Chapter 7 – The Beginning
84 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Not much to say, been playing a lot of Victoria 3, so perhaps there will be no news either; other than that I hope ya'll enjoy this chapter <3 Btw, did a small correction, forgot to add a word, sorry

Time passes by quickly for a human, and in the time that I had been in this body I had begun to show myself as the most talented member of the Edeltraud family, even with me being bound to always use a cane, I slowly but surely got a certain reputation of being talented in magic and alchemy, so I got a certain advantage aginst my siblings; we weren't really fighting for the succession rights anymore, as the assassination attempts mostly stopped; even my mother had recently stopped her constant assasination attempts, and surprisingly my father seemed to be very interested in what I was doing… 

There must be a reason as to why the attempts are slowly but surely stopping, everything has recently been way too calm, maybe it is the calm before the storm.

It has been a while since I've been stuck in this human body, and one could say that I have started to become used to being a human; although some things are still difficult, as they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, and I am certainly old.

The main problem I've been having is that I seem to always forget that I need to eat once in a while; Nadia is forced to remind me every once in a while; either way, being a human is honestly a nice change of pace from having to watch the life of that worm for so long, even if my powers are severely limited.

I have seen this world for such a long time, and unfortunately I only saw the world through the worm's life, I had no freedom, I was a slave to the circumstances of the story, and to her perspective.

I could only see places like palaces, the academy and the like; I don't think she ever took a step outside any of those places; but now that I am Lilith, I can go and explore all of the Edeltraud territory.

The world of Lefalia, now that I can explore it with no bounds, seems more interesting than I had previously anticipated, it truly was not as bland as I imagined.

The Edeltraud Grand Duchy was basically uncharted territory for me, even as I spent millions of years watching the story to no end, I could never truly explore this world to my liking, for instance, the Edeltraud Territory is especially interesting, as monsters and beasts roam the massive forests and swamps; there is a saying in the duchy, one that only the bravest or most foolish people dare to say, and it is that the people in the Edeltraud Grand Duchy die from either the monsters who live on its forests, swamps, caves and rivers; or the demons who govern these lands.

I have finally started to understand what they truly meant after some years of being here; the Grand Duchy is indeed a brutal place to live in as a mere human, the days in the duchy were short and violent, but fun, or at least they were for me.

I was finally having a good time, it has been millions of years since I had some time I didn't find utterly horrible; just like all of that time I had to pass seeing her disgusting life, over and over again; the Edeltraud family was nothing like they were described by the male leads and such; they are a lovable bunch in my opinion, even if they tried to murder me about four times a month.

One day though, something weird happened, to my surprise my parents suddenly called me to their office. I almost never saw them, usually several months would pass until seeing either of them, my mother either being swamped with work or my father leaving for yet another war were the only chances we got of seeing them. Being suddenly called by both of them was unusual; they must want something from me, but what could it be…

"Lady Edeltraud, it is time to go."

"Do you have any idea what my parents could want from me?"

"I have no clue, my lady."

"Do you ever know anything, because it seems as if you never know anything I ask."

"I am only a maid, my lady." Her voice was as robotic and apathetic as always; it had grown to become extremely annoying.

"And an assassin…"

"Indeed, my lady." She said while showing certain signs of anger, that's basically the only emotion she ever showed though.

We walked towards my mother's office, the place where we usually meet whenever both of them had anything to say to the children; quickly Nadia announced my name and I got into the room.

"Mother, Father, here I am, so tell me what do you want?"

My father responded quickly, "Just take into account, young one, that I never wanted this." 

My mother was staring daggers at him, but either way she said, "Well, you see Lilith, you have reached a certain age, you are already 19, so…"

"Get on with it mother, no need to soften the blow."

My mother then continued, "You will have to go to…"

"Must we really send her away? She is quite the talented child, she is the most talented out of all of her siblings. I honestly don't know why, we have to send her." My father interrupted with a sorry look in his eyes

"I have told you over and over again, we must not show ourselves as hostile to the imperial family."

"We both know that they hate us, let's just make an insurrection."

"We may have the military power, but the people are terrified of us; it's better if we simply maintain neutrality as usual and try to maintain good relations."

I interrupted both of them as loudly said, "If this is going to become a back and forth, I'm leaving."

"You wait right there, Lilith!" My father shouted in a thunderous voice.

I scowled at my father while loudly sighing, making both of them notice my frustration. What are these two idiots talking about now, where would they even want to send me, their most talented child; they finally stopped arguing and finally told me what was going on.

"You are going to the Almany Imperial Academy." My mother said in a quick way while my father pouted.

"I… Wait what?!" I responded with surprise, I had never expected for the prologue to be ending so quickly, I thought I still had at least a few more months of preparation.

My mother continued in an apathetic voice, "You see, most of your siblings are injured or dead at the moment; only Viktor and you were left mostly unscathed. I didn't really want to assassinate any of you, but I had to do a certain type of test, and you passed it; so you are the one going to the academy. We have many enemies in the empire, so I wanted to have you prepared from a young age…" Well  that is a shitty excuse to be frank, but whatever.

I seem to have lost track of time, the story is finally starting; I guess that finally being granted some liberty made me forget about important things, like the loop and the story; it was fleeting, but entertaining for a bit.

Now it seems as if the story is finally beginning, the introduction of the people who have enslaved my will into this horrible situation; I shall take my revenge even if it's the last thing I do...

2