Chapter 10 – The Time Left
69 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Apologies for taking so long to upload this chapter, the semester is ending and college is getting harsh, either way I hope yall enjoy the chapter <3

Having Ernaline with me has given me some peace of mind, people seem to be less scared of me, apparently she started to spread some other positive rumors about me, like the reason of me always using gloves is because I have a scar after trying to help someone out of fire and stuff like that; fondly enough I do have a burn scar on my hand, but it was from when a certain torture went sideways and I recieved a small injury.

To be honest, Ernaline did have a point, the people are getting somewhat better, they seem to not be too afraid of me anymore, and although it was unfortunate that they would try to talk to me more.

The plan hasn't really begun, not in its entirety, being here was only a small part of the plan, and extremely easy physically at that, but unfortunately it is extremely mentally taxing; as the next part is to wait, in this hellhole…

"Nadia."

"Ye… yes, my lady?" She had become terrified of me, I think her instinct didn't forget the memory manipulation magic, either way she will follow all of my orders, so I don't really mind.

"I want you to get a good assassin to follow a certain someone; they must never reveal themselves, stay hidden and report the situation once in a while."

"Who is the objective?"

"I want you to personally follow Ernaline, to keep me informed. Don't ever be discovered, I will personally dispose of you in a way you cannot even imagine."

"Alright my lady, but if I may ask, why would you aim your sights at your own friend?"

"Why do you care?"

"I-I'm sorr… sorry, my Lady."

"Well, I simply don't trust her, you know, something's fishy about her, but now do your mission."

"As you say, my Lady."

Now for more pressing matters, fortunately for me classes haven't begun yet, so I still need to choose my area; apparently the Academy had different areas, something else I did not know of until Ernaline told me; why was that never mentioned in the story is beyond me; but either way it seems that there are 5 areas, and probably the one that is the one full of the characters is the Noble Area, which trains people for stewardship and nobility as the name suggests.

In my case though that area feels absolutely disgusting; why would I focus on things like that when I have Ernaline to deal with all of those issues.

In my case I bet that joining the Martial Area is the best choice, teaching military strategy, doctrine, swordsmanship, among other things; although it is mostly chosen by second or third in the lineage, given that they can't really become heirs, it is not unheard of to have heirs studying Martial Skills.

I still have around two weeks before classes begin, so for now I will try to increase my standing with the help of Ernaline.

Soon enough, thanks to Ernaline I had gotten invited to a small tea party, with one called Elena Wertom, a noble from the capital. I think her father is something like a minister or something like that.

"So, tell me Lady Edeltraud, what did you do back in your Duchy? I have heard that you became the most renowned from the Duchy after proving yourself to your family, is that true?"

"Ahh, yes lady Wertom, the Duchy is constantly at war, so my participation led to swift victories."

The conversations were going well enough, most of the commoners were easy to talk to and amiable; but the nobles are very arrogant, those vermin should know when they are in the presence of their betters, but this lady Wertom seems to be somewhat agreeable.

"So Lady Wertom, did you hear that Lady Edeltraud has become the official heiress of the Edeltraud Grand Duchy?" Ernaline commented while covering her face with a fan.

"Oh my, I hadn't heard that, congratulations, Lady Edeltraud."

"It's nothing, my siblings simply refused the position; I honestly initially rejected it too, but my father kinda begged me to reconsider."

"Why?"

"The amount of liberty given to us is a great one, we choose our own classes and activities, I almost even rejected coming here until I was asked to for the sake of my siblings."

"Really, you already chose your own classes? You never told me that." Ernaline suddenly said with a look of surprise on her face.

"Oh yeah, I studied horsemanship and smithing."

"That doesn't seem noblelike." Elena Wertom said.

As I was about to respond, a servant rushed towards me, interrupting the conversation; he seemed very scared, perhaps he had heard the rumors about me, but he couldn't reject his orders, he quickly said, "Excuse me, Lady Edeltraud?"

"Who are you?"

"I'm just a servant , I've come to deliver a letter to you and Lady Ernaline."

"Ah letter huh? Nadia, if you will."

"Yes, Lady Edeltraud."

As she grabbed the letter, she quickly examined it and gave it to me; it simply was an invitation to a ball organized by the academy, but this time it was more interesting than before…

It was an invitation from the student council; this was annoying, not only because the ball was tonight, but also because I didn't need the student council for anything, but I was still being called upon for some reason. Could it be because they never see any Edeltraud outside of the border territories and are curious about me?

Either way I could not really reject the letter, it disgusts me to have to follow the orders of lesser beings, but what can be done, apparently some of the most important students were being invited to a small ball, and I had to go…

"And now our time is over, I have to go now Lady Wertom."

"Ahh, I see."

"Ohh, before I go…" She looked at me attentively, and I continued, "Listen here you bitch, I will do whatever I damn please, so if you think my hobbies are not ladylike, then I will show you what some of my more 'unladylike' hobbies are, and I assure you, you wont like them." I said with a wide smile on my face while she looked both taken aback and terrified, while Ernaline just stood there with a grin on her face, but before either of them could even respond I stood up and went on my way.

"Let's get going Nadia."

"Yes, Lady Edeltraud."

1