Chapter 12. Bar
556 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Brother, can you really help me out?” Nicole Kidd was surprised when her brother, William Kidd told her that he had a plan.

“Yes, I already have what I need.” William said. He purchased some special stuff from Terry at the recommendation of a friend. This would be the best time to try it out.

“Where did you get the money?” Nicole was suspicious. Everyone knew that William was a gambler and owed money from debt collectors all the time. However, he was always smart enough to settle his debts and earn more money at critical times through illegal methods. Nicole didn’t know how he did it but she sure was fortunate that she still had a house to stay in.

“I have my ways. How many times did I tell you to not ask?” William seemed to be a little angry as he said that, so Nicole shut her mouth.

“You just need to focus on studying. Leave the rest to me.” William added.

If there was one good thing about William, it was that he loved his sister very much. Nicole Kidd was an excellent student ever since she was young. After both of them left the orphanage and lived alone in the city, William had been doing odd jobs to earn money for Nicole’s education. Nicole did not disappoint him as well, her good results earned her a spot in university where she was studying now.

As much as Nicole loathed what her brother was doing, no words could go through William. He was adamant that this was the best way to live the life that they wanted, and nothing could change his way of thinking.

Recently, Nicole fell in love with a man that she knew in university. Her feelings towards him grew as they spent more time together, but her feelings were not returned because that man already had a girlfriend. Nicole even lost her appetite and became depressed because she was heartbroken. William could not stand to see her sister continue to be like this.

Life wouldn't pour money and happiness down at you for nothing. If you want something, go get it, even if god forbids. William understood this, but Nicole didn’t. So William decided to help her out.

“What are you going to do?” Nicole asked. Her brother was always very dependable when she needed help.

“Just do what I ask you to do.” William said as he cut open the brown package and took out the things inside with a wide grin.

—---------

There was a bar near the university that the students frequently went to. Mostly went to hang out, to dance or to meet new friends, otherwise there were also some who went to pick up girls. The bar was crowded and busy most of the time, especially at night when the students were done with their classes. With blaring music and colorful lights flashing at the dance floor, it was a place for them to get hyped up and release their stress.

Danial went to the bar after his date with Kate that day. It had been very suffocating to be with his girlfriend lately. Faced with impending assignment deadlines and other student activities, his love life was the last thing in his mind right now. They did have an argument and fortunately Kate understood why they had been meeting each other less so she was willing to give him space to do his thing.

A university friend of his who was also coincidentally in the bar saw him drinking alone, so he went up to him and put his arm around his shoulder.

“Hey, whatcha doing alone? Where’s your girl?” He asked. He’d seen his girlfriend, Kate before. She was a pretty and attractive woman with a hot body. A good catch.

Danial just acknowledged him and continued drinking, downing the tequila with one swig.

“I just need a drink.” Danial said.

His friend lifted an eyebrow. “Girlfriend problem, huh? Since you’re here, why not head to the dance floor? I see some hot girls.”

Danial just scoffed and briefly glimpsed at the dance floor. It was packed with men and women rubbing and twisting their scantily clad bodies with each other.

“Come on, go have some fun, you’ll feel better.” His friend said. As much as he didn’t want to admit it, Danial was a good-looking man that gave off a bad-boy aura so women tended to flock to him although he didn’t do anything. It was easier for him to get to know girls when Danial was with him.

Danial just waved him away. “I’m fine, you go.”

Seeing that Danial was unfazed, his friend just shrugged and went off on his own way.

It was something of a routine for him. Sometimes he would just order himself a bottle of alcohol and finish it alone. It just felt less lonely when he was in the bar with many people around him.

“Hey, are you interested in a tattoo service?” Suddenly a bald man came beside him.

Danial turned his head to give him a sideways glance. 

“No, thanks.” Right after he said that, a woman who seemed to be a little drunk staggered towards him and accidentally hit his shoulder. She was holding a glass of alcohol in her hand, and a small amount of alcohol fell onto his shirt from the impact. Instinctively, he stood up and moved away.

