1- Ancient Beast
83 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere, in the middle of a forest, A black-haired young man was hidden in the middle of the bushes.

The young man's name was Teitei. He was sixteen years old and he looked free and thin for a boy of his age. Despite his effort to look imposing and serious,  he could not hide, his good-natured face. His only saving grace was the dagger in his hands and his aggressive stance as he seemed ready to pounce at any given time.

Teitei, frowned as he looked at his prey on the other side of the bush.

' The grey-furred rabbit is known for his speed, and his powerful jumping ability' Teitei remembered what he had read in the ancient beast encyclopedia.

Reading this encyclopedia worth a thousand pages was not easy, but it was mandatory to enter the Ancient World.

Twitter reminded himself that this rabbit was not an ordinary animal that one will find everywhere, but an ancient beast from the Ancient World.

It was said that hundreds of years ago, some people find a strange portal. They were teleported to this world and they later found that everything in this world from plants to beast materials, was an invaluable resource not only for scientific research. There were many resources in the ancient world useful to increase the human lifespan.

' I need to concentrate ' Teitei thought as he chased the distracting thoughts out of his mind.

On the other side of the bush, the grey-furred rabbit was happily munching some herb.

'Now'

Seizing the opportunity, Teitei leaped forward while brandishing his saber. The gleam of his danger was reflected in the rabbit's eyes.

The tip of the dagger touched the flesh of the rabbit and a flower of blood blossomed, staining Teitei, his face, and his clothes.

But Teitei was not satisfied.
He had heard that ancient beasts were far more resilient than their counterpart in the outside world. It was said that a grey-furred rabbit could kill a big dog with a single move.

" I need to retreat..." Teitei tough when he saw the shallow cut on the rabbit's neck.

"I should have brought a better weapon" he could not help but look at his dagger. It was not an ordinary dagger, because normal metal could not even injure an ancient beast. But it was still the cheapest on the market. It is all that Teitei could afford. When he came to the ancient world he could only afford the strict necessary including his combat uniform.

Teitei, retreated backing away from the poor rabbit. But the beast seemed stimulated after seeing blood.

"  no!"
Teitei quickly rolled to the side, evading the tentative of the rabbit to headbutt him.

Teitei crawled up. He was about to stand when he saw the grey-furred rabbit once again jumping at him. The creature seemed about to bite his face.

Without realizing it, Teitei moved the tip of the dagger right where the rabbit was biting.

Sparks blossomed as the teeth touched the metal.

The rabbit was trained on the side, and Teitei felt a strong recoil on his right hand. It was painful.

" This is an opportunity..." Twitter thought when he saw the exposed wound of the rabbit.

Teitei jumped aligning the painted tip of the rabbit right in the middle of the wound.

The metal plunged inside the flesh. The body of the grey-furred rabbit twitched for a while. But after some time, the spasm stopped.

Teitei exhaled after a long breath. He was tired after this long and arduous battle. It was not his first time hunting a grey-furred rabbit. Considering his average strength, he had mostly hunted their kind since he arrived in the ancient world.

It took too much time to build a trap considering that the ground and even the themes in the ancient world were too hard. One could also bring a limited amount of material considering the price of the teleportation services.

" Perhaps it was it is not an ordinary grey furred rabbit, but a grey furred rabbit king" Teitei muttered jokingly before wiping the blood on his face.

He also knew that he could not remain long in this place as the blood could attract other predators.

Teitei was about to take his price when he saw something falling from the body of the ancient beast. It looked like a black bead.

Teitei had never seen something like that in the past. So he amassed grabbed the black bead and started to examine it.

Teitei first wiped the bead with his uniform until there was no more blood on it.
He was still examining it when the black bead dissolved into a viscous black liquid.

Teitei tried to throw it away, without success. The black liquid started to seep inside his body, passing through the wound that had earlier been opened near his thumbs during his strength contest with the rabbit.

It was at that moment that Teitei started to hear a strange voice.

'
new host detected

DNA of the host detected: Human ??%

Age: 16 years

Initiating the link

Link completed
Initiating the data transfer...

Data transfer completed

Activation of  biochip?#????#??#?#'

It felt like an eternity for Teitei, but in reality, it all happened in one breath of time.
Teitei was confused and scared at the same time. He found some new and alien knowledge in his mind.
Teitei did not dare to remain in this place any longer.

But another part of him was excited. Because he found that the black bead was a biochip.
biochips were not that precious in the real world. Almost everyone could afford it once they reached the age of 16. If Teitei did not have him, it was because of his particular situation.

But, like most technological applications, biochips could not work in the Ancient World.

Teitei had never used a biochip, but he knew how they worked. He was surprised to find that this biochip seemed to work finely while inside the Ancient World.

" how it is possible? This is groundbreaking"

" I just got scared for nothing.

... I just have the first ancient biochip" Teitei thought jokingly before calming himself.

" it will surely sell well and it will resolve all  my problems"

As if to dissuade him. Tentei received some new information.

"
Bio chip #?#?#?#?#? Is linked to subject #?#?#?#??#?'s DNA

Biochip #?#?#??#?#?# can only be removed after subject #?#?#?#?#?#?'s death"

Teitei gulped as he imagined himself becoming an experiment specimen.

" no one must find out about this" Teitei decided resolutely.

4