Chapter 6, Part Two: Back to Harsh Reality
189 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After another sequence of memories, Bae finds herself at a beach during nighttime. She sees Gura and Amelia sitting next to each other while looking at the ocean. Gura is wearing the usual hoodie, while Amelia was wearing a shirt, similar to her usual one, except it looked light blue.

Gura:" Come on, you HAVE to know how to sing some songs! Anything! "

Amelia:" Well, I guess there are a couple I know... "

Gura:" What are you waiting for then, sing for me!" 

Bae:(Gura asking Amelia to sing... Was this when they decided to join Hololive?...)

Amelia:" Okay, I'll sing The Moon Song first..." 

Gura:" Oh, that's from that movie we watched!... By the way, if I start crying during your singing, just don't pay attention to me and keep going! It's just one of those songs, you know..." 

Amelia:" Okay, I'll try..."

Amelia starts singing The Moon Song and it doesn't take long for her singing to bring Gura to tears. Amelia keeps going, trying her best to ignore her, just as she said, until the end of the song.

Amelia:"...So, what did you think?"

Gura:" Ame... I don't even know what to say, that was beautiful... You have the voice of an Angel..." she says while wiping her tears with her sleeve.

Amelia gets a huge smile on her face when she hears Gura talk.

Amelia:" Really?! Was it that good?"

Gura:" Yeah, it was amazing!! Can you sing something else for me? I wanna hear more..." 

Amelia:" Okay, I'll sing one more."

Gura:" Awww, only one? What is it?"

Amelia:" Kiss Me!" 

Gura suddenly blushes like crazy and her tail goes left and right incredibly fast.

Gura:" Ki-ki-kiss you?!?!? I-I thought you were gonna sing me a song! I mean, it's not that I don't want to, i-it's just so sudden!"

Amelia:" Gura! That's the name of the song! Kiss Me is the name of the song..." she said with a huge blush on her face. 

Gura's tail slowly calmed down but her blush remained on her face.

Gura:" Oh uhhh, I knew that of course! I was just testing you! G-go on, start singing..." 

Amelia begins to sing, and tears start forming in Gura's eyes once again. While listening to her sing, she kept staring at her lips. Eventually, Gura lightly put her head on Amelia's lap.

Gura:" Just keep singing... It sounds amazing..." 

Amelia continues singing without replying and by the time she finished, it seems Gura had fallen asleep. Amelia lightly brushed her hair and then lied down on the ground.

Then the memory switches but Bae is still at the same place and it's still nighttime. She sees Gura now awake on top of the sleeping Amelia, with her hands next to her head.

Gura:" Ame... I love you... Ahh, I said it... I finally said it... But you can't hear me right now... One day, I'll say it to you when you can hear me... I promise..." she quietly says and puts her head against Amelia's chest, her hands around her neck and falls asleep again.

Bae:"... Gura... Why did you have to say all that out loud..." 

Bae clenches her fist in her powerlessness, with tears forming in her eyes.

Bae:" I came here to save you, but all I did was watch and see how much she meant to you... How much you both meant to each other... I can't do anything... I don't even know if I can leave but how could I? I promised to get you back... I'm sorry... I'm useless... Dammit..." 

Bae breaks into tears when she realizes there's nothing she can do. When suddenly, in the sky above the ocean water, a white portal in the shape of an upside-down triangle appears. Bae looks up at it in shock but at the same time, she gets filled with happiness.

Bae:(This... This looks like one of Her Majesty's portals!! You are watching... Of course you are... But, what am I supposed to do? Even if there's an exit now, I still can't touch her, right?) 

Bae thought to herself while looking at the portal, when she hears the voice of the person she came to save.

Amelia:" B-Bae?! Wh-what did you do?!?!" she asked in a saddened, yet terrified voice. 

Bae, while happy to hear Amelia talk to her, was confused by what she said, as she looked back at her and saw horror. Amelia was sitting straight up with tears streaming down her face, holding Gura in her hands, which now has a hole in her chest, in the same place where The Ancient Ones shot her. Amelia was looking at Bae's right hand, which was clenched into a fist and was filled with blood. 

Bae:(What just happened!? When did she become like that!? And why... Why is my fist clenched? Why can't I unclench it?) "Ame no! I had nothing to do with this! I swear! I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to, my hand just phased through you whenever I tried to touch you!" 

Amelia:" Then why does your hand look like that?!" 

Bae:(Is this all because I punched her back then?) " I don't know! You have to believe me! This has to be some kind of an illusion from The Ancient Ones!"

