Chapter 8 – Dreaded Academy Days
79 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Sorry people, I was a bit late today with the upload; but here we go; after around 20 hours of Victoria 3 I have to say that a bit of more flavor was needed tbh. Other than that I've been listening to Irish music, it's really good I do recommend it; regardless I hope ya'll enjoy today's chapter as much as I had writing it <3

As the day came I got on my carriage and with only Nadia, my maid, by my side and we set forth towards the first chapter of the story, the dreaded academy arc I so vehemently despised.

"Sister, good luck on the school, try not to kill too many people alright?" Viktor said as he was saying goodbye to me. I hadn't seen him in a while, but it looked as if he had been injured, perhaps from our mother's so-called test; he was now wearing an eyepatch.

"Brother, here you can have this, I hope it can prove useful to you, since I can't really use it at the academy." I handed him over my favorite golden torture spoon, I continued "Let us hope you can be graced with my presence soon."

"Godspeed, sister." He said with a tear in his eye, while he turned back towards the house.

Both of my parents just said that I should make the family proud and to not kill too many people, other than that they barely even said anything before I left.

I have to say, I am a little bit mad, of course I understand that every stupid story must have an obligatory academy arc; its an easy setpiece to introduce the main characters and connect them. So in the case of the female lead being a commoner they can always make her a special case, such as a scholarship student, or someone incredibly gifted in magic; and sadly this story is no different… 

I was not looking forward to the academy, because the female lead was so disgustingly nice that it made me want to puke; I swear if I had a digestive system in my true body I would have puked…

I was truly going to miss the Edeltraud Grand Duchy, the nobles there were pragmatic, deadly and intelligent; the population hardy and strong, and even the monsters provided some entertainment.

I was already missing the place, but before I could start to even feel somewhat nostalgic a servant from the estate suddenly caught up to us and stopped the carriage; I could see my father on a horse rushing towards the carriage; for a second I thought that I would be saved from the academy, but he simply said "Oh, I forgot to tell you, you are the Edeltraud Grand Duchy official heir now; alright good luck!"

"What?!"

He looked at me with a grin on his face while stifling a laugh and rushed back to the estate.

After what my father told me the ride felt uneventful and boring; even when we found some bandits here and there they provided no entertainment, I guess I was too shocked with the whole heir thing, what did he mean that I was the Edeltraud Grand Duchy heir; is he insane?!

In the end the only thing I could really do was just watching the landscape change from the massive forests with hundreds of trees to more sparse grasslands with large cities, completely unlike the Edeltraud Territory with it's citadels, forts and castles, given that the amount of monsters would only allowed walled settlements to survive.

When we finally arrived at the academy, as soon as I stepped down from my carriage I could hear the murmurs and whispers about me.

"Isn't she Lilith Edeltraud? I've heard that she is completely insane, I'm scared of her to be honest."

"I heard that she once killed eleven people with a quill."

"That's so scary!"

I smirked at the gossipping students, which made them either go away or try to hide themselves from my gaze.

The student council even came out to welcome me, with the headmaster himself in front of everyone to greet me, "Your Highness, it is my pleasure to welcome you to the Almany Academy." He said while making a small bow.

I nodded as I started to walk forward, he quickly moved to the side and some of the academy workers started unloading my luggage from my carriage; there were only around 3 small cases, given that if I were to need anything else I could just buy it, or  perhaps even create it with magic.

The student council, which by this point was already full of all of those male lead looking guys, just stared at me with fear in their eyes, but there was only one who didn't look afraid.

Ignoring him, I kept on walking until he came forth and talked to me, the so-called president who wasn't even chosen, as he was the crown prince of the empire, Friederich Breytenbach, "Lady Edeltraud, I in the name of the Breytenbach Imperial Family personally welcomes you to the Almany Academy, if you need anything please don't doubt on asking me."

It was at this moment that the original Lilith fell in love with him, as no one had ever been nice to her; what a fickle person Lilith was, only a small sign of respect, nothing more than a formality made her fall in love, the weakness of that rodent disgusts me…

"Ah yes, I don't need anything, you can be on your way now, crown prince."

