Prologue – C-4
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A week before the Federal appears at Charlotte’s Door]
“Hey, what’s our next destination?” A middle aged man - seems to be in his late 30s, yet his hair has already got some whites on it, maybe because of his job - asks a young guy.
“Good afternoon, Colonel Hemsworth. We will arrive at Mono Charlotte’s mansion in just a few hours. According to Captain Lievick, we will be there to apologise to her. Her father and mother have sacrificed on the ‘Zone’, because of our mistake.” Before speaking, the young soldier placed his right hand on the left shoulder, opening his fingers except the thumb and the little finger - the formal way to greet the Federal. Hemsworth nods, greets the young man and walks away to the window nearby. “‘Earth’, huh?”
—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hundred years ago, aliens stepped on earth. Humanity, because of their stupid mistakes, had caused a big war between themself and the outer space entities. The aliens were mad, because of everything we’ve done: Extinctions caused by our hands, against the will of nature, wars, poverty, starvation, and many, many more. They looked at us like a lower kind of life, and disdained everything we’ve done to the Earth - the most beautiful planet they’ve ever seen. Back to the war, it happened in the year 2070, and ended 2 years later. We raised the flag first, but the only problem was that nothing worked. Their technology was so advanced that humanity had the chance of winning at 0. What happened? Why are we the rulers of space now?
We played them dirty. In the first few months, we can only hide, and pray that they won’t come find us. Countries have agreed on using nuclear weapons against them. And the result is the planet is filled with radiation, and the weapons only ever paralyzed the robots which is now known as 'Models'. It seemed like the end, because we can’t even flick them at all, using nuclear bombs.
It was just like a miracle. The wanderers found out that the Models are like one-time-only for the aliens; after their reactor is dead, the terror machine is now just like a piece of metal. And we humans, "Oh Hallelujah, had found the formula to win. We synchronised with the Models perfectly, even better than those who created them. It allowed the robots to move manually, and the aliens didn’t realise that the reactor is not dead, but rather was just 'frozen' temporary, waiting to be activated again to achieve the ‘enhanced’ state which was powered by the nuclear waste, because of how they were taught and thought - If the reactor gets colder by just 2 degrees Celsius, the reactor will be dead after a few hours. This was not the case. Our nuclear power had shut down the robots, but, after a long time of cooling down, we have found our weapon. We fought back for the first time after a long time, but this time, it was a victory. The Military Junta found out about this. Every country together implemented people to fight back - “Aliens have made a huge mistake - Giving us access to their weapons! This is our payback! Everyone, every countries, raise your flag!”
In the end, with their technology - enhanced, we finally won. We also did the best thing we can - extinction. We eliminated an outer space entity. We stole their knowledge and technology. It seems bad, but the good news is we also learned from our mistakes. Countries had together agreed to form into an united nation, with the Earth Federal being the leaders of everything. We solved quite every problem, easily, thanks to the brand new advanced technology we ‘made’. We also expanded the territory, we invaded other planets, we destroyed whoever didn't follow our rules.
At the end of day, we are the bad guy.
—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“...I see.” Charlotte hears the news from Hemsworth. Her face still remains calm with a big smile, while her hands are shaking, trying to not drop the cup of tea. “I thank you for taking care of them in the Federal.”
Hemsworth is also holding his cup of tea, looking inside it. “So clean that I can even see my own face.” - He thought. “Then, Mistress, we will take our leave, if you don’t mind. In case you have anything else that bothers your mind in the future, you can ask the Federal’s permission to talk with colonel Hemsworth.”
He opens his hand, offering Charlotte a handshake.
Charlotte gives him a slap. Her eyes are filled with fire. “You don’t offer me a handshake after letting my parents die. Because of your uselessness - you 'Federal stink shit' whatever, I lost my fucking parents.” Hemsworth sighs. “If you hit a Colonel or higher in the Federal, no matter what the situation, it will be considered a protest against us, which will not be resulted in a good ending. I will let that one slide away, because I know you’re mad. But please understand for us.” Charlotte looked at that guy, confused and angered, “Seriously?” She grabs her cup, pours tea over his head - “Without our family’s money, all of you, would just be little bugs in a big, big space.” She takes the tea cup, and pours it over Hemsworth’s head.
“Mistress!” Fianne runs from the door, opening her hands to grab onto Charlotte, right at the moment Hemsworth draws out his gun and shoots. No time to think, Fianne and the angry girl ran into the mansion. Hemsworth looks at them, as he’s waiting for his gun to finish charging, like he's doing this on purpose.
“Drop some supplies, we will stay here for a long time.” Hemsworth speaks into the watch, as he places down the tea cup, gets up, prepare for a long game of hide & seek.

1