men and women.

I see. So they were the people who were tasked to support Magical Girls. They were also adults, so maybe they were the government’s agents.

I couldn’t care less, though. My main focus was Magical Girls. I could leave the government to Titan to deal with. That wasn’t my problem.

After a minute, they finally arrived in front of us. Talk about slow.

As expected, they were Celes, Blaze, and an unknown girl wearing normal Magical Girl clothes with frills and a yellow accent. Her Mana was also normal, not too special.

Boring… I thought they would bring someone special or something like that. The new girl’s Mana reserve was even smaller than Glacier's.

Celes looked at Akari and me with a frown. The same could be described to the new girl. But Blaze… her gaze stopped at me. Did she look… troubled? Was there something bothering her?

The usual Blaze would frown, then let out a long tired sigh. Anyway, I needed to act on my part right now.

“Well well, look at this. Three Magical Girls!” I exclaimed with a haughty tone. It was easy to change my voice with this mask, as it was one of the Magic Items made to play pranks. A mask with the feature to change one’s voice at will just by infusing Mana into it!

“You! Who are you?! What is your plan!? Identify yourself now!” Celes shouted at me while pointing her wand at me. It looked like a Sakura tree’s branch with no gaudy accessories.

I meant… Did she really say that? Even Akari looked at me with a confused gaze.

I shrugged my shoulders and let out an audible sigh.

“Really? That’s the first word you said?” I said in a mocking tone and snickering. “No one will answer that, you know?”

“You!” She was visibly upset.

“Evil doers! Magiya Celes is asking you nicely! Answer her if you don’t want to get hurt!”

The new girl chimed in and threatened me. It was cute and laughable at best. She didn’t understand how to threaten people.

I glanced at Blaze with my golden eyes visible through the gap of the eye sockets in the mask. She immediately understood, and her eyes widened in fear.

“Do–“ She extended her hand toward me, trying to stop what I was about to do.

But she was too late.

“Dragon.”

I muttered a word. It was just a single word, but I tapped into my second skill to call my little children. This time, a purple magic circle appeared beside me. The head of a small dragon appeared. Its size was, at most, only 30 cm in length and the wings only spanned around 70 cm.

But this small beast wasn’t something to scoff at. It could decimate 500 Garmrs alone.

“Graaaa!” It roared with its cute mouth before it fully manifested, flew toward my shoulder, and perked its four limbs on it. This child looked cute, and it rubbed its head against my mask.

With just a roar, Celes and the new girl looked afraid. Really? Blaze was still fine. She had seen the bigger version of this black dragon.

“Girl.” I called out in a low voice. It sounded cold and intimidating. “No one orders me to do something. Have you forgotten that I spread 10 balloons for you to find? If you fail to find those balloons, then…”

I gestured to the small dragon on my shoulder to spew some fire into the sky. It followed my command precisely and breathed a torrent of flame even hotter than a flamethrower.

The girls were afraid even though the small dragon didn’t aim the fire at them. This was how you threatened people. Not just by words but by action too.

“10 Dragons bigger than this one will turn Kyoto into a burning ground.” I continued as they shuddered.

Blaze, who stood behind them, facepalmed and muttered something. With my good hearing, I was able to catch what she muttered.

“Commander Amamiya asked me to have fun with Arsy and helped her? She’s crazy!”

Hearing that invited a smile on my face and lifted my mood.

Good job, Commander Amamiya! I was wrong about you! You’re the best wing-woman in this world!

Author Here~

8 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I have some illustrations of Arsy, Asa, Diva, Magiya Blaze that I posted on Patreon too!

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/G24qyWdBXs

89