3- Hunger points
43 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Teitei's mind had gone through a lot of emotions throughout the day. He had also gone through a battle that made him quite tired.

Without any other choice, he started to cook a piece of meat from host #?#?#?#?14, the grey-furred rabbit.

He had some cooking utensils in his little ' housing unit' and some ingredients to use as aromas.

Soon, a delicious smell filled his nose, and Teitei swallowed some saliva in anticipation as he inspected the meat with a hungry gaze.

The meat of the ancient beast was a prized commodity. It was said that one could extend his lifespan by eating it over a long time. It was also more difficult to cook, but once it was done well it was a device. The stronger the ancient beast was, the better the taste.

When the meat was finally cooked after much time, Teitei took a slice of meat and put it inside his mouth when it was still warm.

Teitei had not eaten well recently, as he used to sell most of his catches. Instead, what he used to eat were dried rations that were brought from the outside world.

Teitei closed his eyes as he started to enjoy the taste of the meat that was simply otherwordly. He was not even a chef. He could not help but imagine how the meat would have tasted with better ingredients and better cooking technics.

" Did the biochip make the Grey furred rabbit stronger and also tastier," Teitei said jokingly before frowning.

" it will be bad if it also makes me tastier. Does not that mean that the next host will be a beast that will eat me?

No! I will order the biochip to self-destruct if something were to happen to me"

" but how can the biochip make this beast stronger than their counterpart?
How could it mutate?
How could they use it"

Teitei did not know much about the theory behind the functioning of the biochip, he resolved to make research about it once it was possible. For now, he could not think too much, there was not even internet or anything like that in the ancient world.

His thoughts were wandering in any direction. Without knowing it, he was licking his oily finger.

When Teitei finally became aware of what he was doing he immediately stopped his embarrassing action.

He looked at the cooking pot in front of it, and there was almost nothing left.

' I am the one who ate everything?'

Teitei was still feeling a little shocked by his appetite when he received a notification from the biochip in form of a voice and a holographic message in his field of view.

' source of special energy detected

Biochip #?#?#?#? Requests permission to process a part of that energy"

At this point, Teitei looked around him wondering what kind of energy the biochip was requesting. It was a known fact that most biochips only required physiological energy in form of synthesized calory proceeded by the organism.

" is it talking, about the food that I just ate?" Teitei was full of doubt...

Teitei received the notification three more times and choose not to react to it his hesitation.

' lacking and authorization

Host #?#?#?# judged unable to answer

Carrying self-sufficiency protocol #?#?#?$#?#

Lacking any post interdiction

Self-sufficiency Protocol N°#?#?#?#?# carried successfully

Processing special energy...'

" What on Earth..." Teitei was about to react but it was already too late.

He suddenly felt a pull in the area inside his stomach. It was a little painful, mostly uncomfortable. Teitei touched his belly in shock.

"This thing will kill me, I should just make it self-destruct" Teitei thought as he sweated hard. For a while, he almost thought that he was finished.

At this moment he received another notification from the biochip.

'Special energy absorbed

Hunger points collected: 0.23

Total hunger points: 0.23'

It did not ease Teitei fear and confusion.

" What on Earth are these Hunger points?" Teitei had just asked that he received an answer.

' mild injury of the host detected;

Consequences possible on the long-term health;

Hunger points detected

Requesting usage of hunger point for healing'

" requested accepted" Tentei answered tentatively. He had an idea and he wanted to understand clearly what was happening

The next moment he felt an uncomfortable sensation on his right hand that he had moved somewhat limply since his fight with the grey-furred rabbit.

" Carrying the regeneration...'

It took a little more than 30 seconds and a little less than a minute. Teitei was not sure. But when the discomfort disappeared, it was replaced by a refreshing feeling.

'Healing completed

Hunger point remaining: 0.01

Note: Hunger point can be used to heal the host body and to strengthen the host's physical attributes

At this moment, Teitei could almost not believe what he was seeing. His arm was the proof that everything that was happening was indeed real.

Teitei started to recite the name of all his crushs from the time when he was still in kinder garden until now. There was not a single mistake. So he was assured that he could not be dreaming and he was not under the effect
Of any powerful debilitating, hypnotic drug or hallucinosis substance found in the ancient world.

The more he thought about his situation, the happier he became.

" what can I do with the remaining hunger point"
Teitei suddenly asked.

' 5 hunger points are equal to 1 physical attributes points"

" Does not that mean that I can reach the sky and become the strongest just by eating?" Tentei taught.

Calculating for a while he calmed himself. It was the first time that he had heard of a biochip with this ability. But at the same time, the fact that eating the meat of a beast from the ancient world could strengthen someone's fitness was not a secret for anyone, it was the same for the fact that people who consumed them could recover faster from their injuries.

It was also true that Tentei's new bio hip seemed to make things a little easier.

" I will need to either hunt some meat or buy more often" Teitei thought while looking at what remained of the meat off the grey-furred rabbit. He could not help but salivate.

7