Chapter 4, Part Three: Bad Apple
201 11 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Like in Part 2 of Chapter 2, I will use this symbol {} to signify "Amelia plan" or flashback scenes.


{After the girls finished telling Amelia about their abilities, she looked up at the Council.

Amelia:" Alright, now that I know what you can do, I gotta ask. Council girls, have you ever fought something together, like, as a team?"

Bae:" Nope, never."

Mumei:" There was never a need for us to team up against anything... "

Sana:" I've never even fought anything before... "

Amelia gets a little smirk on her face before responding. 

Amelia:" PERFECT! " 

The rest of the girls all furrow their eyebrows in confusion at her response. 

Kronii:" Uhhh what? "

Amelia:" Let me explain. We are going to make The Ancient Ones think they're winning. You will attempt to attack them as a team, but you'll fight bad on purpose. Since you don't know how to fight as a team in the first place, that shouldn't be hard. You could even pretend to accidentally hit each other, just don't do it too hard. "

Mumei:" … Do we have to do this?? "

Amelia:" Yes! We don't know how strong The Ancient Ones are now or what they can do, so it's important that we catch them off guard. When they think that you guys can't fight, you'll throw them off with a cool combo attack!”

Mumei lets out an exasperated sigh before replying.

Mumei:" Guess I’ll have to turn off my wind defense then…”

Amelia:” Oh right, I almost forgot you had that! You can turn that off?”

Mumei:” It’s a bit difficult to do since it’s based on my instincts, but I can do it if I really want to. Turned it off during my fight with Kiara.”

Kiara:" Ugh, did you have to remind me of that?" 

Mumei gets closer to her and pats her head.

Mumei:” Hey, don’t worry, I’m pretty sure we were even there so, it wouldn’t have mattered even if I didn’t turn it off!”

Kiara:” Yeah, I guess we were even…” (At first…)

Amelia then turns to Fauna. 

Amelia:” Fauna, you think you can do this? I know you’re not really a fighter…”

Fauna:” That’s true, but since it’s for you guys, I’ll do my best! Just like last time!” 

Amelia:” Right, your fight with Calli… I didn’t really get to see much of it, was uhhhh busy at the moment…” She says and then turns to Kronii.
“ Hey Kronii, maybe you can replay that one for us when this is over?”

Kronii:” Sure, I could replay some other fights too if you want!} 


As soon as the girls heard Amelia say that line, they all knew what they had to do. Fauna slowly descends into the ground, while Kiara and Mumei both disappear, leaving craters on the ground they used to stand on and Bae goes inside of one of her portals. 

The Ancient Ones stood in place with their arms crossed, simply watching it all.

AO:(What are they trying now? Another pathetic attempt at teamwork?)

Kiara appears flying toward them from behind, and they notice her right away and quickly turn around. 

With flames covering her left foot, she does a sideways kick, they block it with their hands and get sent to the ground, making a crater in it upon landing. Upon looking at their arms, they see that they’re slowly melting, from their forearms down, until they're gone completely. 

Fauna starts emerging from the ground behind them. She turns her right arm into diamonds and punches a hole straight through their chest. Her eyes slightly widened from her own attack.

Fauna:" Uhhh whoops!" 

She takes her arm out of them and returns into the ground afterwards. 

While The Ancient Ones are taken aback by their attacks, and as they’re trying to regenerate, Mumei rushes towards their front with small tornados spinning around her fists.

Mumei:" TWIN TORNADO STRIKE!

She slams both of her fists against their chest, her tornados shoot into it and make them bounce off the ground, then send them high into the air.

Her tornadoes dissipate and Kronii appears in the sky in front of them. They quickly regenerate their wounds, point their palm at her, but she rushes towards them and punches them in the face, which pushes them away.

Kronii:" Event Replay.

Upon calmly saying the attack name, the punch which she delivered to their face repeats itself multiple times. As they're being further pushed away, Sana appears above them.

AO:(Sana!)

Sana:" GRAVITATIONAL COLLAPSE!

She yells out and punches them in the stomach, shooting them down to the ground, while making a huge crater in the ground.

