CH. 1 – Dont call me that
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I do not own Overlord. Overlord belongs to Kugane Maruyama.


Inside the Guildhall, on two of the forty-two seats surrounding an obsidian round table, a skeleton and a slime sat. They were conversing with each other. The slime, venting about life and the skeleton, hearing them. He doesn't mind hearing the complaints from his friend.

"… don't worry about it," said the skeleton.

"Oh, I have to go soon." The slime said with a tired voice. "I'm way too sl—"

The door to the guildhall was bashed by someone kicking it with full energy. "HERO-SAN!" shouted the figure who had bashed the door open. The figure was a human child in silhouette. His appearance could fool players, but the two who are in the room with him know that he's a heteromorphic player, an android. The android has golden hair with black tips, and golden lines going from his jaw to his eyes and ending at his hairline. His pupils are gold with a tad of black on their edge. He wore a black with gold cybernetic-like lines full bodysuit, a sleeveless hoodie

The tiredness disappeared from Herohero just to hide it from the android. "Ah! Mini-chan!" He said to the last and youngest member to join the Ainz Ooal Gown guild.

The android slumped down, too embarrassed about his nickname. "Mou… don't call me that Hero-san…." The slime could imagine him pouting loud and clear even without any facial movement.

"Kimi-kun," the skeleton chimed, "you're in time. Herohero-san was just about to leave."

The android child slumped even more.

"Sorry Kimi-kun, it's near midnight… and I still got to work tomorrow."

"I understand…." Kimi squatted down and hug his legs.

"Momonga-san, thank you for all your hard work. I hope we meet again somewhere." The slime turned to the squatting Kimi. "You too Kimi-san. Sorry that I didn't visit you with them…. It was fun playing with you." He said with a bit of guilt for not coming online as often as the android and skeleton.

«Herohero-san has logged out.»

"Today is the last day Yggdrasil's server will run. Why not stay until the end with us…?" The skeleton said, too late for the slime to hear.

Kimi heard a thud from the table where Momonga sat.

"Momo-san…?"

"Kimi-kun" Momonga turned to the boy. With a worried tone, he said, "You're not going to bed yet?"

Kimi springs up. "Of course! Today's the last day!" He said, happy with only a hint of sadness in his sentence.

Momonga let out a stifled laugh. 'Even when the server's shutting down, you're still lively.'

Momonga grabbed the decora—the guild weapon that was floating behind him and got near Kimi. "Kimi-kun, let's go to the throne room."

Kimi's eyes stayed on the never before used guild weapon. "Okay."

Beyond the door were the butler, and combat maids—the Pleiades—who guarded the throne room to delay the intruders and give time for the guild members to assemble.

"Follow," Momonga ordered to them.

They walk towards the throne room. Kimi strolled to catch up to Momonga. His eyes were on the guild weapon. "Momo-san… I never got to help to craft the staff…."

"It's fine, Kimi-kun," he said with reassurance. "You hadn't joined when we made it."

They had reached the door to the throne room. The elegant door opened automatically to give a sense of awe to whoever entered it.

Standing near the throne, they saw her, the Guardian Overseer, Albedo.

"The command was… 'stand by', right?"

The butter and the maids stopped following the overlord of death and moved to the side.

Kimi observed the overseer NPC on her beauty. He hadn't reached puberty yet, so he doesn't have those urges when looking at her. Momonga on the other hand was the one who had those thoughts.

He remembers back that the guild wasn't the best place for the child, but Kimi had been with the guild for more than a year, he knows that Kimi doesn't have any of those urges when looking at Albedo; he doesn't even understand the innuendos the other guild member had spouted out.

Kimi sat down on the throne's stairs, gawking at the entire throne room. Lately, this had become his habit. Wondering in Nazarick, sitting down, and reminiscing the fun times he had with the… adult… members. Stuck in nostalgia, he didn't notice that Momonga had changed Albedo's backstory.

"Bow down," ordered Momonga.

They both viewed the flags that represent the 42 guild members. Kimi, looked longer at his flag, a gear within a gear, and a smile underneath the two gears.

"It has been fun…, hasn't it, Momonga-san?"

"It has, Mini-chan, it has."

"Momongaaa!"

Momonga chuckled after he saw Kimi's reaction. The nickname originated when Bukubukuchagma noticed Kimi's in-game name, Kimi2 or… Kimini, Buku erased the "ki" in his name and from then on called him "Mini-chan" and also mostly because he's the shortest in the guild… based on players that look humanoid like the skeleton, that is….

Kimi pouted at Momonga, though Momonga could only imagine him pouting as there was no facial system besides emoticons.

Momonga steadied himself to ask him a question, "How are you, Kimi-kun?"

"Same as ever Momonga-san…, stuck in a machine…," Kimi said with helplessness in his tone.

"I hope your operations go well."

"Yeah… world first synthetic lungs huh…." Kimi got the gist of the operation from when the doctor and his mom were discussing it in his room while he pretends to sleep like always. "Five more years left before it happened…." The synthetic lungs were experimental and estimated to take four more years before the WHO approved them. For now, he had minor operations throughout the years.

Momonga too had read a headline about synthetic organs, as it relates to the little boy who's constantly online and he'd like to know how he's been doing the most. He had even watched the shows the boy watched to keep the chat with him entertaining to the both of them.

"Hope we could meet again…." Kimi said.

Momonga stayed quiet as they watched the ticking time counting down to the deletion of all the hard work they had put on the top right of their vision.

«23:59:57»

«23:59:58»

«23:59:59»

«00:00:00»

«00:00:01»

"Um… Momonga-san?" Kimi said with confusion.

Momonga noticed it too. The clock goes beyond the midnight mark. Which could only mean two things, either the shitty devs do this as a prank or there was a problem shutting the server down. His thoughts on both disappeared when an NPC, Albedo the Guardian Overseer, spoke.

"What's wrong, Momonga-sama?"

 

A/N:

Arts for this fic are at imgur.com/a/XzRMyHo (Cover art & Kimi2's sigil) or at my Pixiv, Instagram, and Deviant Art, @revonzev.

This fanfiction had nestled in my mind for the past month. So I thought why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

This is most likely gonna be a slice of life of Kimi in the new world… along with the overlord and his merry band taking over the world in the background.

Mostly would follow the plot of the anime (and a bit of the LN), if I don't get derailed by my ideas of changing the plots.

Anything that's the same as canon will only be glossed over if Miki isn't there.

2