A Week Before 4
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silent.

It's been a while since he saw her.

Although he has many things to ask, he doesn't know how to start.

"On January."

"Hm?"

Ayase suddenly starts to talk.

"In January, the instructor will give classes 4 and 5 another chance for students to transfer to the mage knight department."

"Oh, yeah. The instructor already said it."

Silence appears again.

"Did you regain your memories?"

"Well… Still, not."

"I see… before I continue I apologize."

Hearing this, he felt stunned because she apologize out of nowhere.

He doesn't know why so he asks.

"For what?"

"Ever since I left you, did you try to recall what are the promises you tell me?"

"Yeah…"

In fact, he always tries to remember every day but no matter what he does, no memories are coming back.

"I know your circumstances but I still become selfish and decided to let yourself remember."

"It's alright..."

'Huh? wait a minute…'

Suddenly, he realized something.

"Wait a minute! You said 'are' right? It means I made a promise more than one?"

"Well, not that a lot. Only two."

Hearing this, he inwardly sigh in relief then she continued.

"One is to be a mage knight with me to show the world how powerful my sword technique is that we learned from my father. and two…"

She hesitate to say the second one however, seeing her expression, it seem that it was very embarrassing to say but he felt that there is irritation in it too.

He doesn't know why but his heart thump and thump while thinking what the hell the past Aoto promised to her.

"And two, you will make me your first bride…"

"Eh?"

Without any hesitation, he saw her fist was about to hit his stomach.

His eyes could keep up with her movement but his weak body could not so the punch laid hit hard as he spurt some saliva.

"Seriously, why did I like this kind of person? My younger self is truly blind but…"

She mumbles while walking away from him.

Unfortunately, Aoto can't hear it because her punch is boosted by mana so his world is spinning right now.

"Sunday, 9 am at the plaza. You need to make up for what I lost."

'What did you lose?'

However, he is on the verge of breaking down and so… he lost consciousness.

Meanwhile, Ayase already leaves his home.

Some minutes later…

Waking up, he still feels the punch he took.

He sits on the couch and analyzes what she said earlier while rubbing his stomach.

'So my promise is just your typical shounen-romance promises like "I wanna be the very best like no one ever was" or "I want to change the world." 

But I didn't think that way since I thought there is a mystery genre in my life. 

Although a mecha fantasy is, it still does not work the way I want. 

Well, other than that, I learned that I used to play swords and learn their arts and techniques from her father. 

From what I remember, her father has the title of "the last samurai" which might be the reason why my past self and she wanted to spread how strong her father's sword technique by being a mage knight. 

Still, being a mage knight is just a step one. For her father's technique to become known to the world, she needs to join a tournament or join in a big battle or war.

Nevertheless, it is not the time to think about that since it's still not a problem.

Sunday.

I think I need to ready my body or face.'

Looking up at the ceiling, he empties his mind to relax. 

(A/N: 4)

2