Chapter 3
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- Welcome to Unity High School, Jack," I said, sitting down in the chair behind the desk.
- mm," he replied curtly.
- Here's your ID and your schedule," I said as I opened one of the desk drawers and pulled out an ID and a piece of printed paper and placed it on the desk.
Without saying anything jack grabs the ID and puts it inside his vest and then looks at the printed paper.
- natalia i would like you to guide jack to area 1 to room n°4, please.
- yes.
- and as for you jack, i hope you have a pleasant stay in this institution, both of you may retire to your room.
- mmm, good bye," said jack shortly as he left the room with natalia.
I sighed as I watched the door close at the back of the room leaving me alone, getting ready to start working someone starts knocking on the door.
- come in.
- On my premises," said the person after closing the door behind her.
A beautiful woman enters my office bringing a large amount of papers floating behind her as she approaches my desk.
- Director, I need you to review and sign these papers," she said as the papers begin to fall neatly onto the desk.
- Of course, it still amazes me how you manage to do these things," I said as I watched the last paper land.
- practice, just practice.
- Yeah right, it's almost like I'm telling you I'm the most powerful woman on the planet," I said as I arranged a lock of hair in front of my left eye.
- No, but you are one of the most powerful women in this city," she said as a demure smile formed on her face.
- Yes, yes, bring some coffee glasses for both of us," I said as I began to read and affirm the papers.
- Of course," he said and shortly after a couple of cups of coffee landed on the desk.
- Thank you Agatha," I said as I put down my pen and took a sip of hot coffee.
- You are welcome.
- How is Amanda -I asked.
- She's still doing well, you know, studying the technopaths," he said and then took a sip.
- Hey.
- Yeah?
- Do you know why she asked me to take care of jack?
- I have no idea, I'm just in charge of taking care of you, although he reminds me of someone," he said as he took another sip of coffee absentmindedly.
- What, does he remind you of an ex-boyfriend or an unrequited love?
- (coughing) god, no, it would be nice if that's all it was.
- I'm getting really curious, come on, tell me who it is," I said with a slight smile on my face.
- I can't," he said gently putting the cup down on the desk.
- Come on, who is it," I said trying to press her to tell me the name.
- I just can't.
- come on, you can," I said trying to encourage her.
- I don't know her name.
--come on, somehow you had to address him or just call him, guy without a specific name," I said feeling a little discouraged by her response.
- no, we called him, capi or captain when necessary.
- hoo, so you were in the army, Agatha," I said, turning my attention to a part of his life that I didn't know about.
- it was a long time ago," she said with a nostalgic air.
- So, will you tell me more about yourself, or not," I said, almost finished signing the documents.
- All in good time," he said, leaving the empty cup on the desk.
- I'll look forward to it," I said, signing the last document.
- I'm going back to work," she said shortly as she stood up and the documents began to float away following her.
- Take care of yourself," I said as I watched her leave.

0