Chapter 24: I’m Not Melting! I-I Think…
44 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’ve made an official friend! I’m happy! I have Luke and a friend, and high school is going to be wonderful! Mom! Sis!

“—Luke, I don’t understand this problem…” Olivia’s words suddenly entered my ears.

Right… I have the window seat; Luke is beside me to the right…Olivia, my new friend, is cute, a little clumsy, and shy… her seat is right beside Luke’s…

“Hm? Oh, x is 5, y is 2,” Luke said after leaning over.

“Luke, I don’t think you should give me the answer…” Olivia sighed.

They seem friendly…Luke, who’s usually cold-looking, was currently helping Olivia catch up. Of course, she had a neighbour to the front, back, and side, but…she’s a bit too shy around guys—she…really must’ve thought that he was a girl…somehow…I feel bad for Luke.

And the only girl in front of her was helping another girl who struggled more than her.

*Sigh*

As I let a sigh escape my lips, Luke tentatively turned to me. “Hm? Lilly? What’s wrong?” he softly inquired.

Olivia looked concerned as well, for some reason.

Come on…it’s just a sigh…

“It’s nothing,” I replied calmly. “I…might feel slightly jealous, I suppose,” I added.

Pff, Lilly,” Luke said as he reached and poked my cheek. “Soft and puffy,” he commented.

“Lilly, I won’t steal him!” Olivia expressed with a glint in her eyes.

“I-It isn’t like that at all…”

And around, the other classmates whispered among themselves. It’s not like I don’t hear you! G-Geez…saying that I’ve melted or something along those lines… I wasn’t cold, was I? At least toward the girls.

Okay…I, perhaps, am jealous. Wait…I said that already—is my mouth faster!?

“S-Sorry…maybe a little…” I admitted.

“I totally think you’ve melted,” Luke said smugly.

“…..”

“Melted?” Olivia tilted her head.

As she said so, the others giggled; some looked awkward, and it seemed like Olivia took note of it. She seemed confused and even more perplexed, turning her head as she looked around.

“…did I say something funny?” she asked, tilting her head to the other side.

…this girl…is she unconsciously doing it? If so…isn’t she too innocent and cute!?

Luke, on the other hand, looked like he was holding in his laughter. He got up from his seat for some reason and started to walk toward me.

Hm? What is he doing?

Until he suddenly walked behind me and—

*Squeeze*

His arms were wrapped around my body, and his head leaned onto mine—and I could feel his chin resting on my head!

A-Awawawaaa, Luke! What are you doing in the classroom in the middle of class! W-Well, not that I dislike it nor care too much about the stares from others—never mind I totally care! They’re staring and some even hit the floor with their chin!

L-Look! Mister Henry is standing there while crossing his arms with a wry smile while his eyebrows twitch! Wait…he can do that!?

Nonono, Aaah! Miss little heart, try keeping it slow and steady—hey, don’t just keep racing too fast! I’ll die!

“See, she’s melting,” Luke calmly said as he continued to hug me tight.

“Y-Yes… she’s totally melting!” Olivia blushed while hiding behind the curtains of her hands.

*Ahem!* Mister Henry coughed while glaring at us.

“Luke, Lilly, I know it’s exciting and all—especially after you start dating however…this is a classroom! Don’t you feel sorry for all of us single people?!”

“Yeah, that’s right!” some of the other classmates shout in an uproar.

During the whole ordeal, however, Luke only sighed while still looking cool and calm.

“Mister Henry, you have a wife and two kids; don’t you find your statement incredibly hypocritical?” he calmly answered.

“Wh-What?!” Mister Henry retorted.

However, all the students who agreed with him and made an uproar prior to Luke’s comment turned to their homeroom teacher with bloodshot eyes.

“TRAITOR! MISTER HENRY THE TRAITOR!” they chanted.

“W-Wait I—”

“TRAITOR!”

Luke then slammed his fist on my desk two times. “Ahem!” he cleared his throat loudly. “Silence. Silence in the court!” he exclaimed.

All eyes turned to him.

“So, class, do you find Mister Henry guilty!?” he raised his voice.

“Yes!” they replied in unison—until one of them said, “Wait…why are you the judge!? Aren’t you as guilty!?” he claimed.

Luke shook his head.

“No, I am but a simpleton; Mister Henry, on the other hand, has kids and is married; I just have a loving girlfriend,” he calmly replied.

“O-Oh!”

Wait, you’re convinced by that!?

“Wait, you guys seriously buy that!?” Mister Henry exclaimed.

Mister Henry…I don’t think anyone’s listening…

Ah…Miss Heart has calmed down…wait, that’s not it!

What’s going on!? Why do we have a court case right now? Huh? Luke!?

“But…you might be right, Classmate Y; I might not fit this prosperous role. Hence, I shall hand it over to you,” Luke said.

“L-Luke! Wait, I have a name. It’s—”

“Oooh! Great judge, rule in the witnesses and proceed with this case!”

“R-Right! Witness, step forward!”

“Wait, are you just going to ignore the fact he doesn’t even know your name—” Mister Henry tried to say something…

“Silence, Mister Suspect!”

…I…am in an academically good school, right…?

But then, suddenly, I felt a soft sensation on my cheek—it was Luke’s lips!

‘Lilly, you’re melting,’ Luke gently whispered.

Aaa-aaawaaa!? H-His breath was ticklish

W-Wait!? D-Did he just sneak in a kiss while everyone was in uproar!?

Wait, Olivia witnessed it all and is hiding behind her hands! Wait, why are you peeking if you feel embarrassed seeing it!?

Awawaawwaaa!

Luke is too bold!

But I won’t lose! I won’t lose! I won’t lose!

With those words echoing in my head, I swiftly turned around.

But

*Chu*

…..

Our lips accidentally met!?

“H-Hey! They just kissed—” Mister Henry tried to voice.

But

“I said silence, Mister Suspect! Wait, you’re already guilty!” 

I…don’t remember much after that, and class came to an end.

3