AO:(Her punch feels so heavy... We cannot move... It is as if her fist is still pressed against Us!)

As The Ancient Ones are stuck against the ground, they look as if they're being pushed down by a strong invisible force. They manage to lift their head up and see Gura running up to them with her trident in hand. She spins her trident with both hands and then slams its head against the ground. A huge tsunami rises from the ground in front of her. As the tsunami gets closer to them, hundreds of water sharks materialize in it, all going after The Ancient Ones.

AO:(What is this? There is no way they would use the shark to try to finish Us off, she is far too weak. Even eating one of those apples would not help her. This must be a distraction... Even so, we cannot let Ourselves get hit by such a pathetic attack!)

They break out of Sana's gravity attack, jump up and fly backwards. They spread their arms wide and multiple pentagrams appear in the sky next to them. Purple beams shoot from them and they destroy every single one of Gura's water sharks. They then quickly turn around and see another huge water shark, dozens of times bigger than the previous ones.

AO:" DID YOU THINK WE HAD NOT NOTICED THIS?!"

The Ancient Ones extend two tentacles towards the shark, but before they reach it, the shark pops as if it were a water balloon, and The Ancient Ones’ eyes widen when they see that Bae was inside the shark.

Bae:" Nope!" 

She grabs both of their tentacles, one in each hand and as her eyes begin to glow a bright red color, a red laser shoots from them. The moment her laser connects with their body, it pushes them away and tentacles she was holding rip off, and Gura’s tsunami quickly descends into the ground. They continue to travel into the direction of the same building Kiara crashed into before and the girls are all following them on the ground.

Once the Ancient Ones get close enough to the building, Fauna puts her palms against the ground and a huge oak tree grows in front of the building. The Ancient Ones crash into the tree and Bae stops her laser eyes. As soon as they crash into it, thick branches burst out and wrap themselves around their hands and feet. 

Kiara and Mumei get closer to each other and each raises one palm, puts it right next to the other’s  and they point them at The Ancient Ones. A massive tornado bursts out of Mumei’s palm and at the same time, scorching flames from Kiara’s palm and the two combine into one attack.

Kiara & Mumei:" FLAMING TORNADO!!" they yell out as they fire the attack.

As soon as The Ancient Ones’ body gets hit by their attack, it starts to melt, but Fauna’s tree remains undamaged, while being enveloped by green energy. 

AO:(These girls... They pretended to not know how to fight as a team to catch Us off guard!)

Amelia swallows nervously, then turns to Gura, looks at her trident and lets out a little gasp.

Amelia:" Gura! Throw your trident in there!"

Gura:" WHAT?! That wasn't in the plan!"

Amelia:" I know, we're improvising!!"

Gura nods at Amelia and throws her trident into the flaming tornado. The trident spins and turns a bright orange color.

As The Ancient Ones see Gura’s trident getting closer to them, they clench their teeth and fists in anger.

AO:" WE WILL NOT LOSE TO THE LIKES OF YOU! "

Dozens of huge tentacles jut out of their back, they envelop both Fauna's tree and the building behind it, crushing them both to bits. They duck and Gura's trident misses them and continues flying into the sky. Kiara and Mumei stop their attack and The Ancient Ones appear in front of them in an instant. They wrap every single one of the girls with their tentacles while regenerating their melted body.

AO:" We must admit, that was quite the trick you pulled. Unfortunately for you, it was simply not enough."

Gura moves two fingers upwards and her trident rushes back at The Ancient Ones from behind. Without turning around, they summon two huge black hands and grab the trident between them. They drop it and it slowly returns to its original blue color.

Gura:" Ghh dammit..."

Fauna looks down and notices one of her golden apples on the ground, then tries to reach it. A small tree emerges from the ground under it and brings it closer to her.

Fauna:" If I could only... Get the apple..."

The Ancient Ones smile while watching her struggle to reach the apple, then they grab it instead of you.

AO:" How nice of you, Ceres Fauna. We have been wondering what would happen if We were to eat this."

Fauna:" Noooooo!" 

Everyone grits their teeth with concern upon seeing them take the apple. The Ancient Ones open their mouth wide and swallow the apple whole.

