Chapter 1: It was just an idle thought, really!
1.2k 31 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I lay here crying and drowning in my own blood, missing my right arm and with a sword plunged into my chest, I remember how this all started.

 

‘It was an idle thought. Just a bit of edgy thinking, I didn’t actually want this… who would want this!?’

 

I was just your average NEET woman, living my life in relatively boring but stable solitude. I used to watch a bit of anime, play some games, and read fanfiction. You know, normal NEET stuff!

 

That is, until the day everything changed and my life became this hell. I was playing a game when the true antagonist was released when the hero slayed the big bad, and I had a thought.

 

‘That’d be so cool. To be the Ultimate Evil that was sealed away because you are just too strong for anything. And the heroes unwittingly release you when they killed who they thought was the cause of all their world's problems. When in reality, it was merely a byproduct of the seal gradually weakening because of the heroes’ efforts, all according to the villain's plan! Heh, yea, I wish that was me. That’d be so cool!’

 

That’s when I heard the voice. The voice of the asshole who was responsible for my situation.

 

???: “Finally! A willing soul to complete my perfect, last world. Hmm. But you are not exactly an all powerful Evil are you? No, no this will not do! But I will change you. This is for my final world! My finest creation! You and it will be MY MASTER PIECES!

 

The next thing I knew, I was waking up on a bed, in a run down shack with a blue screen floating in front of me.

 

Hello, $%*^#&(

You must be confused, but don’t worry! I granted your wish! I was truly fortunate to finally find a soul like yours who was willing to take the position of “all powerful sealed ancient Evil” for my final masterpiece of a world. Now, I know what you're thinking. “But I am not all powerful! Or sealed, ancient, and not even a lick of Evil is in my bones! I’m also a weak human!” But don’t worry $%*^#&(! I will turn you into these things! No no, you don’t have to thank me, this is for my perfect world after all. And such a perfect world, NEEDS a perfect Ultimate Evil. And that Evil will be you!

Using all of my power I created this new dimension for you to use and to change you. In here with the gift I have given you, you will become that what we both wished for!

AN ALL POWERFUL SEALED EVIL!!!!!!! (that will be released one day)

 

That was only a few hours ago. As the light is fading from my eyes, I look up at my murderer. He looked like a simple guard from a classic fantasy world. Armour and all. All I wanted was to ask where I was and what was happening! But as soon as he saw me, he cut off my arm and stabbed me!

 

He walked over to me, and violently ripped his sword out of my chest, causing me to groan painfully with what little strength I had left. He then said something and spat on me.

 

???: “##### ######. #### #### #####!”

 

As my consciousness fades and I die, I vaguely hear him chuckling and say something as he walks away.

???: “Ahhh!!!!!!”

 

I awoke with a start, and in a panic. I look around myself wildly for any danger. After a few minutes I calm down when nothing happens.

 

???: “Was that a dream?”

 

I look down, and pat my stomach that had a gruesome hole in it moments ago. Also finally noticing I have my arm back. I release a sigh of relief and curl into a foetus position and start crying.

 

???: “That really hurt! Why did he kill me like that?!?! What did I do to deserve that kind of treatment no questions asked?! WHY ME?!”

 

I just laid there on my bed for several hours crying my heart out. Cursing the god that sent me here, and crying about never seeing my friends and family again. I was a NEET, but I still talked to people online after all.

 

???: “But now… now I will never see any of them again, will I?”

 

I eventually cry myself to sleep. Waking up some time later, I looked around groggily. Wishing, hoping, that I was really dreaming and I didn’t get to feel what it was like to be murdered. My hopes were crushed though, as I was still in this shitty old shack.

 

All I had in this shack was this single person bed that was mildly comfy, a classic looking treasure chest that I can’t open was to the right of the door, and an overly large 3 part mirror to the left of the door. There was also some kind of panel near the door, but I couldn't open it either. Other than that, there was nothing else of note in the shack.

 

Getting off the bed, I walk over to the mirror to look at myself. Stripping down, and standing in front of the mirror I try to see if I had a scar on my stomach from that shitty guard.

 

But luckily, there wasn’t a scar. Just my smooth pale skin.

 

???: “How long has it been since I actually looked at myself?”

