Chapter 1 – The Last Plan
228 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
So here it is, I have been working on this for a while, and finally I thought I should upload it... As I said, it simply is a fun project I am doing for fun, but of course I'm a complete amateur and new to writing, so expect some mistakes, but regardless, I hope ya'll have as much fun reading it as I had writing it.

The Return of the Forgotten Princess, a name that brings only anger to me now, especially because it is what I have been forced to live, and relive for who knows how long.

At first it was simply mildly annoying, I was simply indifferent; I had been in time loops before, mostly pranks from my siblings; but after several tens of thousands of loops, I knew that it was not my sibling's doing, but rather something else, something different…

I an Old Goddess from the Forgotten Pantheon; also known as The Archon of Murder and Violent Death, The Universal Archivist; and Keeper of Time; the great, the powerful and the incredibly beautiful Aiueguilp'kraykth, have to return to its beginning once the story ends; forcing me to relive the story from beginning to end over and over again.

Any normal human's sanity which is held by a single thread would have already been broken a long time ago, but I have lived for tens of billions of years, so some years stuck in a time loop isn't too bad; it's just unbearably infuriating.

For some strange reason I have become bound to this book, and even with my nigh eternal power I keep on getting sent back in time whenever the story finishes.

The story is simple enough, I have seen it a thousand times, literally.

There is a commoner who is actually the abandoned daughter of a duke, and yada yada, magic, marriage, a tyrant crown prince; ya know the deal, everyone falls in love with her; the actual fiance of the crown prince gets turned into a villainess, and yada yada, happy ending, villainess executed, then we go back to the beginning over and over and over again eternally. 

At some point I started to grow incredibly bored, so I started to change up things for fun, like killing the female lead, but unfortunately whenever I made any change to the plot I simply came back in time to the beginning of the story once again when the story was supposed to end; no matter what I did absolutely nothing worked, I was always returning, over and over again.

At one point I actually grew tired of continuing in this time loop; it had been around 2 million cycles and the story was starting to get on my nerve; so I even tried to make a deal with the story's so-called demon king Balmodon, he proposed a deal, in exchange for some power of mine he would break the loop, but he lied, and couldn't break the loop, so I simply consumed him, in the end he was nothing more than a sham, he was spicy though, so to be fair as a snack he was kinda tasty.

I have been as exhaustive as possible, tried every way of changing the story, ending the loop, and even sleeping for millions of years, but nothing works. I have nothing more than a single plan left, a final plan, it is my final chance to return home, to stop this hellish time loop.

It pains me to say it, but I, a Goddess of the Forgotten Pantheon, one of the most powerful beings in the whole universe, will have to lower myself to a point which would bring shame to not only me, but all of the Old Gods. I know that if my youngest sibling, Yigedrrest, were to see at what point I am right now he would just laugh at me; where is the respect left for the oldest of the Old Gods, I wonder…

This new plan will be the final one, if it doesn't succeed I shall just sleep for eternity, perhaps even destroy the universe; again…

It honestly isn't that big of an issue, but to be frank… Well, I'm bored.

So the three step marvelous, genius and incredible plan shall begin. To begin, I shall bring the villainess, Lilith Edeltraud, to me. Which frankly, shouldn't prove to be hard to do at all, I doubt even their magic can even put up any resistance to my powers. Then for step two, I shall live her life temporarily, and finally as the final step, I shall stamp out the insect herself, the horrid heroine of the story. My oh my, I can't even say her name, it disgusts me to even think about it.

What a marvelous plan, infallible.

Well, either way, let's begin… 

Bringing Lilith was easy enough, with just a flick of my fingers she was already standing in front of me.

I have to say that I was surprised, as she looked prettier than the female lead, at least in my opinion, perhaps this is because I absolutely despise her, but I don't think it's that. 

To be honest I can't even believe the male leads chose the heroine, with her red hair and golden eyes; a shame that her eyes will change when I possess her, the beautiful gold will change to a deep black, and why one may wonder; well because as they say, eyes are a window to the soul, but I don't have one…

Lilith looked terrified, but still held strong; I was honestly surprised that a mere human like her could even look at me; usually humans weep or carve their eyes out when they see me, but instead in her eyes I saw defiance.

"Hello Lilith, welcome to my planning room, I'd usually be asking you to bow down to my greatness, but well, we have more pressing matters to attend to; I've had enough about this time loop thing, so I guess you will give me a hand."

"What, who are you, how do you know my name?"

"Wow, I'm actually surprised; I'd have guessed that you would crumble to your knees at the very sight of me; but it seems as if you are more fearless than I thought; yes I like that a lot! If only the situation was different I would accept you as a disciple, but the situation is a bit different. Regardless I won't or rather, can't give you my name, giving it would only bring you suffering, so there's no point in knowing it…"

I thought about it a bit more and then with a grim smile on my face I said, "Actually, one could say that my name is Lilith Edeltraud."

"Wha… Listen here, I am from the Edeltraud Grand Duchy, the most powerful territory in the empire, so you better stop joking around and take me back to my house!"

"Why would you even want to go there, it's not as if your family cares about you. To be honest it's kinda funny in a way, you are supposed to be a Edeltraud, but your conscience won't allow you to do the duties of a Edeltraud…"

"You, how do you…" She said with a sad voice.

"And either way, you are home, literally." I said as I showed her a vision, which showed her body laying on her bed, and she quickly became pale.

"Wait, what, why… How is this even possible!?"

"Ahh, you see, I didn't bring you here like in the literal sense of the word; your soul is here, but your body is still there; maybe it's too difficult for a foolish human such as yourself to understand, but worry not, before you go I can at least promise that I shall make good use of your body." I mockingly said while I tapped her shoulder.

"Why are you doing this!?"

"You'd do the same after being stuck in this hellhole for millennia… Oh, it's about time you disappear, but don't worry, this may be better for you, as you may end up somewhere more acceptable, to be honest though, it's not as if I truly care." I said while stifling a laugh.

"What do you mean disap…"

"Ah, your time is up, goodbye Lilith!"

She crumbles into dust and disappears in the void, like dust in the wind, now with that insignificant worm gone, step one was completed without any problems, bringing Lilith here was easier than expected, and given that I banish her into oblivion, she shouldn't cause any problems.

Ah, how I love it when things are easy…

Now then step two and three are easier said than done; now I'll have to live her life, and get to the point where the story ends. 

When it's done I just hope that the time loop ends, if it doesn't this will be nothing more than a massive waste of time.

Having to live among humans, boy is this going to be uncomfortable…

7