Amelia suddenly gets a smug look on her face and then giggles.

Amelia:" Hook, line and sinker! Just as planned!" 

The Ancient Ones’ eyes widen and they drop all of them, then they try to move, but they can’t.

Ina:" I can't believe that worked..." 

All of the girls slowly pick themselves up from the ground.

AO:(What is going on? Is it the apple? Was something in it!?) 

They look at Amelia and their eyes widen when they see that the three syringes that were on her thigh are gone.


{Amelia:" After you fire your combined attack, The Ancient Ones will break out and I suspect they will capture us all first before killing us. None of us will attempt to dodge it or break out." 

The girls furrow their eyebrows in confusion upon hearing that. 

Bae:" Wait, what?"

Amelia:" I assume that The Ancient Ones are near unkillable at this point so, trying to do that would be pointless. That's why you will use the combined attack in order for all of us to get captured."

Fauna:" I don't think I understand, how will us getting captured by them help? "

Amelia:" I'm glad you asked! One of your golden apples will be our trump card! Can you give me one real quick?"

While still confused, Fauna materializes a golden apple in her hand, and hands it to Amelia. 

Fauna:" My golden apple? "

Amelia takes it and starts walking in circles. 

Amelia:" Throughout this whole fight, we will pretend that your golden apple is able to enhance our abilities, and boost our power. You will all be holding back during the fight, but upon eating the apple, you'll use stronger attacks to deceive them. If The Ancient Ones try to take the apple, you will destroy it, to make them think that the boost in power would also affect them. After we get captured, Fauna, you will attempt to reach your apple, but this time we will let The Ancient Ones take it instead. They'll probably think that they can kill us without the apple but will still eat it because they want to be more powerful. However, the apple that they will eat… “ she says while taking out one of her syringes.
“ Will be filled with Watson's Concoction! "

An awkward silence fills the air as Amelia said that.

Amelia:" Come on, let me hear your praise!" she says and puts her hands on her hips.

Ina:" Uhhh Ame, do you really think something like that will work on them? "

Amelia:" Well, thanks to Kronii, we already know that Watson's Concoction works on divine beings. I doubt they'll fall to their knees and start throwing up, but a triple dosage should at least paralyze them for a minute. " she says with a smug look on her face.

Kronii:" YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO REMIND ME OF THAT! "

The girls simply giggle at Kronii’s reaction.}


The Ancient Ones notice everyone’s reactions and come to a realization. 

AO:(This… It was all planned? Even getting captured?)

Amelia:" Fauna's golden apple doesn't give any kind of boost in power. They were only pretending it does, so you'd want to eat it. But the apple you ate had a triple dosage of Watson's Concoction! " 

AO:(The drug she made... But, how could a drug made by a human... Be affecting Us ?)

Amelia:" I know what you're thinking. You're wondering how a drug made by a human is affecting you. Hehehe!"

Bae:" You wanna know how it's affecting you? It's because it has my spit in it!" 

As she says that, she then takes the key off her collar, swallows it and rushes towards them. 

Kiara:" Bae? What are you doing? "

Bae:" Improvising! Do your part right after this! "

Bae shapes her right hand in the form of a claw and inserts it inside of The Ancient Ones' stomach. Black and purple energy starts running up her arm.

AO:(She is... Trying to take our power...)

Bae takes her hand out and materializes a small black box in her left hand. The energy rushes inside of it and the box closes and locks itself up. Bae backs away from them, gives a thumbs up to Kiara and she nods at her.

Kiara:" CALLI! DO IT NOW!"

Calli suddenly appears from a black portal in the ground right in front of The Ancient Ones, with her palm pointed towards them.

AO:(The Reaper!)

Calli:" Grave of Being!

A huge iron maiden appears from the ground behind the Ancient Ones. It opens up and captures them.

Amelia:" Throw them, Calli!"

A huge skeleton appears behind Calli, it grabs the iron maiden and throws it forward.


{Amelia:" After The Ancient Ones eat the apple and get paralyzed, Kiara, that's where Calli comes in. You told her what I said in the message right? "

Kiara:" Yeah, she was there and I was reading it out loud but, but you didn't really say anything specific..."