 

Looking back up at my own eyes, a small smile appears on my face. My friends always said I had cool eyes. My right one was green, while my left one was blue. They really stood out because of my pale white skin, and natural red hair. I had always loved my hair, my mother used to always say it looked like a dark red rose.

 

Small tears form in my eyes as I think about never being able to see her again, but I push those thoughts away.

 

Shaking my head, I look back at my reflection. My hair only went down to my shoulders. I had always wanted super long hair, but it is such a pain to wash and upkeep it at that length.

 

Despite myself being a NEET, I had a slim body. I smiled at that, as everyone hated me for it and were jealous. But while I was slim, I was not muscular at all, or athletic. I was tall at just over 1.8 metres in height. I was always lowkey jealous of short girls. They don’t need to deal with doorways being too low!

 

But, while they may have had the height I’d like, I had the chest I wanted. My breasts were large at Double D, almost nearing E. While I did have the odd back problem, it was worth it in my eyes. I loved my girls.

 

I had nice long legs, and an okay butt. It wasn’t anything special, but it was the best I could honestly have with my lifestyle. Or rather, the lifestyle I had.

 

My face was completely average too. Not ugly, but not beautiful either. A solid six out of ten is what my friends used to joke about.

 

Sighing as I finished looking myself over in the mirror, I got dressed again. I was lucky I had actually been wearing a full set of clothes for once, and not just in a T-shirt and panties. It got hot in the summer where I lived.

 

A black loose T-shirt with no logo or anything, red bra and panties, black jeans and socks. I didn’t overly like the colour black mind you, it was just what was left clean. I kind of wished I had shoes though.

 

Looking at myself in the mirror again, I give a melancholic sigh. These are all I have from my old life. I have nothing else. While looking at myself, I noticed that there was a note on the chest behind me.

 

Turning around, I tilt my head in confusion, I don’t remember that being there. I walk over to the note and touched it, causing a display to pop up.

 

Hey $%*^#&(

Just as I was dying and fading out of existence I realised that in my joy at finding you, I didn’t explain anything. Little time left, so I’ll keep it short. Your real body is sealed on my perfect world, Aeterna. You are just here as a soul. Ah! But don’t worry, your body will perfectly reflect what your soul looks like. And don’t think that just because you are here as a soul, that that means you can’t get hurt, because you can!

 

???: “Yea, no shit you shitty god…”

 

I quip to myself before continuing to read the display.

 

This world is a reflection of sorts of my perfect world, but modified heavily to help you turn into the Ultimate Evil power house we want! When you die, everything but you and what you arrived here with will fully reset and you will be fully restored. There are checkpoints, but you’ll have to discover where and how they work yourself. I will tell you there are two types though. There is so much more, but you’ll have to discover it on your own, my bad. Oh! One final thing. Say “Status.” It’s not a full system by any stretch, as I didn’t have the power left. But it should help a lot, don’t worry! I would wish you luck, but it’s pointless. I used ALL my power to make this happen, so you WILL become the Evil we wanted. It’s just a matter of time after all. And you will have an infinite amount of it.

 

I pick up the note, and turn it around hoping to maybe get a page two. But there was nothing.

 

???: “What did I expect from such a shitty god? That hardly explained anything!!!!”

 

Crumpling up the note, and throwing it at a wall, I huff in anger and annoyance.

 

???: “I didn’t want this you shitty god! Who would want to die repeatedly!? Because he was CLEARLY expecting me to!”

 

After calming down, I sat on my bed and said the fabled words of legend that started many isekai protagonists on their journey. 

 

‘Well, I am the ultimate evil villain supposedly, but whatever.’

 

After I said the words, a blue screen appeared in front of me… but it was… weird to say the least.

 

Name: $%*^#&( Class: N/A Seal integrity: 100% Passives: N/A Dexterity: You can walk and run without tripping. Most of the time. Congrats!
Age: 32 (Appearance 21)  Subclasses: N/A Deaths: 1 Vitality: Well, at least you’re not dying by breathing, right? Wisdom: Well, at least you know where to put the pointy end of a sword.
Sex: Female Alignment: neutral 48 Inner Realm level: 1 Strength: It’s honestly surprising you can even stand on your own two feet! Magic: What’s that? Can you eat it?
Race: Human Corruption: 0% Skills: N/A Defence: A baby could wreck your shit. Mana: As empty of content as a sports video game.
Level: 0 (0%) Soul Energy: 0/100 Spells: N/A Resistance: A light breeze will be able to put you down. Quests: N/A

 

???: “What the shit? What’s up with my name? And my age? Or the ‘stats’ I have?!”