Amelia:" Bae... You... YOU RUINED EVERYTHING! It's your fault she died! And now you come here and do this!..." 

Bae:" You mean, you were conscious during all this? During the memory loop?" 

Amelia:" I was... And I was happy... Until you came along..." she said, while holding Gura's body tighter.

Bae:" I'm sorry Amelia... I didn't know this was going to happen... But please, come with me, there's an exit over  there..." she said and pointed towards the portal in the sky.

Amelia:" NO! Why? Why would I want to go back there?! Back where she's gone..."

Bae:" Why would you want to stay here?... She's gone here too..."

Amelia:" That's all because you came here! If it weren't for you, this wouldn't have happened!" 

Bae:" Amelia... Do you trust The Ancient Ones THAT much? They could've done this at any point..."

Amelia:" I-I don't care anymore... Put me back in... PUT ME BACK IN!!" 

Bae:(It's just like they said... Of course she wouldn't want to be saved...) "You know I can't do that!... I'm sorry, but I promised everyone I'll save you so I'm taking you with me!" 

Bae grabs Amelia by her arm and puts her over her shoulder. 

Amelia:" NO! LET ME GO!" 

Bae:" I'm sorry..." she says and flies away towards the portal, above the ocean, which now seems to be filled with blood, rather than water.

Amelia:" NOOOOOO!!" she screamed out, with her hand out towards Gura that was laying on the ground. 

They go through the portal and the only thing they can see is pure whiteness. Bae flies out through Amelia's stomach on the surface, and spits her key out, then Amelia slowly opens her eyes. All the girls, except for Mumei and Calli, turn to Amelia with happiness on their faces. 

Kronii:" Watson!"

Ina:" You're back!..." 

Fauna:" Bae, you did it!" 

Amelia's face remains emotionless, while Kronii, Fauna and Ina hug her. Amelia touches her cheeks beneath her eyes, when she notices that her tears have melted.

Bae:" Yeah..." 

Mumei:" Looks like Bae did it." she said quietly, while still focused on Kiara's fight.

Calli:" Yeah, looks like it...(But I can already tell... Watson isn't going to be happy to be back here...)

Sana:" Bae... What happened to her? What did you see?" 

Bae:" The Ancient Ones... They trapped Amelia in her own memories... Specifically, in her memories of her time spent with Gura..."

Everyone seems shocked and confused at what they just heard.

Ina:" Were they... Good memories?"

Bae:" Yeah... They were all good, up until the last one..." 

Kronii:" It was a form of torture..."

Bae:" The Ancient Ones left some kind of messages in her mind, they said that even after there's no more memories with the two of them together, the memories would start over from the beginning..."

Fauna:" That's so cruel..." 

Ina:" I don't understand... Why do The Ancient Ones hate Amelia so much?..." 

Sana:" I get it... It's because she's a human... A human that figured them out... The Ancient Ones view themselves above anyone else and Amelia, she knew that they were going to attack today, has prepared for it and managed to trick them. Her plan didn't work in the end but still, the fact that a human was able to trick them... That's unacceptable for them...So, that must’ve been their way of punishing her…"

They all looked at Amelia while Sana was talking.

Kronii:" Watson... Are you okay? You haven't said anything..." 

Amelia:"... How could I be okay?... I was okay... But then I came back here..."

Ina:" You mean, you knew you were in a memory loop?"

Amelia:" I knew... I was conscious the whole time... It looked like I was watching a movie of my own memories. I couldn't do anything, only watch... But I was happy... Until Bae came..."  

Fauna:" Ame... Would you really rather be in a loop of memories, than in reality?"

Amelia:" Why would I want to be here? Here, where she's gone..." 

Amelia looks up at the sky, to see Kiara fighting The Ancient Ones. She can see their blades, clashing over and over again. She then sees The Ancient Ones disappearing and reappearing all around Kiara, then her countering their attack seemingly effortlessly.

Amelia:" Kiara is fighting them... She looks strong... But, even if she wins, what's the point?... Gura will still be dead..." she then notices Mumei standing in front of them, next to Calli. " Mumei... Why are you standing in front of us like that?... Are you supposed to be protecting us?... Before you weren't here but now you were... And you still couldn't protect her..."

Mumei:" I-" 

Mumei is at a loss for words. She doesn't know what to say to Amelia, she simply clenches her fists in sadness.

Amelia:" Guardian of Civilization... Fauna told me what you did... Did you ever even protect anyone? Or do you only know how to destroy?... You saved me once, but you wouldn't have even done that if it weren't for Fauna..." 

Mumei:" … I'm sorry..." 

