Chapter 10: Lilly’s Un/Lucky…
297 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 …It’s been two weeks already, and no progress… Ahhhh.

I’m so done with myself! 

I’m just rolling around in bed like a hopeless girl in love, like in those tv series! Wait! I am a girl in love…. 

“.....” 

Luke… seems to always be alone and doesn’t talk to anyone. I’d believe him to be a sociable guy since he reached out to help me that day…. 

He is still cool, though! 

Just thinking of him made my face get mushy as I let out a weird giggle. 

Hehehe~”

“... Lilly.” 

“Ah… Mom, this is… um, help me! Moooom!” 

Standing by the door, my mother came and seated herself on my bed as I buried my face in the pillow. 

I looked at her and tried to be as calm as I could. 

“Let's say that there is this guy I’m interested in….”

“The one you look longingly at when he jogs past our apartment?” 

“....” 

How did she know!? 

Mom winked at me. 

“Girl, you got it! You’re super cute. Just walk out in the morning and greet him!” 

… Mom, I can’t. It’s too embarrassing! 

So… I tried to change the topic while not changing the topic. 

“... We’re in the same class.” 

“Attack him with your cuteness!” 

“We’re seatmates too….”

“Forget your textbooks and have him share them with you!”  

“... Wouldn’t he think I’m bothersome?” 

Mom looked to the side. 

“No comment.” 

“Then why did you suggest it in the first place!?” 

Mom then had a serious face and looked as if she was looking into my soul. 

“Listen, Lilly… he needs to notice you. Anything that draws his attention is fine!” 

Mom… I didn’t know you were like this. Did you do all this to Dad? I feel sorry for him…. 

“Lilly… please don’t look at me like that….” 

Before I realized it, I had moved away ever so slightly and looked at her with a strange expression. 

— :::: — 

The following Monday, Luke spoke to me. Apparently, I looked happier than I usually do. 

And to be honest, I was really happy talking to Mom about him…. But I can’t say that can I? 

After I replied, he didn’t say anything special… maybe he didn’t want to pry? I kinda wish he would though…. 

Oh? 

He dropped his eraser. 

I picked it up, and our eyes met. 

As I stared into his blue eyes, I could feel my heart racing faster….

This is bad! Not good for my heart at all! 

Even worse for my heart was when our fingers touched! 

But… he then finished me off with a smile… it’s unfair! 

I couldn’t help but turn the other way to hide from the embarrassment. 

A while later, we had math… and to be honest.

I can’t believe I actually forgot my math book. 

I turned to Luke for help, and he shared his textbook with me. 

We had pushed our desks together, which made me very conscious of him since we were so close. 

And our erasers were close to each other… maybe our hands would accidentally touch again? 

Kyaa~ 

Wait! What am I thinking!? 

… Later, he held my hand when he tried to grab his eraser… I felt lucky~!  

But then I realized he had done it on purpose. 

He said he wanted to tease me because I’m cute…. 

Cute cute cute cute cute…. 

I felt happy, but… is he perhaps used to this!?

It was all so overwhelming, and my shyness was also hitting its peak, leading me to withdraw. 

I puffed my cheeks and gave him a mean look to show my dissatisfaction. 

Dummy.” 

— :::: — 

… This was the worst… the previous day had been so fun and exciting, and now it had turned back to normal…. 

Worst of all… when I got home, I realized I had left the keys at school. 

But I wasn’t willing to walk back, so I tried contacting the owner… and of course, he wasn’t available. 

And as I was walking back to school to get my keys, a car splashed water on me. 

I could feel my soul slowly leave my body. 

“This is the worst….” 

I was soaked in water from the streets and felt like crying. 

Not too long after, a strong wind made me lose balance, and my umbrella undid my ribbon, which led it to get blown away as it landed in a water stream leading down the sewers…. 

It was the final straw. 

I cried on the rainy street, not having the energy to do anything. 

I felt so helpless because I could only think of the lost ribbon my crush had given me. 

“*Hic, Luke… I couldn’t get it in time.*Hic.” 

Not gonna lie... I feel so bad.... The cute Lilly! Ahhh what have I done!

6