 

I dismiss the display, and get up from my bed and walk over to the mirror. I hadn’t noticed it, but I do look younger.

 

‘Wonder if my clothes shrunk, or am I the same but just younger? Eh, whatever.’

 

Walking back to my bed and sitting down, I say “status” again, and start going over everything one by one. I reach out, and try to touch my name, but my hand simply passes through the display. So instead, I focus on it.

 

Your name is no longer suitable for your soul! As such, it has been discarded. Please a new name from the list provided.

 

???: “Not suitable for my soul? The fuck you on about? What’s wrong with _____?”

 

I just sat there in stunned silence for a few minutes.

 

‘Why can’t I remember my name?’

 

???: “My name is _____. It’s _____. _____. My name is _____ for fuck sakes! _____!!! What’s going on?! You fucking god, you are making me give up everything of who I am?!”

 

I just glared at the display with as much hate as I could muster.

 

???: “Fuck you! I’ll keep my name. Even if I can’t remember it now, I will later!”

 

I tried to back out, but the display wouldn’t change. It wouldn’t even close!

 

???: “Oh, you piece of shit god. You are lucky you are dead and gone now. But I swear to myself if I find your reincarnation or something I will murder the absolute shit out of them! Gah!!!!”

 

Throwing my hands up in the air in anger, I went back over the list of names. It wasn’t overly large. One of the names, though, stood out to me. Artoria.

 

‘I don’t know why, but this name calls to me? Isn’t this the name of Arthur Pendragon from the Fate stuff…?’

 

???: “I pick Artoria.”

 

I then felt something wash over me, and the name etched itself into my very soul.

 

Name has been permanently changed too: Artoria! Become stronger to earn a last name, Artoria!

 

Artoria: “I feel… more complete. Still kinda mad about losing my old name, but at least my new one is great.”

 

My display then went back to my status, and it now displayed my new name. Smiling at that, I then selected the next available option which was Race.

 

Human: Jack of all trades, and generally weak over all. Can not naturally evolve, and growth is very limited. Has the capacity to use all basic elemental magic, and their advanced forms but can not use other types of magic without outside help. Has no passives or racial skills. Total default lifespan is 100~ years, with mana increasing it up to a cap of 250~ years.

 

Artoria: “Well, that is disappointing, but also pretty standard. And I guess that because my race is displayed, I might be able to change it. No, I know I will. That shitty god won’t leave me as some ‘weak crummy’ human as the Ultimate Evil after all…”

 

Next was my level.

 

Your current level and how close you are to your next level up. You have no level cap, and it will reset every time you evolve. Raising your level will slightly increase your base stats.

 

‘No level cap is awesome. And having it reset every time I evolve is kind of like reincarnating in games I guess? Pretty standard over all. Next are Class and Subclass.’

Your current Class and Subclasses and how close they are to levelling up. They may only be changed when you evolve. When you get a class, or the option to select one, you’ll be able to read about it. Your classes may not pass you in levels. When you evolve they will not be able to continue to level up until you pass them again.

 

‘More standard looking stuff. Not being able to change a class unless I am evolving makes me wonder how others get and change theirs. More so for humans, and other races that can not evolve. Also, I guess my classes do not reset in level when I evolve. Meh, next up is…’

 

This is your current alignment. The closer you get to “Ultimate Evil” the stronger you will become. There will be check points at every new “level” of Evil you reach to prevent you from falling back to good.

 

‘Oh…kay… I don’t really know what to do with this information. Maybe I can resist falling to the Dark side as it were? But knowing that shitty god, he has set things up so I will eventually become Evil no matter what I want, or do.’

 

I sighed at my fate. I didn’t want to become evil, honestly. But everything is literally built for me to become just that, and I really wondered how long I could even hold out against fate. Or if it was already to late.

 

Artoria: “How would the check points even work for something like that???”

 

Sighing once again, I move on to the next item on the list: Corruption.