A few hours ago, in Kiara’s bedroom.

Kiara(reading Amelia's message):" I'm assuming you woke up cause you sensed a huge amount of energy. That means we were successful in splitting Ina away from The Ancient Ones. But it's not over yet. Now we have to get rid of them. Kiara, you come over here as fast as you can, but tell Calli not to come with you. I don't exactly know what we'll do just yet, but we will keep her a secret for the end. Find a way to contact her without using a phone and you'll tell her what to do afterwards. "

Calli:" So, I gotta stay behind huh. "

Kiara:" Looks like it. I don't know what she's planning, but we should listen to her."

Calli lets out a sigh before responding. 

Calli:" Yeah alright, but how will we contact each other without a phone? "

Kiara:" Don't worry, I know what to do! See this badge on my shirt?" she says and points to her badge.
"I can get another one and we can talk through it!"

Calli:" Oh cool! Well come on, give me the other one!"

Kiara materializes the badge in her left hand.

Kiara:" Here!"

Calli:" Oh I thought it would be in a drawer or something..." she takes it and sticks the badge onto her dress.
" Alright, I'm gonna go check if this thing works in the Underworld!"

Calli descends  into the ground and emerges in her room in the Underworld.

Calli:" Test, test, can you hear me? "

Kiara:" Oh yes! I can hear you! Alright, I'm off now!"

Kiara whips out her huge Phoenix wings and flies out through her window. 


After she finishes talking, Amelia looks at the badge on Kiara’s shirt. 

Amelia:" So you can talk through this badge?”  

Kiara:" Yup! I just need to speak into it and she’ll hear me!"

Gura:" Oh wait, Calli is in there? Hi Calli! " 

Gura patiently awaited for a response with a smile on her face, but hears nothing. 

Kronii:" Idiot, she can't hear you while time is stopped. "

Gura:" Oh... I knew that of course! "

Amelia giggles and then turns towards Bae. 

Amelia:" Now, a question for you Bae. That portal you came out of, where does it lead to? "

Bae:" Uhhh my room..."

Amelia:" Oh... Can you not like, create an entire new dimension and make a portal lead to it? " 

Bae:" I'm not sure, I've never tried it..."

After a moment of thinking, Sana’s eyes slightly widen and she speaks up

Sana:" Oh! So you want to seal them in another dimension?"

Amelia:" Yeah... Since I suspect they can't be killed, this is the next best thing."

Sana:" Then what if  all of the Council combines their powers? If we all try to at the same time, we could definitely create another dimension!"

The Council all look at each other and nod.

Fauna:" That sounds doable!"

Mumei:” I’m not really sure if my powers will be useful there, but I’m definitely joining in!”

Amelia:" Well, that sounds like it'll work! Alright then, that settles it! Oh and... In case this all fails then, if you guys have any hidden tricks up your sleeves, a secret move or something, that would be a time to use it... "}

The Council girls all go after the iron maiden that Calli threw. They fly above it,  each put their hand next to the others and form a circle with them. The circle starts to glow along with the iron maiden and it disappears. 

The Council girls all return to stand next to the others. The Council all stands next to each other, and Myth does the same. Gura quickly goes to pick up her trident and then returns to stand between Amelia and Ina, while all patiently waiting for an outcome.

Calli looks around and sees the Council.

Calli:" I'm seeing some unfamiliar faces here, but I guess we should leave the introductions for later. It's still too early to celebrate." (Ina looks a bit different too…) 

She carefully looks at Ina, Gura and Amelia, then lets out a sigh of relief.


When The Ancient Ones threw Kiara and she hit that building.

Kiara:(This is my chance! I'll have to make it look like I'm gonna take a lot of damage from this...)

Right before hitting the building, Kiara bit her own tongue and she spits out blood at the same time as she hits it, then she backs away further into it. She walks around and then rips out a metal rod out of a piece of the building, then shoves it through her heart.

Kiara:" Ouch! I don't know if that was necessary but it'll definitely look cool when I get out heh!" then she looks at her badge
"Hey Calli! Can you hear me?" she says quietly.

