10-
21 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hundreds of years ago, when the first explorers arrived in the ancient world. They discovered that they could only use cold weapons to fight against the ancient beasts.

At that time, martial arts proved themselves to be particularly useful in the ' war efforts.

But even with martial arts, things were not evident for humans.

After all, martial arts had initially been created to fight other humans, they had not been invented to kill two-headed hounds or giant gorillas in mind.

According to the stories of martial arts, many martial technics had been created by getting inspiration from animals and natural phenomena.

Thus, a new school of thought was created, and Ancient Martial arts were.

Relying on the studies of the genes in the bodies of the ancient beasts, and on the countless years of martial wisdom, humans managed to stand their ground in the ancient world. Now they were on their way to conquering it.

Teitei had learned all these things during his training period before going to the ancient world. He still remembered how at that time, his blood was almost boiling at the idea of getting superior power.

The strength to unroot a tree or to break a big stone with a single punch.

All this excitation, all these expectations were soon dashed as he had learned that he could not afford to learn these ancient martial arts.

Learning these ancient martial technics was too expensive, with the cheapest of them being around 1000 francs.
As if it was not enough to master these technics, people needed to inject special options into their bodies that would modify their bodies and increase their aptitude for certain martial technics.

A ' snake punching technic' for example will come with a special solution called ' snake potion' that will modify the joints, the muscle, and the bones in the user's body. It was a process of adaptation with that will give the aptitude to the upper limb of the body to disjoint themselves and move with explosive speed like a snake.

Teitei could not afford that kind of technics, he could only afford the cheapest skill.

It was called 'basic fighting technics and it could give a slight increase of attributes at some point during a fight. The specialized solution for the basic fighting technics was also the cheapest, costing only 1000 f.

( Author's notes: I will start using F instead of Francs for the currency)

The only effect of the solution that Teitei had felt until now was increased resistance to pain, to the coldness of the ancient world and his reflexes had gotten somewhat better.

It was said that the other effect will appear with time and that the least talented people needed three months to digest the drug completely while the most talented only needed some mount.

It was also said that the ' basic potion' or ' basic solution called as it was called also acted as a vaccine against the different mutated bactéries and viruses that existed in the ancient world.

****

Teitei was alone in his living unit. It was somewhat messy as he had failed to maintain order inside during the last few days. Most of his time was spent training and eating. There was a strong smell of meat in the room as Teitei had been only eating that during the last few days...

At this moment, Teitei was practicing the different fighting stances of the Basic fighting technics.

He was sweating inside the sports uniform that he wore. He could not remove it as it felt particularly cold in the middle of the night. Strangely it almost seemed like it was the best time to train.

Teitei was not particularly sure of the result of his martial arts practice as it was particularly difficult to improve without the help of an instructor. His objective was mainly to work himself to exhaustion and increase his fitness that way.

A sound was suddenly heard in the middle of the night. Tentei lowered his head before looking at the culprit. It was his stomach.

' guess, you can not stand the hunger' Teitei thought jokingly and smiled.

He did not use hunger point to recover as he had always done throughout the last week.

" It has been almost two weeks since I obtained this biochip"

Teitei took some time to wipe himself clean, using cold water. It was uncomfortable but useful for his sore muscle.

When he finished changing himself in some spare clothes, he went to a corner and opened a pot. Smelling the food inside he could not help but frown.

" Meat..." Teitei sighed, he had only been eating that for the last few days.
He still remembered the first time he had obtained hunger points. 10 kg worth of rabbit meat had brought him slightly more than 5 hunger points in the past. 10 kg worth of common beast meats was generally worth 8 F. The seller would have generally brought it from people like him at half of that price.

Teitei had initially expected that by buying 100 F worth of meat he will obtain several hunger points largely above the 50 points that he needed. But during the days that followed he discovered that the gain of points was different depending on the quality of the meat. The fresher the meat, the more hunger points he obtained.
There seemed to be other factors involved, Teitei guesses that it was the strength of the beast whose meat he was eating. But he could not be sure.

The result of that experience was the sad fact that Teitei was now somewhat disgusted by the smell of meat. But he could only persevere through.

Teitei started to eat. At this point in time, he had already used all the recipes that he knew to cook the meat ( only two).

Twitter was still eating, when he suddenly received a joyous notification.

Despite the use of hunger points during his training sessions he had finally managed to accumulate the required hunger points to seduce new fighting technics.

Thu deduction followed the same step, needed for ancient martial arts, and is based on the anatomies of humans and ancient creatures.

"Do you want to deduce a new fighting technic?"

" Yes," Teitei accepted without hesitation.

" Deduction will last 48hours...
Time remaining: 47 hours, 59 minutes, 53 seconds"

" I only need to wait 48 hours" Teitei contemplated.

He was not sad about the fact that he needed to wait, instead, he was ecstatic. Which ancient martial arts had not taken years of work many resources and great minds to be developed.

For some time, a strange light appeared in Teitei's eyes. He was now, even more, curious about the previous host of the biochip.

2