 

This is the level of corruption you emit, also known as “Evil Miasma,” both here and in the real world. It is closely tied to your level of evil, and a few other factors. Such as spells and passives you may earn later on. At lower levels you’ll eventually start to warp your environment slowly, making it more comfortable for Evil aligned entities. As it gets higher and higher, you’ll start to corrupt a larger area and start to spawn Corrupted Monsters variants. Be warned as this rises, it’ll be easier and easier for the Good aligned to find your general location.

 

Artoria: “Well that’s not ominous at all! So as I get closer and closer to being the Ultimate Evil, the good guys will be able to find me easier and easier? What the shit, you shitty god?! I better learn some magic to obscure my location better one day, or I am in for a bad time. I’ve already died once, and I want to limit that experience as much as I can!”

 

Moving on, I selected Soul Energy next.

 

The amount of soul energy you have gotten from your kills. This varies wildly between entity to entity. Though you will generally get more from stronger entities you kill, though this is not always the case. Soul energy is mainly used to evolve. You will lose some of your stored soul energy when killed.

 

Artoria: “So.. like souls and stuff from the Dark Souls games? Well, at least it says ‘some’ soul energy, and not all of it. Because I just know I am going to be dying a lot…”

 

This is the integrity of the seal on your real body. As you get stronger and stronger, the seal will weaken. When it breaks, you will be released and your body and soul will merge.

 

‘Nothing fancy about that, moving on.’

 

This is a counter for the amount of times you have been slain.

 

Artoria: “That’s it? Fuck you shitty god. Next.”

 

This is the level of your Inner Realm where you wake up after you have been killed. When you are able too, you may spend your soul energy to level this area up. Doing so will expand it, add features, and let you customise it. Time is frozen outside when you are in your Inner Realm. And you may not enter it in combat.

 

‘Ahh. So I can upgrade this fucking dump? Good. Had no idea this was in my soul or something though. Explains why the door vanished when I left the first time. I should try and make that door reappear when I leave next.’

 

When you get skills, they will be listed here. An example would be [Swordsmanship-N1]. This indicates you have the swordsmanship skill at the rank of novice at level 1. There are several ranks: Beginner(B), Novice(N), Adept(A), Expert(E), Master(M), Grand-Master(GM), Godlike(EX) and finally, a rank only you will be able to access, Ultimate Evil(UEX). All ranks have 10 levels, with the exception of UEX. At the rank of UEX, the skill (or otherwise) will be engraved on to your soul, becoming your own power permanently.

 

‘Quite a lot here. Most is a standard kind of system, but the UEX level. By the wordings, it means that if the system were to be removed somehow, or something, I would be fine? And I don’t rely on it for that ability anymore? I think so anyway.’

 

The spell and passive section were much the same as the skills, so I was able to skip them.

 

Artoria: “Now.. for the weirdest part of my status. My stats.”

 

When I selected my Vitality, I got a notice first.

 

As the Ultimate Evil (in training at least!) your stats can not be quantified like the rest of the rift raft. But they CAN be described.

 

Artoria: “Oh…kay….? Moving on I guess.”

 

This is an approximation of your current level of Vitality. How much of a beating you can take before you are killed.

 

I frowned when I looked over the rest of my stats. They all sounded so pathetic!

 

‘Not that I am surprised. I was just a normal nobody before… oh well, moving on.’

 

This is an approximation of your current level of Strength. How hard you can hit physically, how much you can lift, etc.

 

This is an approximation of your current level of Defence. How much physical damage you can resist without armour on.

 

This is an approximation of your current level of Resistance. How much magic damage you can resist without armour on, and your ability to resist abnormal status effects like poison, etc.

 

This is an approximation of your current level of Dexterity. Your ability to move smoothly, eye-hand coordination, movement speed, accuracy, etc.

 

This is an approximation of your current level of Wisdom. Your general knowledge and understanding of the world, items, spells, events, tactics, etc.

 

This is an approximation of your current level of Magic. How powerful your spells are, how fast you can cast, how efficient you are with your spells, etc.

 

This is an approximation of your current level of Mana. How big your mana pool is, and how fast it regenerates. Unlike most entities, you generate your own mana, and not take it from the environment.

