Chapter 26: Dammit, life isn’t fair!
40 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After calming down, Luke introduced Kayle and Shu to Olivia and me. Kayle was a little rough-looking, but on a closer look, he seemed more—never mind, he seemed annoyed still

Regardless of how he seems, he was a lot less intimidating than I initially thought. Though I stay away from him, it’s not like I’m treating him differently from other guys—Luke being the only exception.

I know I can’t treat them all coldly, but…

“N-Nwice to meesh you!” Olivia bit her tongue.

“Olivia, right?” Kayle replied casually.

“Yes…” she replied shyly, hiding behind me.

“…there’s no need for that cold look, is there?” Kayle asked as he shifted his gaze from Olivia to me.

I got scolded by a delinquent-looking guy…?

“Sorry…”

“Hmph,” Kayle scoffed, crossing his arms as he somewhat awkwardly looked away.

“C’mon Kayle…could you be a little nicer to her at least? You too, Lilly. I know you don’t like guys, but he’s quite nice once you get to know him,” Luke said as he put his arm around Kayle’s shoulder.

“I don’t mind her or anything,” Kayle grumbled.

“Sorry…I’m not good with guys in general…” I confessed.

“No shit Sherlock, I can tell,” he replied somewhat condescendingly.

Unexpectedly, Oliva stood up, crossing her arms. Her cheeks were puffed, and she seemed angry for some reason.

“Y-You shouldn’t say such mean things to Lilly!” she said.

Olivia

“Huh? Who are you to tell me what to do?” Kayle snidely remarked.

His words were harsh and crude, but… I didn’t expect Olivia to tear up. She sat back down, and her face was all red—she hugged me.

There’s no helping it, I thought as I rubbed her back.

Honestly, why does Luke have a friend like him?

I briefly glanced at my boyfriend, who was oddly quiet in this exchange. However, he only heaved a sigh.

“Kayle is a little awkward, you two; he doesn’t actually mean what he said,” Luke said.

“Huh!? What do you know?!” Kayle retorted with a bright red face.

“Listen, it’s not like Lilly nor Olivia is going to make fun of you for your girly name, okay?” Luke continued.

“…..”

Girly name? Oh, I never thought about it…was he perhaps teased because of his name…?

“So-Sorry you two,” Kayle said, his face away from us, but his ear with a piercing was somewhat red. “I’m not good with chicks, and…well, you two might be different…”

“See?” Luke turned to me with a gentle smile as a chuckle escaped his mouth. “He’s just a bit shy.”

He then turned to Kayle again with a somewhat cold smile.

“Also, Kayle, please do not be so rude toward my girlfriend—even though we’re friends, and you’ve apologised to her and Olivia, I won’t let it slip next time.”

*Gulp*

I-I never knew Luke could be so scary

“G-Got it…” Kayle replied, looking flustered.

—then, Olivia peeked from behind my back, peering at the blond boy.

“Hm? What are you—is there something on my face?” he corrected himself as he addressed Olivia.

“Ah, n-no! I was just… it’s the first time I’ve seen such a bad boy up close.”

“…..”

Olivia?!

At her words, Kayle grinned and pointed his thumb toward himself with a clenched fist and a confident look. “Ha! I’m the badest boy you’ll find around—” only to be chopped on the head by Luke.

“Quit that already; it’s not good to get into fights, dumbass,” he sighed. “So? Did you get into more fights since last time?”

“…I didn’t.”

“That’s good.”

…..

Oddly enough, I don’t feel repulsed by him at all. Was it because I got to know his circumstances better? He’s oddly obedient to Luke; is it because Luke is his only friend? Then…that’s not too different from me…

I don’t know whether it is likely or not, but… I don’t think we can’t be friends. It's likely going to happen sooner or later if we hang out, right?

He seems to be Luke’s only male friend—except for Shu, but…that cat doesn’t like me. I mean… It’s still glaring at me, but it’s not hissing, at least…

Ugh

Do I have to befriend this cat too!?

— :::: —

As lunch break came to an end, we headed back to the classrooms—I realised something. We have P.E…

Luckily, I…don’t know why, but Mom probably told Luke’s Mom to buy more than a pair of underwear for yesterday’s stayover…

At first, I didn’t think I’d be able to participate, but Luke had an extra uniform. Luke is a little taller than me, but other than that, I fit perfectly into his clothes. Even the white shirt fits perfectly…

I sighed, and unconsciously, I placed my palm on my chest—there wasn’t much, but something there, at least!

I-I swear it’s not just the bra’s padding!

…who am I even making excuses to? I know—even Luke knows they’re but a small speed bump on the road...

I wanna cry…and it doesn’t help when I look at Olivia! That’s unfair!

D-Don’t worry, Lilly! You can at least feel a speed bump!

Yup

“L-Lilly…sorry for taking some time…my shirt got a little stuck…I thought it was the right size, but it’s just a little too small around my chest…” Olivia said shyly.

“……”

CURSES!

They’re just lumps of fat anyways!

Dammit, life isn’t fair!

 

A/N 

I planned to release two chapters today, but...it's likely going to be 1. I mean... I found the audio cable to my WMX5 accidentally, so I was listening to music instead XD

 

 

2