“Oops, sorry.” That woman simply said, her lips curled up as she winked at him.

Danial just adjusted his clothes a little before saying ‘it’s okay’. He turned his eyes away from her big breasts, making sure that she understood he wasn’t interested.

The bald man was still next to him, witnessing the whole scene when he went back to his seat.

“Be careful.” The bald man said as he patted his shoulder. Danial just nodded and continued to take another swig of the tequila.

Ugh, it was awful.

—--------

Nicole Kidd wasn’t sure what her brother wanted her to do when he asked her to wait outside Danial’s apartment. She had just finished having her dinner and was about to start her skincare routine when she received the call from her brother.

“It’s time, Nicole. You’ll get your guy tonight. Go to his apartment.” That was what William had said.

“Huh? Wha- what did you do?”

“I’ve spiked his drink. Use this chance and make him yours. I’ll handle the rest.”

Nicole was so flabbergasted when she heard him that she immediately jumped up from her chair. “William, don’t hurt him.”

“Don’t worry, he’ll be fine.” William said on the other side of the phone while smoking his cigarette. He had been keeping an eye on Danial since he snuck the aphrodisiac in his drink. The other woman who was also in the scheme with him had left happily after he paid her for her assistance.

It was a long story about how he was able to get his hands on the aphrodisiac. It was an illegal drug that was often sold at high prices in the black market, but this one that he got from Terry was different. It was a new kind of aphrodisiac and someone was conducting trials on it, so instead of paying for it, he got it for free and was even paid to record its effects. He was supposed to use it for himself but when he remembered what Nicole told her about Danial, he decided it would be wise to use it on him instead.

It was always better to let someone else be the lab rat, wasn’t it? Besides, if it worked, both of them got the benefit. Nicole got her guy and he knew that the drug worked. It was a win-win situation.

He didn’t need to feel guilty - he didn’t have any good feelings for Danial and he thought that Nicole deserved someone better than him.

“So? You’re chickening out now?” William teased. Her sister was always a timid one.

“Of course not!” Nicole retorted. But it wasn’t like she had any other choice. “I’ll go now. Is he there?”

“I’ll send him over to you. Get ready.” He said before he hung up the phone. He quickly moved when he noticed that Danial was getting up. His cheeks were a little flushed, looking like he was drunk.

“Hey, be careful.” William went next to him to lend a helping hand. He then led him out of the bar and hailed a cab for him.

It was at this time that Danial’s friend came out of the bar and saw William trying to put him into the cab. Being the concerned friend that he was, he walked towards them. 

“Danial? What’s wrong with you?” He asked, then looked at William. “Who are you?”

William’s heart skipped a beat for a moment but he quickly got his composure. “I saw that this guy here seems to be quite drunk, so I’m helping to send him home.”

“I’ve never seen him being so drunk before.” Danial’s friend said. He didn’t hesitate to slap his cheeks. “Wake up, Danial!”

Danial knitted his brows and seemed to be in much discomfort. He did open his eyes briefly to look at his friend, but he wasn’t able to say anything. “Looks like he won’t be able to drive.” His friend said. “I should go with him, make sure he gets home safe.”

William was stunned as he did not expect this to happen. “I’m sure he’ll know how to go back to his place.” He said, trying to stop him.

“He seems like he’s not able to walk…” His friend said, when the driver suddenly cut him off.

“So are we going or not?” The driver asked grumpily, wanting them to make a decision. He was afraid that the man at the back might suddenly puke in his cab, so he wanted him gone as soon as possible.

“I’ll be fine alone…” Danial suddenly said with a hoarse voice. His head was killing him right now.

“Alright then…” His friend said. Seconds later, the two men watched the cab drive off into the traffic. William had a smug smile on his face as his plan worked, while his friend looked in worry.

A big thank you to Lizbeth for becoming my $50 patron! :D
From now on, I will be releasing new chapters twice weekly until further notice.
Thank you for reading!

3