 

After going over my pathetic stats, I more or less understood what each of them will do now. I was kinda weirded out that it wasn’t in all numbers or anything, but I literally couldn’t do anything about it, so I moved on to my last section. Quests.

 

This is where your quests will appear. You may get quests from the system, or from an entity out in the world. System quests are special, as they will never have a penalty for failing a quest other than what happens naturally from your effort of doing said quest. While you may skip any or all quests, it is advised you take them as they can provide good boons to you.

 

Artoria: “Thank fuck. I was worried system quests would have the bullshit ‘You failed?! YOU DIE’ crap.’

 

Nodding my head, I close the description of quests, only to get an alert.

 

Hidden quest finished!

~Select a name, and learn about your status sheet and what everything entails.~

Reward: Soul weapon of your choice (B1), early access to soul storage(B1).

 

My right brow twitched when I read the notice. If that shitty god didn’t remember to send me that note, how long would I have been without a weapon? Or even knew about any of my stats even!

 

‘SHITTY GOD! DIE AGAIN!! … Well, it’s not like I can use ANY of these weapons. But it’s something…’

 

While looking through the weapons, one type stood out to me. I got the same feeling as when I selected my name. So, without hesitation, I selected “Long Sword.”

 

Your Soul Name has caused a Soul Resonance with the weapon! 

 

Then there was an explosion of red, black and purple flames and energy everywhere. It absolutely flooded my little room, but it didn’t burn or destroy anything. This wildness went on before it all consolidated into the shape of a sword. Eventually everything settled down, and floating in front of me was a sword I recognised, even if it did look rusty and old.

 

Artoria: “Isn’t that Excal–” 

 

But before I could finish my sentence, the sword suddenly pointed at my heart, and plunged inside me.

 

Artoria: “Ahh!! FU– wait. It didn’t hurt. I’m fine?”

 

Looking down and patting my chest where the sword stabbed me, I found that I was totally fine. I then felt a slight burning sensation on the top of my right hand, and an alert was displayed.

 

Your Soul Name has resonated, and called forth Excalibur Morgan! But it is in a severely weakened state. It will repair itself and grow in power as you do!

 

Excalibur Morgan

B1 Rank (UEX potential)

Damage rank: B1 Penetration: B1
Block rank: B1 Magic rank: B1

Traits:

Soul Weapon, Amplify Magic B1(Locked), Evil Touched EX, Evil Light B1(Locked)

Abilities:

Flame Slash B1(Locked), Evil Ray B1(Locked), Devastation B1(Locked).

 

I stared at the display in total shock, I was completely flabbergasted. Snapping out of my trance, I looked down at the back of my right hand to see what was up with it. And there was a tattoo of Excalibur Morgan in all its glory in the middle of my hand. The tip of the sword was pointing towards my fingers.

 

 

Dismissing the display, I closed my eyes and focused on the feeling I got from the tattoo on my hand. Shortly after, I felt my hand gripping something fairly heavy. Opening my eyes, I could clearly see I had Excalibur Morgan in my hand. I marvelled at the blade. It looks exactly like it did from the show, if a bit beat up looking. And it felt so natural to hold it.

 

I swung it a few times in excitement. Sadly, just because it feels natural to hold it, I didn’t suddenly know how to use it. And it was heavy in my grip, which didn’t help matters. But it didn’t matter to me, I had a weapon. MY weapon.

 

I walked over to the mirror, and checked myself out holding the sword. I smiled wildly at what I saw.

 

Artoria: “This looks so fucking awesome! Honestly, I half expected to look like Artoria Alter herself heh. Anyway, what were those traits and abilities about?”

 

Looking up the basic attributes first quickly, I confirmed they were as exactly as you’d expected, and so I just went directly to the traits.

 

A soul weapon is a weapon that is bound to your soul, and will grow as you do. They are indestructible, and can attack incorporeal entities without outside assistance. You can not be harmed by any kind of attack from your own soul weapon.

 

Artoria: “Mostly what I expected. Being able to attack things like Ghosts without buffs or shit is always good. And being immune to friendly fire is awesome! Now for Amply Magic.”

 

Excalibur Morgan boosts your Magic stat while it is summoned, very slightly. The amount of a boost will increase as the sword becomes more powerful. At UEX rank, the boost will be permanent, even with the sword stored in your soul. Currently locked as you do not have a Magic stat yet.

