Chapter 6: I Think I’m The One Melting…
384 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In my kitchen, I could hear a girl’s sob… and I will tell you, this isn’t me making her cry part 2, okay? We’re actually cooking, and she is chopping the onions. So I didn’t do anything this time. Okay? 

She finished chopping the onions and put the knife away. She then looked at me, and her teary face was so cute that it made me want to protect her at all costs. 

So I couldn’t watch her like that anymore and wiped away her tears with a handkerchief. Lilly looked stunned and lowered her head.

She then turned up and looked me straight in the eyes. Her face was red, and tears still ran down her cheeks. And I continued to wipe away the tears from her adorable face.

“... Are you okay?” 

“I’m fine now. Thank you….” 

“I see. Sorry, I was going to sharpen the knife, but I forgot about it.” 

Lilly shook her head. 

“No, it isn’t your fault. I’m a little clumsy and can’t really cut it without damaging the cells….” 

“... If you say so. But still, it would have been easier if the knife was sharper….” 

“.... No, it’s still my fault because I'm sort of clumsy.” 

“......” 

“…..”

She won't let me take the blame for this, won't she? She’s cute…. It feels like I’m seeing something I shouldn't. She’s the cold princess, elegant and perfect. But this was so cute. Should I really be seeing this?

“Pfff, haha, okay, fine. We’re both at fault. How about that?” 

“No, I'm the only one at fault.” 

She was still stubborn and puffed her cheeks. How adorable isn’t that? It made me want to poke her cheeks… so I did. 

“You’re so stubborn,” I said while poking the air out of her puffy cheeks. 

Lilly looked grumpy, turned around, hid behind the counter, and poked her head out. It seems like I've teased her too much, and she even went into hiding. 

“C’mon, stop hiding. Let's continue cooking, shall we?” 

She pouted again and huffed while turning her head away. 

“Hmpf, meanie.” 

… You’re melting my heart… Should I tease her in class too? No, what if other guys saw her? I don’t want that…. 

—::::—

After the back-and-forth with Lilly, my parents came back home. And the food was soon ready to be served. 

My mom poked her head into the kitchen and saw Lilly and me cooking together. She covered her mouth and became teary. 

“Papaaaa! Our little Luke is cooking together with a girl!” 

After Mom yelled that, Dad stuck his head into the kitchen too. 

“Oh, hamburger steak with potatoes? Smells good as usual.” 

“Thanks, Dad. Lilly and I are soon done. You can wait in the living room.” 

“Got it.” 

Mom then came back and sneaked a peek into the kitchen. She was quietly sobbing, so Dad had to drag her away. 

“.....” 

“... Your parents sure get along, don’t they?” Lilly said with a faint yet distant smile. 

“How about your parents?” 

I know I’m stepping into a minefield, but I have a feeling she will tell me about it, and it doesn’t look like she was uncomfortable with me asking. 

Before answering, Lilly smiled softly and looked at me with pure eyes. 

“My Dad passed away due to illness, but he was kind and got along well with Mom and Sis. So I felt a little lonely seeing how well your parents got along…. Dad also used to pat my head, and I really liked it.” 

“I see…” I replied while I wasn’t sure how to. 

“He patted my head, and I liked it….” 

She was saying that while sneaking a glance at me. 

“......” 

“Still likes it….” 

And she was turning red at this point. 

Okay, she wants me to pat her head, doesn't she? Should I play along or tease her? What do you guys think? 

“The sauce to the hamburger steak lacks a little salt.” Said No.3 

“Yeah, and the potatoes got a little mushier than I’d like…” continued No.2 

“Aren’t you guys harsh? I think it's fine, though?” Said No.1 

“You guys have no intention of answering, do you?” I asked.

“.....” 

It seems like they won't be of any help again, but oh well…. 

I reached out my hand and placed it on Lilly’s head. Her hair was silky and smooth. 

I gently stroked her head as she leaned onto my chest. 

My parents were also poking their heads into the kitchen…. Ahh, I became flustered, and Lilly, who realized I had stopped patting her, saw my parents and turned red instantly. And I could see steam coming out of her. 

She tried distancing herself from me but slipped and fell backward. Snapping out of it, I grabbed her hand in time and pulled her toward me, and we ended up in an embrace. 

“Dear, we should leave the youngsters,” Dad said and dragged my pale mother away. 

Lilly, who was embarrassed, just hugged me and buried her face in my chest as if she was hiding from my parents and me…. I could also feel my face burning up from the embarrassment. But she was just too damn cute like this so that I couldn’t move! 

10