Calli:" Kiara! What's going on over there!"

Kiara:" It's complicated and I don't have much time right now. I'll just tell you the important parts. Everything happened how Ame said it would, Ina is safe!

Calli:" Oh that's great to hear! I was a bit skeptical, but I knew I shouldn't have doubted Watson!"

Kiara walks around the room excitedly and continues talking. 

Kiara:" And also, Mumei is here! With some of her friends too! One of them is The Warden of Time, Ame's biggest enemy, but it turned out that they're not really enemies and they're friends now!"

Calli:" WHAT?! "

Kiara:" Okay okay, I might be saying too much here! I can't talk to you for much longer! " 

Right after she said that she heard Fauna talking to her and then sees her apple coming towards her, and she runs to grabs.

Kiara: " Calli, I gotta go soon, so listen carefully! When I call you next time, you're going to trap The Ancient Ones with that one attack you used on me that one time! "

Calli:" Uhhh which one?!"

Kiara:" The one with the iron maiden!"

Calli:" Oh! Okay got it!"


While Mumei was attacking The Ancient Ones

Amelia:" Why is she attacking them so much?! Please don't tell me she forgot about the plan... "

Kronii:" … I'll go remind her. "

Kronii disappears, and appears behind The Ancient Ones, and after the two almost hit each other, Kronii starts whispering to Mumei.

Kronii:" Dude, what are you doing, did you forget about the plan?"

Mumei:" What plan?! "

Kronii:" We are supposed to be holding back until we eat Fauna's golden apple! "

Mumei:" I WAS holding back!"

Kronii stares at her blankly for a few seconds before responding.

Kronii:" You call that holding back?! Hold back more!"

Mumei:" Ughh lame! "


During their waiting, the box in Bae's left hand suddenly starts to shake and everyone turns to look at it.

Bae:" Oh no... "

The box explodes and the power which Bae took from The Ancient Ones rushes in the same direction where Calli punched them into. Right away, they can hear an insanely loud ringing, which makes all of them have to cover their ears, with their eyes partially shut. 

Amelia:(Crap, n-not this... Ina mentioned it, but I didn't think they'd actually use it...) 

From the same direction where the energy went, a big purple beam comes straight toward Gura. With them having to cover their ears, none of them are able to react to the beam and it goes straight through the left side of her chest, leaving a huge hole in it. In the same moment, the ringing stops and the girls can see clearly what happened to her. She spits out blood, and as she lets go of her trident, her body starts falling backwards.

Amelia drops Kronii's sword and with a face full of tears, she screams out her beloved friend's name, as she's reaching out to catch her. She grabs her and falls to her knees, with Gura's head on her lap.

Amelia: "No, no, no, please no!"

The Myth girls, including Fauna, try their best to hold in their emotions, but Ina can't. She falls to the ground next to Amelia and Gura and with her mouth shaking, tears fall down her face. Kiara with her mouth shaking, clenches her fists in anger. Calli stares at Gura with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, not being able to understand what had just happened. 

Gura looks up at Amelia and slowly opens her mouth to speak. 

Gura:" A-Ame... I lo... - I'm s-sorry..." she struggles to speak, with her mouth full of blood and face full of tears.
" I-I couldn't keep... M-my promise..."

Amelia cries even more intensely upon hearing her talk. 

Amelia:" NO, NO, DON'T SAY THAT!!" she says and turns to Fauna who was already walking towards them.
" FAUNA! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, HEAL HER! HEAL HER DAMMIT!"

Fauna:" I'm so sorry... It's too late..." 

Amelia's eyes widened upon hearing that. 

Amelia:" WHAT NO, SHE'S STILL-"

She turns to look at Gura and sees her with her eyes closed, not breathing and her heart not beating.

Amelia:" "NO!! JUST A SECOND AGO SHE... She was still... "

Fauna:" Even if I tried to heal her right away, I wouldn't have been able to save her in time... I'm sorry... It's a miracle she was even able to speak after that..."

Amelia:" You're calling this... A miracle?... " she says and slowly turns her head towards Kronii.
" Kronii... Please... Turn back time... Like before... Please... Do it just one more time... I'm begging you... "

Kronii:" I'm sorry, I can't... "

Amelia slowly looks up at Calli and opens her mouth to speak. 