 

Artoria: “Awesome. Super weak right now, but still awesome. I wonder how I unlock my magic stat though? Meh, Next!”

 

This soul weapon has been bathed in a great Evil. It will deal bonus damage to Good aligned entities, and may not be wielded by such entities. Will slowly corrupt the wielder.

 

Artoria: “And there it is. Just by having this weapon, I’ll slowly go down the path of Evil. Tch, shitty god be shitty. I bet any soul weapon would have had this though. I haven't felt any Eviler since I got it, so it’s not a fast corruption at least. No use stressing out over this, since it is literally bound to my soul. Anyway, what’s next?”

 

Excalibur Morgan surrounds itself in unholy light to further boost itself and attacks made. Will reserve a portion of your mana to upkeep the buff. At later ranks, the buff will improve in various ways, and cost less to maintain. Currently locked because you have no mana to supply the sword with.

 

Artoria: “Alright, that sounds pretty sweet. Buffs are always good! Now for the three abilities.”

 

Excalibur Morgan surrounds itself with unholy flames as you swing the sword, and then launches the flames forward in the arc of the slash. Currently locked because you have no mana to supply to the sword.

 

‘Nice, nice. A basic but welcome ability.’

 

Excalibur Morgan overdraws on the Evil Light surrounding it, and buffs the next slash to release a devastating attack. Currently locked because you have no mana to supply to the sword.

 

‘Very nice. I think I saw OG Artoria do that a few times? Now, the next one sounds deadly.’

 

Excalibur Morgan overdraws from your mana, and combines the two other abilities into one to obliterate everything before you. Currently locked because you have no mana to supply to the sword.

 

Artoria: “Awe yeah. I can’t wait to try that out. But I would be willing to bet this would take a massive chunk of my mana whenever I get some. Hell, I might not even have enough at the start to use this ability! Well, that was everything about my new partner. Even with your corrupting ability, I am still extremely happy to have you Excalibur Morgan.”

 

Willing my sword away, I open the description for Soul Storage.

 

At its current rank, your soul storage can hold 5 cubic metres of storage. Time is not altered in any way in your storage. Must be at the chest in your Inner Realm to access. Anything inside will be preserved through your death.

 

Artoria: “That reminds me. I hope I can get some soul bound armour eventually. Otherwise I will have to search for or buy some after every time I die.”

 

I look around sheepishly for a few seconds.

 

Artoria: “Damn, no Deus Ex Machina for armour eh? Oh well, I can only hold out hope for some down the road. At least I have a damn weapon now though. Shitty god.”

 

I bring up my full status to look it over before I head out.

 

Name: Artoria Class: N/A Seal integrity: 100% Passives: N/A Dexterity: You can walk and run without tripping. Most of the time. Congrats!
Age: 32 (Appearance 21)  Subclasses: N/A Deaths: 1 Vitality: Well, at least you’re not dying by breathing, right? Wisdom: Well, at least you know where to put the pointy end of a sword.
Sex: Female Alignment: neutral 20 Inner Realm level: 1 Strength: It’s honestly surprising you can even stand on your own two feet! Magic: What’s that? Can you eat it?
Race: Human Corruption: 0% Skills: N/A Defence: A baby could wreck your shit. Mana: As empty of content as a sports video game.
Level: 0 (0%) Soul Energy: 0/100 Spells: N/A Resistance: A light breeze will be able to put you down. Quests: N/A

Soul Weapon: Excalibur Morgan

 

Nodding my head, I smile and head towards the door.

 

Artoria: “Now, I am going to see if I can kill that fucking guard who murdered me for no reason, and get some revenge.”

 

Oh what up, a new story~?! So, I was going to take a break from writing for several days, but this just wouldn't leave my head, so I put it to paper(screen)~! Also, does anyone know if because I referenced/add the Fate stuff with the name and sword, that makes this an auto fanfic? If so, I will recon the names. This story will have nothing to do with Fate other than the MC's name, the sword, and maybe amour. I just suck at naming and designing shit~. I also really love the name Artoria... Also! NULL DAMN did making those fucking tables take forEVER. I hope you like them, because they took so much work~! And they didn't even turn out perfectly, but fuck it~.

37