Due to Kiara currently being in the black sphere The Ancient Ones have created, her flames no longer affected everyone. Mumei started crying. Amelia's words hurt her more than she realized.

Fauna:(Mumei is crying... I don't think I've ever seen her cry before...)

Kronii:" Watson, that's enough! It's not her fault... It's not anyone's fault..." 

 Amelia:" You're right... It's not her fault, it's my fault..." 

Kronii:" Watson no..."

Amelia:" You already told me before... They only killed her to torture me... And you're right... She wasn't a threat to them, they killed her for the same reason this time too... But, that just means it's my fault... They only killed her to get back at me... The person I care about the most is gone, and it's all my fault... I killed her..." 

Amelia grabs the gun out of her coat pocket, points it towards her head and puts her finger on the trigger.

Kronii:" NO!" 

Kronii quickly grabs the gun and crushes it in her hand.

Kronii:" What do you think you're doing?!" 

Ina:" Ame...

Fauna:" Amelia, please stop..." 

Amelia:" Shut up... All of you..." 

Amelia remembers about Kronii's small sword, which she had dropped on the ground. She grabs it and quickly brings it towards her neck but it gets shot out of her hand by a fast gale of wind. Mumei, without turning around, did it with her index finger. 

Kronii:" Watson, I gave you that to protect yourself, not to do this... Just stop already... " she says as she puts her hands around her and hugs her tightly.

Amelia:" Stop... Get off me..." 

Kronii:" No way, not after what you just tried to do... Watson, please just calm down... We'll bring Gura back, somehow… I said I can only turn back time once per day... I'll turn back time tomorrow, and we'll fight The Ancient Ones all over again if we have to..." 

Amelia:" Shut up... You're lying... I know... You wouldn't do that..."

Kronii:" I swear I will. If there's no other way, I'll do it. So just please, calm down and don't do anything stupid..." 

Amelia sees Kiara destroy the top half of The Ancient Ones' body but she doesn't care at all. Nothing mattered anymore. After everything, Calli decides to say something to her friend.

Calli:" Watson... Don't lose hope just yet.

She said that right before The Ancient Ones came back and attacked Kiara. Those were her last words, before going off to help her.

Amelia:"... What's that supposed to mean?... " (Calli is Death... Does she know something we don't?... Is that why she told me that?...) "Fauna... Can you heal her?..." 

Fauna:" Ame, I-"

Amelia:" I know what you said but please... Just heal her... Even if you can't bring her back... I don't want to keep looking at that hole in her chest..." 

Fauna, without saying anything, puts her hands on Gura and her body gets enveloped in green energy. When suddenly, her energy, along with her hands, get pushed away by a flaming red energy. Everyone looks shocked upon what just happened. Everyone except Bae.

Fauna:" What just happened?!?! My healing... It's as if it got rejected by something..." 

Ina:" Is it because The Ancient Ones are the ones who did this?" 

Fauna:" N-no, it was different... If it was that, shouldn't the energy have looked black or purple? My healing was rejected by some kind of red energy... I'm sorry Amelia... I don't think I can heal her..."

Bae:(That red energy... That was her... No doubt about it... Even in your weakened state, to be able to reject Fauna's healing... You're really something else... Gawr. )

???:" Sorry Nature woman, but you ain't healing anyone just yet."

To Be Continued...


Merry Late Christmas!! I hope you enjoyed this (kinda) wholesome chapter! I honestly didn't think it was gonna be so long. I actually planned on putting at least 4 more memories in but then saw the word count and had to cut it down. But don't worry, you'll see everything eventually! Btw, you not being able to hear their thoughts in the memories was intentional, since this if from Bae's POV. And their thoughts would also spoil some things about the story. 
Oh and, as you may have noticed, I'm disregarding Gura's lore animation video for my story. I had already been thinking about my story and came up with a bunch of lore MONTHS before it came out. Not only would it just be impossible to change it, I just didn't want to. At this point, I've grown so attached to the lore of them I've created, that whenever I see something which doesn't line up, I'm like "Nah, that makes no sense" lol. I didn't even watch the animation cause I could tell I wasn't gonna like it, judging by the screenshots of it I saw on twitter, or rather, the screenshots I didn't see (no screenshots with Amelia).
Anyways! Thanks for reading!  I would love to hear your thoughts on my story, I don't get many comments from some reason... And if you really liked it, I'd appreciate it if you could share my story with your friends! That's all, I'll keep working hard and try to get the next chapter out as fast as possible! 

PS follow on twitter  https://twitter.com/Vitou777

12