Ch 3. Slayers
589 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, join ->

www.pa_treon.com/kurato6180

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

Before explaining about Slayers Academy, we have know what Slayers are. 

When The Empire wasn't formed, there were many small countries. And in order to gain land and resources, The Empire as a center started occupying neighbouring countries one by one. Through politics and warfare, The Empire was slowly gaining power. But as history goes many countries were showing resistance.

And one of them is the neighbouring country of Empire named Laventine. If someone choose which country is most peaceful, then Laventine would be first choice. The reason The Empire couldn't occupy Laventine was due to its terrain advantage. Laventine country is covered by mountains and forests. Having war on mountains is a heavy task. 

But why Empire couldn't attack through the forests? It is because the forests aren't normal. This is Demon forest. A forest with full of magical beasts from small rabbit to Ex class dragons. And surprisingly 90% beasts are magical. Which means most of the beasts know the usage of mana. If a normal person goes in then, he/she wouldn't be able to come back alive.

The Empire couldn't take a risk. They were left with the option of mountain warfare. But it didn't work as Laventine country was a nation which mostly had mountains warfare in country's history. Laventine was a country specialised in mountain warfare. No matter how the Empire lead the offense it didn't work.

Now if mountain didn't work then, Empire decided to use the forest route. They started hiring adventurers and started recruiting people who have affinity towards mana. And after making preparations, they attacked through the forest.

And it was a huge success!! Laventine country was taken aback. After all nobody thought that Empire would attack through the forest.

But this surprise attack didn't last long. Due to quick preparations of Laventine country, the King of Laventine was able fend off the Empire. 

After series of war, war entered a period of slatemate. And Empire signed a peace treaty with Laventine Country and war ended.

But due to this forest warfare, the demand of special soldiers were increased. The special soldiers or normally we can say the soldiers who can use mana are called Slayers.

Every country started cultivating the Slayers and thus Slayers Academy was created. Slayers are given plenty of privileges and also have a good reputation between people. For poor people this was a chance to become a civil officer and the popularity of Slayers increased to maximum. Now 

becoming Slayer is dream among children. Children from away villages come to capital to become Slayer.

Differences between Adventurer and Slayer is that Adventurer has more freedom and adventurers mostly work for own benefit. They takes risks for gain. In other words - Adventurers are selfish people. 

But Slayers are different. They are given privileges but they have to work for country and have to follow orders. 

Like adventurers, Slayers also have classes. By the measurement of mana pool, they are classified into several classes. From E class to S Class. They are same as Adventurers. And Alex is an Ex class adventurer. Which means he atleast four times stronger than a S class. ( S Class→SS Class→SSS Class→EX Class)

And due to his achievements, King personally invited him and gave rewards as he is strongest person in this country.

Now as he is 16 years old, he can still join Academy. But it wouldn't benefit him in anyway.

With a headache Alex thinks, "What to do? In the letter is written to join the academy. And the reason is because that old hag wants me to make friends. Though due to my Adventurer job I don't have any friends but it doesn't mean I will join Academy."

Alex crumples the letter and throws in dustbin. And goes to bedroom. After couple of minutes he comes back and takes out the admission letter, which earlier he had thrown in dustbin and puts it in drawer. 

" Maybe attending academy wouldn't be bad."

Alex then lies on bed and opened the system. 

" Open Status"

=========================

[ Status ]

[ Name - Alex ??? ]

[ Race - Human ??? ]

[ Lineage - ??? ]

[ Titles :

[ One With Nature : Makes body fully compatible with all types of energy ( mana, ki , etc) and can absorb energy of any amount from nature without any difficulty. Due to becoming one with Vitality is unlimited. ]

[ The Forgotten One { Completion rate 20%}: ??? ]

[ Dragon Slayer : Offense increased by 50% against dragon kins. Dragons instinctively will feel fear due to title. ]

[ The Chosen One : All items or weapons can be used. All weapon will choose you as their master instinctively. ]

===========================

[ Level - 100 ( Max ) ]

[ STR - 999 ]

[ DEX - 867 ]

[ VIT - ∞ ]

[ INT - 765 ]

===========================

[ Points - 53848 ]

===========================

[ Skills : Mana control ( Ex ), Mana conversion ( Ex ), Hyper regeneration ( S ), Elemental Magic ( SS ), Full Contact Karate ( A ), Instinct ( S ), Breathing Technique ( Ex ), Observation Haki ( Ex ), Armament Haki ( Ex ), Conqueror Haki ( Ex), Plant Manipulation ( B+), ...]

===========================

" Seriously, haven't I became a bit overpowered? But it is fruits of my training. Specially Haki training took me 4 years to master it. While for some reason Plant Manipulation isn't ranking up. Something is blocking it. Well I will see it later.

My strength have reached maximum. After all I got 5 drops of Ackerman's blood as reward from certain quest. When I only one drop my bone and muscle density skyrocketed. And it took me several months to adjust to strength. Now my body have integrated fully with 5 drops of blood. 

Elemental Magic also have been mastered. Titles are also awesome. But that forgotten one is from the time when I reincarnated with 20% completion rate. I have never known its use. 

The Chosen one will help me in wielding the Kusanagi No Tsurugi sword ( The grasscutter ). I got it as reward but it couldn't be used by me. But now I will use it. Kusanagi sword can control winds, and it will help me for now. By the way I haven't accepted my rewards from previous quest."

[ Wish to accept rewards? Yes/ No ]

" Yes. Who would say no!! "

[ Rewards have been given in inventory. ]

" Let's see the rewards. First let's open the legendary pack."

[ Wish to open Random Legendary Pack x1? Yes/ No ]

" Yes."

[ Rewards distributing.....]

[ Rewards have been finalized. ]

[ Ame No Habikiri Sword x1, Lineage Mixer x1, Baetyles stone x1 ]

[ Ame No Habikiri : A legendary sword also known as Sword of Storm God. It was used Susanoo to kill Yamato no Orochi. This sword has power to pull out maximum power of all natural elements ( Fire, Water, Wind, Ice ). But if the user doesn't have the capability then it takes high toll on body and users life force might be drained. ]

[ Lineage Mixer : A item to mix any lineage into one. ]

[ Baetyles : A stone contains absurd amount of life within. As long a person is breathing no matter whatever state he/she is in, it can bring them to life. ]

" The rewards are good except that lineage Mixer. I don't even need that. But still have an extra item doesn't hurt. Now let's drink the fountain of youth."

Alex gets fountain of youth from the inventory. A light pink juice, with flowery scent in a vial appears in his hand. He opens it and drinks.

" Hmm.. A bit sweet taste like nectar but more concentrated. It looks like nothing changed in my body. Is it fake?"

[ Ding! Fountain of Youth have been consumed. ]

[ Race have been changed from Human to Demigod. ]

[ Level Cap have been increased. 100→150 ]

[ Stats Cap have been increased. 1000→1500 ]

[ Lineage have been changed from ??? to Demigod??? ]

[ Hyper regeneration have ranked up !! ( S )→( SS) ]

" Whoa !! A bunch of notifications. Now I can level up!! I thought I became strongest. But looks like it was within human limits. Now I have broken the limits. Lineage and Race can affect the Level and Stats. Now accept the next reward."

[ Wish to accept 3rd shard of The Forgotten One? Yes/No ]

" Why it is showing once more? Well whatever. I just have to click Yes."

Alex clicked. And suddenly strong pain started in his head.

" Aahhh!!!! Aahhh!! What is this pain!!! So painful!!! What are this memories ??"

And suddenly Alex faints.

14