Chapter 1: Where are we?
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Over here!” A young girl waves her hand, standing in the middle of the crowd, trying to let her brother and the lady going with him be able to keep on track of her. “Hey, Miko! Stop going to crowded places like that! It’s so hard to find you with your small body!” The young boy runs over, as he vaguely sees her hand anyway, but can still hear her voice from quite distant. “My my, she’s quite active.” The lady who is walking behind him giggles, cannot get enough from this pair. "So can you tell me more about this place?"
“Your name is.. Mono! Right, Mono, I welcome you to Huenades village of Mars!” After getting out of the sea filled with people, he points at the village entrance - there is the name of the village written in English on it, along with some Mars language symbols on the pillars. “Thank you Atlan.” Mono covers her mouth with her hand elegantly, while giggling gently. Everything she does exudes aristocratic scent. Atlan lost his soul for a few seconds, then got back to reality immediately, thanks to Miko hitting him on the head. “You’re such a dumbass..” Miko sighs, don’t know how much she can tolerates her stupid brother any further.
“Y-yea! Sorry. Ehem! There's not much in our village, the only difference between us and the others is how crowded this one is. Calling it a ‘village’ is just for cool stuff, it’s much like a slumber here as you went through.” He suddenly tones down, “We are all raised in this weird round globe like we are some sort of animals, but I guess I won’t complain because there’s barely any oxygen outside anyway, haha!” Then tones up again. “You’re such a weird guy, compared to the guys that I knew and met, Atlan.” She smiles awkwardly, then looks back at the pair of brother and sister’s ‘house’, then back at everyone. They all dress in some dirty clothes, selling somewhat clean - but still dirty foods nonetheless for a noble daughter like Mono. She doesn’t hate it here like most of the richies when they arrive in a slumber like this though. Maybe it’s because she can fit anywhere easily, or simply just because of how Atlan and Miko saved her, so she knows deep inside she cannot say a single bad thing about this place. Who knows, Mono Charlotte is an enigma at the end of the day, maybe she’s planning to get out of here even.
“Basically,” Miko breaks the silence between them, “We are living in a slumber. Some of us are wastes, some of us are just slaves that don’t have a place to go, then ended up here. The Federal government barely checks Mars, so we usually have lots of freedom.” She pulls Atlan and Mono over, gets them both ears at her mouth “So stop being so serious at everything, and enjoy the present!”
“Well, I guess it’s not my place, but still good.” Mono gets up, flicks off the dust on her dress. “Don’t worry, we are here to help you!” Atlan also stands over the side, placing his right hand on Miko’s shoulder. “Hey dumbass, that hurts me!” Miko shouts, turns over and punches him in the belly. Atlan can’t handle such force, so he immediately falls back on the ground again, suffering. Mono giggles, and so does Miko. “Well, shall we go back to your place?” Mono gives out her hand towards Atlan, offering him a hand. Atlan looks at her for a moment, then finally accepts her help, laughs hard, so loud that everyone in the market can hear him. “Alright! Let’s go back to our place and eat, sleep, and have fun!” He runs back into the market, leaving Miko and Mono behind, who are trying to process what just happened. “Ah! Not fair! Wait for us!” Miko shouts, as he grabs Mono by her hand, drags the Mistress with her, trying to catch up to his speed from the behind. Charlotte cannot do a thing to this unique pair, besides smiles and laughs with them. They’re enjoying their lives at their best, and so should she, that’s what she thought.
“Not fair, you’re so.. so fast..” Miko is breathing in and out heavily, as she finally reaches their house, 20 minutes after Atlan. “Ahaha! You should look at yourself right now!” Atlan cannot stop laughing at her painful face, “Better keep up your daily exercise, or you will never be as good as me!” He sleeves up his white shirt with some dirt on it, showing his muscles. “See this good boy? It’s the result of exercising!” Atlan is still laughing at his exhausted sister, while trying to “show” her his work. Mono looks at them, smiles then closes her face downward again. “Haven is even more muscular..” She thinks to herself, opens her palm and sees a green colour. Her eyes get determined again, she closes her palm forcefully, but then immediately opens, “Ah!”, as she was scared that she might break the panel inside. “Hm? Anything wrong there?” Miko looks over, checking what was that noise coming from Mono. “Oh, nothing! Just a bug flew through me!” Mono gets her head up, waving her hands like she’s saying she’s fine. “Good, good! Now you both get inside and get into Miko's room, I will stay in the kitchen and make some good dinner for all of us!” Atlan grabs both of them, neck by neck, then pushes them over the ladder. “God..” Miko sighs again, “Let’s go, Mono.” Miko gets up the ladder first, but it takes a while, as she’s still recovering from the sprint she just did earlier.
“I hope you enjoy your meal.” Charlotte closes her hands, prays for Haven in her streams of thoughts.

1