Chapter 2 – A Slight Miscalculation
148 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
So I thought to myself, maybe as a new series it would be a good idea to upload a bit more, so here ya go

I have to be somewhat honest, I didn't really know much of Lilith, I just remember her being mentioned many times and her so-called evil acts against the female lead and the people on her side, which to be frank were kinda boring, how is throwing wine at someone's dress considered evil, it's petty at most; I'd rather throw something like a knife or throw someone off a roof, that's way more fun.

Regardless, I was forced to see the story from the perspective of the heroine, so I could barely even get to know Lilith, her appearance was limited to mostly just balls or parties, where she would make a ridicule herself, and run away like the pathetic fool she was.

So in other words I only saw the Lilith some few times; furthermore, her background was barely even explained by the other humans, so I don't have much information about her, even if I'm a goddess I am not really omniscient; and in this case it is especially weird, as for some strange reason this world is one that I cannot explore, I am bound to the perspective of the heroine and that's it.

For some time I thought that perhaps possessing the body of the heroine would be more convenient, but I swear I would rather be someone unknown than become that worm; I have grown to vehemently despise her. I got to a point in which I simply spent several thousand cycles just continuously killing her; of course, it was a useless endeavor, but it provided me with some fleeting fun at least. 

It seems that one of the disadvantages of the plan though is that now in a human body I will have to be near her, honestly the sooner I can get rid of the heroine the better, I just want to go back to the Forgotten Pantheon, to my home.

I have seen the story thousands, hundreds of thousands of times, and now it's time for me to finally start the plan. It will take a long time to accomplish, but I swear that everyone here will receive my revenge.

Regarding Lilith I only know that according to the male leads, she as a descendant from the Edeltraud Grand Duchy, which is one of the most powerful people in the empire; her family has ties to criminal groups, guilds and the underworld, honestly though the power she had, her titles and connections were utterly wasted on someone like her. I know the basics, like her family, and their hatred for her, the fact that she had no real friends, and the weird antics she would go through in order to get the heroine's way. 

I've always thought that power is squandered when it's not used; if she had set her mind to it, she could have ended the life of the heroine before she even became a problem, but in the case of Lilith she had both a massive ego and to be completely honest she was an idiot.

I honestly know that I am able to easily kill all of the main characters, but even if I do, there is no guarantee that doing it will end the time loop, honestly it's more likely that I will go back to the start of the story; and that is horrible. I'll have to live the life of Lilith for some time, at the moment my plan is to simply reach the end of the story, maybe then I will be able to break the loop.

Either way, being Lilith may be harder than expected; from what I was able to see, her foolishness left her with an indifferent or downright hostile family, no friends, and no loyal followers; not even one…

Lilith's family was ruthless and incredibly opportunistic, they were downright evil according to even the very emperor, but even her blood ties with her family were not enough, as she was quickly abandoned by her allies and family once they saw how the heroine would be more beneficial for them. 

Now then, living among these insects for more a few months, or maybe more if this body dies and I have to reset stuff will surely be challenging, my temper is honestly not the best and I tend to think with a different mindset, although some of my friends in the pantheon have called me insane.

Now this reminds me that I haven't been around humans since that one time I accidentally created a religion which made people think that they could exist by pure photosynthesis, suffice to say it didn't last too long and although I found it hilarious it ended badly in a way, apparently humans needed to eat in order to survive, like physical stuff, through their mouths… I was amazed at that discovery; granted I was young at the time, just a couple million years old, and well I had no parents or family at the time, since I am the eldest of the pantheon…

Well, anyways, here goes nothing I guess… 

"Ugh, ouch!" I said as soon as I entered the body, what is this, why am I feeling stiffness and distress?

Oh my, I seem to have made a small mistake; it seems I'm younger than I expected, way younger, wai-- wait!

Am I in the fucking prologue!? 

If an adult human body is extremely uncomfortable, then this is simply hellish; being in a child's body this is horrible, it's downright painful, and I didn't know I could even perceive pain; perhaps I had to shrink myself way too much, being an Old God comes with both advantages and some disadvantages, for instance my size, I am kinda big, very very big, and although I have no real physical body, I have a certain essence, and if I shrink it too much then I start to have this weird sensation; now it's not only uncomfortable, but actually painful.

Well, even if I were to adapt the body to fit me more comfortably it would just turn into a Aeon or an Archon; so I can't really do that, either way the story should just take around ten years, so I bet, actually I hope I can bear with it.

If I can't, then I guess I'll try to destroy the universe, again.

One of the good, and trust me there's barely any, things about this body is that it is quite adept at magic, so perhaps I can use some of my power disguised as the magic, or even better, use the magic myself, I've honestly always been interested in using magic, so it could prove interesting.

Well, I guess it's time for me to open my eyes, and live a human life for once…

5