Amelia:"... Calli... Can you do something? You can save her, right? Please... You can take me instead, just bring her back... Please... "

Calli stares at them blankly, still in complete utter confusion. 

Calli:" I-I can't... " (I don't understand... What just happened? How could she have...)

The first time it happened, Amelia must've known. In the back of her mind, she knew there was something she could do. But now... No one is answering her pleas. No one can save her precious friend.

Amelia:(Why? Why is this happening? No, this... This isn't happening. There's no way... It can't be... )


After finishing revising the plan with everyone multiple times, Amelia lets out a sigh and looks up at the rest of the girls.

{Amelia:" Okay so, before Kronii resumes time, anyone got any last questions?"

Kiara:" Uhhh yeah, you're gonna hate me for this, but what if... One of us, someone that isn't from the Council or me and Calli... Were to uhhh... Die? "

Gura flinches when she hears that.

Amelia:"... Did you have to ask that? I... I don't know, let's just hope it doesn't come to that. But if it does, just... Try not to lose your minds... "

Mumei:" Wait, am I also immortal? I can't remember... Oh well, let's hope I won't find out the hard way hehe!" 

Amelia:" ... Alright well, any less depressing questions?"

After a few moments of silence, Gura swallows nervously and finally decides to speak up. 

Gura:" Ame wait! I need to tell you something! "

She grabs her by her hand and drags her away from everyone. They go between two buildings, where no one can see or hear them.

Amelia:" What's up? Why'd you drag me over here?"

Gura:" Uhhh it's just... There's something I've wanted to tell you for a while now and I might never have a chance to say it, so I'm doing it now! Ame I-"

Amelia:" Wait, what do you mean by that? Never have a chance to say it? You... Don't think we're gonna lose, do you? "

Gura:" I-I don't know... " she says with her head down.

Amelia puts her hands on Gura's shoulders and she looks up at her. 

Amelia:" Hey! We have The Council with us now! There's no way we'll lose! "

Gura:" I know! But, I'm not like The Council... I'm pretty sure those girls can't die and I... Well, I've already died once..."

Amelia:" But, you promised..."

Gura:" Ame... We both know that's not something I can just promise... "

She looks down at the ground while clenching her fists, and Amelia swallows nervously before responding.

Amelia:" Gura... What's with you? Where's all this coming from? "

Gura:" I guess what Kiara said made me think... She probably didn't realize it, but you, Ina and I are the only ones who can die here so, what she really meant is, what if one of us dies... And in case something happens, I need to tell you this!" she says and quickly looks up at her.
" Ame, I lo-"

Amelia puts her hands on her ears and starts walking away as soon as she hears that.

Amelia:" AAAAAAHHH I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I CAN'T HEAR YOU! "

Gura:" Grrr Ameee! "

She goes after her, grabs her hand and she turns around. 

Amelia:" Don't say anything! If you have something important to say, you can say it after this is all over. Because we're gonna make it. Both of us! No, all of us!"

Gura:" Ame..."

Amelia:" Besides, I have something really important to tell you too! And believe me, you'll want to hear it! "

Amelia gets a smug look on her face, with a slight blush covering it, and Gura lets out a gasp.

Gura:" What, really?! Then tell me! "

Amelia:" Nope! We'll both say our important thing after this is over. Okay?"

Gura:" Ugh okay... "

Amelia immediately hugs her, then slowly brushes her hair. 

Amelia:" And don't ever think like this again... "

Gura:" S-sorry... "

Gura returns the hug and after a few minutes, they stop hugging and go back to the rest of the girls.


During Gura's last moments both of them were thinking of the same thing.

Gura & Amelia:(I never got to tell her how I feel...)



To be continued...


Hello, this is Vitou from the future. The first 4 chapters you just read are the rewritten/updated versions of the originals. Originally, they looked very bad, so I went back and made them look better. I'm currently focusing on writing new chapters, so I can't fix more old ones. The next couple chapters will be a bit lower quality, so sorry about that, but I hope you'll continue to read it! 

13