He looked at me with a weird look in his eyes, but I just ignored him. There was no point in talking to him right now; he may prove useful at some point, but it was not worth it.

He wasn't my objective of revenge, he simply was an unremarkable side character to me, even if he could be useful at some point, I knew for a fact that he would only bring trouble in the future.

I left him standing there with his mouth agape, perhaps he expected some respect or something like that; but why would I.

I could see him muttering something in the distance, but I didn't care enough and kept on walking forward, but soon Nadia said, "My lady, it seems that the crown prince said 'She's interesting, no one has ever treated me like that'."

"That sounds like a red flag Nadia, let's just ignore him."

"Alright my lady."

As I got into the dorms I saw how some of the workers sent me to a room on the end of the hallway, it was a massive room similar in size to the one of the Edeltraud estate.

I was being treated as a VIP since the very beginning; as expected, they wouldn't dare to insult the Edeltraud Grand Duchy, much less their most beloved daughter. How funny though, from being the most hated to the heiress, a fair amount of background has changed for Lilith.

Beforehand she was a spineless, holier-than-thou idiot, now she is seen as the very dangerous and genius heiress of the Edeltraud's, one of the most powerful Grand Duchies of the whole Empire, with a stranglehold on both the military and most of the magic.

I layed on the bed for what seemed like just a second, but Nadia quickly interrupted my rest with a sigh which prompted me to ask a question, "Nadia, why do you think they were glaring at me so much, have the rumors truly extended this far?"

"I don't doubt it, but metropolitan nobles are, well, extremely superficial and vain; so I reckon it may be because of your short hair or the fact that you don't wear dresses, but rather a military uniform?"

"Is it not normal? I've never seen my mother use a dress either."

"It is not common in the empire, Lady Edeltraud."

"Dresses are so uncomfortable though? Especially corsets, they limit movement too much in my opinion."

"My lady, can I ask a question?"

 "Go ahead Nadia."

"Why did you go along with this ordeal of going to the academy? I know you hate this place even more than you are letting me see. If you resisted, surely the family would have had to send someone else."

"I thought of destroying all of the family, honestly it would have proven interesting…"

"What?" For the first time in this life I had seen fear in her eyes.

"I have some plans here, a lot of things need to be done, some may call them long term plans; unfortunately for you, you are blind towards my goals… You can always enjoy the bloodbath though."

"Could you really go against the Edeltraud family though?" She seemingly ignored what I had just said and kept on thinking about the Edeltraud family, this could become a problem soon. Surprisingly she also was finally letting some of her more human emotions shine, I could see a lot of fear in her eyes; perhaps she knew what I was capable of, but perhaps I could tell her a bit more about me.

"You see Nadia, once I put my mind on something nothing on the whole universe can stop me; no matter if it's the emperor, no, even the gods themselves could never stop me; I have been holding back for so long that it is getting annoying; people call me a Genius of the Empire, but to be fair, I prefer my other nickname, the one you must have heard from our very own peasants, the Lady of the Gallows."

"What are you saying!?"

"Let me be honest with you Nadia, in this life I have found nothing but insects, vermin, and even more insects. Nadia, you claim to be loyal to the Edeltrauds, but that is honestly useless to me, I don't need you to be loyal to them, rather, I need you to be loyal to me."

"My lady, you know I…"

"Can't do that? Yes I honestly expected that answer, but fear not; for I have a solution to this dilemma, I'll just need to meddle a bit, but don't worry my dear, it should be done before you can say my name."

"Lilith Edeltraud?"

I couldn't hold myself anymore and exploded in boisterous laughter, "Ahhh, not that one Nadia, I'm referring to my real name."

"Wha…"

"My name you know; don't tell me you don't know it… Well, you should feel honored, my dear, this may be the last thing you will hear in your life, my name is Aiueguilp'kraykth."

As I said my name she collapsed on the floor unconscious, it was time to begin my rework on this pitiful maid. A shame to be honest, I rather liked this human, but I need a follower right now, not a spy for my family.

I stifled a laugh as I saw Nadia's unconscious body. I couldn't help but say "Trust me, this will hurt a lot, but I promise you won't remember any of it…"

1