Chapter 16
122 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join the discord:https://discord.gg/JzyCkr4Vb5


It's been another week for Shen Feng and he thinks of his father, he could remember the small number of times he and his siblings spent near him. Whenever he looked into his father's eyes he saw nothing but disappointment, when he would create drawings for his father he would later find it in the trash.

His mother on the other hand besides wanting to procreate with his father all day would pay him no attention and even the servants in the mansion would ignore his existence as if he was worth nothing as if he could bring no value to the family.

That was until he met his aunt and with thoughts of her coming into his mind, he blushed externally as he smiled a big grin shining on his face that was unusual to anyone who was used to him.

But then he started frowning as he started thinking of his elder brother who was a commoner, who hasn't looked at with disappointment but instead what he perceived as slight love that Shen Yue stole.

"It should belong to me," Thought Shen Feng angrily before opening a bottle of his special medicine and ingesting all of it. He had a plan and with the assistance of his beautiful aunt, he would be one step closer to marrying the woman of his dreams and getting rid of the scum who made his day filled with pain every day.

Today was the day Shen Yue and Shen Feng hunted for food and berries. For the past week, Shen Yue had been studying the forest they were in called red-cliff forest due to the many bloodstained cliffs after the beast war that took place to establish Glory city.

He had visited the man landmarks around the forest during his trips and today was the day he would be visiting the blood saint cliff where a special kind of berries grew that raised the quality of soul force in the body allowing for a higher realm awakening once turning ten.

"So how did you enjoy the trip so far little brother, I think Aunt Xiu did a great job." Spoke Shen Yue and he was very happy since he recently managed to start getting along with another one of his brothers. He picked up his aunt as a topic since he noticed that Shen Feng acted differently when she was mentioned .His eyes would light up like candle lights in the night and a goofy grin would show on his face along with a blush like a red tomato.

Shen Yue was worried that his brother liked his aunt a bit too much and as an older brother thought it was his duty to try and dissuade him from his thoughts.

As usual Shen Feng's attitude changed as he started speaking about her with visible changes on his face but this time the smile was off putting and slightly more creepy than it already was.

"She's the best (I)  anyone could ask for and I enjoyed every moment of (suffering) it. Sadly soon (your life) will end. I am jealous of whoever(besides me) marries her."  Spoke Shen Feng with worship in his eyes.

"I enjoyed the trip too but I think we could have done with visiting the alchemy association and spending less time at the history section at the inscription association and instead watching the Inscriptionist making weapons and armor. Shen Yue said to Shen Feng without holding back causing Shen Feng's face to twist for a second before quickly changing back.

"I disagree, the history section was very interesting. Did you hear about red-spirit berries on the saint-blood cliff?" Asked Sheng Feng whose eyes were flaming with desire.

"Yes, in fact, I have memorized a map to the Clift and can take us there to see if we could find any berries." Shen Yue responded quickly, as he started to walk away from the campsite along with Shen Feng in the direction of the Clift.

"Let's go and see if we get lucky. We could improve our talent and ensure we at least won't get a red soul realm that would embarrass the family. " Shen Feng spoke as they walked slowly to the cliff, taking their time as the whispers in Shen Feng's mind increased in frequency and volume. To avoid ruining the plan and settle some things in his mind he began to tell the story of the cliff.

"It was a dark and stormy night when our ancestor was fighting the remnant of the red jade family, a half commoner who was trying to claim his spot as their heir to the family along with the treasure that was seized away into our family vaults.  Alongside him during the battle was his brother who never received as much love as the others did." It was then they arrived at a stop facing the top of the cliff and due to Shen Yue's love for knowledge he disregarded the dangerous signs he might be in due to having gained some trust in his brother over the trip.

"He was treated as second fiddle, his family looking at him with disappointment with whatever he did and his resources for cultivation were taken away by his brother. But the most complex thing was that his brother was the kindest to him and always had eyes of love when looking at him." Spoke Shen Feng twitching continuously before he continued.

He felt alone since despite the obvious love his brother had he was too busy cultivating to play or train with him so he painted for most of his days until he met the love of his life."Shen feng stopped speaking when he got there and for 5 minutes was completely silent the roars in his mind growing louder.

"So what happened to the eldest brother?" Questioned, Shen Yue thought for it to have been a two and one situation something had to have turned the tides and at this point they were both at the edge of the cliff.

"After stealing his younger brother's wife he was pushed down the cliff-" Before Shen Yue could realize what was happening he felt a force that he couldn't resist sending him flying down below the cliff. His eyes widening in realization as the world slowed to a crawl, he could see the raging flames in his brother's eyes that covered the dark abyss in his mind. The roars of depraved beasts could be heard from Shen Feng's voice as he smiled and laughed crazily.

He had done it.

Shen Feng had finally gotten rid of the scum that plagued his world. Next was the start of what he thought would be a glorious and hard earned career.

"Then he said something I will keep in my heart to this day..." He said smiling to himself and continuing the story.

"You left yourself a vulnerable dumbass!" Shouted Shen Feng with glee before walking off and spitting down the cliff in hopes of it landing on Shen Yue's face. 

Thankfully it did not.

"Never trust anyone but the goddess Xiu ." Shen Feng Thought to himself as he tried to not show the joy on his face and picked some berries on the way to calm himself down. The cliff was huge so Shen Yue was still falling

"Fuck!" Shen Yue said as he reached for the cliff trying to grab and hold onto the protruding vines but after successfully managing to hold onto them the initial force coming down was too big causing the vines to snap.

His eyes dilated in shock, his heart quickened akin to a racecar as his body felt a cold wave of fear wash over his mind. The only thought in his head at the time was "I am going to die." He was unwilling! He was reincarnated from his luxurious previous life for a chance at real power but it was all ruined by his own hands.

He should have been more cautious and aware like in his previous life.

It was foolish just to think that because of his status in the family no one would try to kill him and if he did not have the thoughts of having plot armor due to being reincarnated as the first antagonist of the novel he wouldn't be in any danger.

Instead, now he was falling.

Further.

and further.

and further into his death.

When someone is in their final moments before death they see their life flashing before their eyes and sometimes that can spur on a new will and strength that will last after death. Shen Yue could see himself in this life, he could also see himself in his previous life.

The wheel of reincarnation begins to turn once more.

His eyes opened.

I am alive.

A strange but familiar cold energy awakened within him, time in his perception slowed to a crawl his thoughts moved a lot faster and he felt control like never before as if he was an emperor giving his commands as the icy energy went from his body to his mind.

Using the now supreme control over his body and processing speed he used his hands to grab some nearby stones that were sticking out of the cliff. Because the force from the fall was too grand he continued to fall but by using the stones to slow down his descent bit by bit by colliding with the cliff he made his way downward.

During this time he had to keep an eye on the Size of his rocks and even had to switch them out once in order to continue down the cliff as safe as possible. But by that point, he was halfway down the cliff and it was a very smooth slope.

Left with no other options he tried his best to use his parkour skills to reduce the height of his eventual fall.  So delicately he used his parkour skills and stared down calmly at spikes of rocks below,  jumping from one spike to another took a lot more control and strength which in the end caused him to fall down in fatigue.

He then continued falling and landed on the ground with a hard thud after scraping against a rock.

He felt a bone-crushing and gushing sensation as he hit the ground with intense fatigue passing out.

0