Chapter 4 – Exploring
89 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I honestly don't have much to say this week, I got a bit sick from a cold so do take into account that there may be some mistakes here and there, regardless I hope ya'll are liking the story, and are ready for more chapters, as I'm eager to write more and more <3

Let's just say I passed the test, with flying colors at that…

"I am a spy, just please stop, stop, stop! AGHHHH!!!" Will cried as I continued to do my thing until suddenly my father stood up and said, "Alright Lilith, you can stop now, he has already admitted it."

"But father, I was just getting started, I hadn't even gotten to use the spoon yet." I said in a whimpering voice, I was honestly having a bit of fun.

"Well, either way the spy was going to die, so you can just end him; but do it quickly alright, you took it too far, even by my standards…" I could notice his queasiness as he glanced at Will, I bet he hadn't seen something this brutal in a while, the wonders one can do with single toothpicks.

"Can I have a sword then?" I quickly asked.

My father looked at one of the guards, who quickly handed me his sword, given that I was a small child and that the guard for some reason gave me a great sword I could barely lift it up; regardless I gave it my all, and honestly used some of my powers to lift it and simply stabbed what was left of Will in the heart and he crumpled to the floor in a pool of blood.

"I am proud of you Lilith, you are finally becoming a proper Edeltraud. Were you hiding your abilities and creativity for some reason?"

"Was I- that's a good question father…"

I could see him grin, he was happy; no he was not happy, he was absolutely delighted at seeing his daughter perform so well in the exam that she had rejected to do so many times before, but his face still showed some doubt.

"I remember how before you would always cry and ask for the lives of the spies to be spared. You were weak and a disappointment, but now, I see that you, my daughter, are finally becoming someone worthy of the Edeltraud family." My mother said with a smile on her face.

I was surprised, but soon enough my father joined in and patted me on my head and told me, "Run along now, I shall clean up this mess."

I left the room with a satisfied expression on my face, and as I walked around exploring the new estate I was in, my maid in tow was quietly following me.

Given I now seemingly had some free time, I decided that the best thing I could do was to explore the place I was in, which was very large, but also felt surprisingly small, hidden rooms and escape routes were everywhere, and with empty or abandoned rooms it simply made the estate feel eerie and uncomfortable.

The Edeltraud Estate is a weird place, it was not designed like the mansions and palaces I saw with the worm, rather it was designed as a citadel; in other words it simply was a fortress, one capable of withstanding sieges and holding thousands of soldiers. It was made to be especially confusing to the attackers, with stairs that lead to nowhere, some rooms are simply empty, others look abandoned, as if no one had stepped foot in them for decades, but even if abandoned they looked suspiciously clean, the creepiest of the bunch though easily were the rooms with dried blood on the floor, rooms were one could feel death emanating from its story.

This place was a bit like a maze, confusing, it was a place that could perfectly describe the Edeltraud family, with those grandiose decorations, beautiful hallways and the hidden skeletons in the closet, with torture chambers and dried blood covering the walls; now that I think about it even the dining hall was excepted.

After exploring the estate a bit more, I noticed something interesting, the only place that looked normal was Lilith's room; as all of the other rooms, without exception, were simply eerie or had a certain feeling to them that was a little uncomfortable.

This made me ponder a little bit about what kind of life the original Lilith had; I am not one that often feels empathy, especially not for humans, but perhaps because of this body it made me feel a bit… curious.

Not only were the rooms weird though, even the few workers were sometimes seen, but most of them were simply walking around with slow and mechanical steps that seemed different than those of normal humans, just as my maid who also was walking in a similar manner, this got me somewhat curious, and so I ask her "So what's your name anyways?"

"Are you asking me, my lady?" Again, as per usual, responding in her annoying monotone voice.

"Is there anyone else here?"

"My name is Nadia."

"Just Nadia?"

"I have no last name, as you may already know, I was raised by the duchy."

"And?"

"I was an orphan, until I was brought up by the Duchy and trained to become a maid; so although I have no last name I now am a trained maid."

"A maid you say; I don't think I believe you…"

"Excuse me?"

"You are obviously an assassin, Nadia." As I said that, even if she held the same emotionless face as always, I noticed her eyes flaring up a bit, it appeared as if she was surprised. Her surprise was almost immediately suppressed though, as she kept on walking behind me; it seemed as if this place would prove more interesting than I originally thought, even then, in her reserved voice, she continued "You have changed, my lady."

I just nodded as we kept on walking I started to walk towards my room, but as we were walking I saw someone standing in the doorway that led to my room, it was Lilith's older brother; one of the possible heirs of the Edeltraud Family, Viktor Edeltraud; or at least that is what Nadia told me as we were approaching the room.

"Ah, Lilith, I've heard some surprising news, apparently you passed the exam."

"You are right, Viktor."

"I also heard that you were going to use a spoon for something."

"Ahh yes, I was actually going to…"

"You don't need to tell me, actually I want to see it; could you show me the spoon trick?"

"Why are you so curious brother, as they say curiosity killed the cat, you know."

"Well, I heard from one of the guards that you were especially brutal in the exam; I heard what you did with those toothpicks and it made me recoil, it was morbid and so… so… well done. You are a talented torturer, ya know."

"Trust me brother, that is not my only talent…"

"I'm excited to see what's next for you."

"Well, if you are so interested in the spoon ordeal then get me someone and I'll show you what you are supposed to do."

I could see my brothers eyes full of anticipation as we walked towards the torture chamber; I guess we’ll go have some fun. 

3