Chapter 4: Crap I made Her Cry…
420 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alone with a girl that I don’t know so well… and she is adorable to boot… crap. Is my sanity still intact? Well, whatever, I’ll just agonize over it later. 

Looking out the window, it was still pouring down hard, and Lilly was staring at me. I don’t really know how to interact with her since we only talked a few times. 

“You’re kinda staring… is there something on my face?” 

“H-huh? I was staring…? I'm sorry, it’s just that this is the first time I've been alone with a guy….” 

She blushed and fidgeted, looking all cutesy. Great! She recognized me as a guy, Ha! Take that, Kayle! 

“I see. It's the same for me.” 

“... That’s a lie….” Lilly said while pouting. 

“Huh? No… why would I lie about that?” 

Lilly looked into the cup and puffed her cheeks before saying, 

“Y… you seemed so used to it, bringing home a girl, I mean.” 

“...? How so?” 

I was curious, why does she think a virgin and friendless guy like me… never mind, I do have a friend now, but why does she think a looser like me will have girls around me? 

Lilly blushed as she looked around the room. She tried hard to not look at me as she was probably thinking of a good way to reply. She hid behind her hair again and hugged her knees at the same time as she sneaked a glance at me with her innocent eyes. 

“You seemed cold at first, and it seemed like you didn't want anyone to approach you. When you shared your math textbook, you were so nice.”

Well, that's only natural, I think… 

“And when you invited me to your house, you reached out your hand as if it was nothing. You lent me your clothes and let me use the shower. Not only that, you can cook and treat me so nicely….”

I mean, c’mon, I’d feel guilty if you caught a cold, and I can't just leave you like that. 

“Y-you also held my hand when I tried to grab my eraser, I-I thought it was a coincidence at first, but you did it intentionally! You flirt!” 

Ahaha, I mean, how could I not tease you at the time? You were just so cute. But well, I do admit that I was overstepping my boundaries. Did I even apologize for that? Uh… I don’t think I did, but hey, you called me a flirt? I feel like teasing you even more now. 

Putting down my cup on the table and getting closer to her, she looked at me with a surprised face, and as I was leaning toward her, she closed her eyes. Is she expecting something? There is no way, right? She’s probably scared. 

Our faces were now close, but I'm not planning on doing anything, okay? I'm a coward, after all. 

“How about you then? The respectable ice queen who is only harsh to guys. What made you follow me here? Were you expecting something?” 

After whispering into her ears, I felt a little guilty. Is this going too far? I mean. I know why she agreed to come; it is way better than the cold wind and rain. Having regret saying all that, I apologized. 

“Sorry, I was being mean, wasn’t I?” 

Lilly slowly opened her eyes, and tears started to build, and she sobbed. I feel bad… aaah crap… what should I do? I don’t know how to comfort a girl, nor a guy for that matter…. But. 

I put my arms around the sobbing girl and patted her head. I’m not sure this would work, but my father would pat me on the head whenever I felt down, and my mother would hug me…. I don’t know any other way to comfort people, okay? 

Yes. When I work on this, you probably guess it... I'm stuck on my other series....

9