Chapter 8: Fighting One’s Self
180 15 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Gura died, she found herself in an empty black void, slowly sinking deeper and deeper. While endlessly falling, she began to think.

Gura:"... Weak... So weak... Why? Why was I so weak?... I couldn't do anything... I was useless... So useless... I'm so sorry, everyone... Dammit! I can't believe I died, without ever getting to tell her... How much I love her... "

...

These words repeated in her head over and over again, it was all she could think about. Until suddenly, she wakes up, panting and breathing heavily, as if she had just woken up from a nightmare. She finds herself in some sort of a circular arena. The arena itself was huge, but it also had a grandstand with tens of thousands of seats all around it, with multiple rows going high into the sky.

But, the thing that caught her eye was right in front of her.

???:" Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to wake up!"

Gura can't believe who she's seeing right in front of her. A person that looks almost exactly like her. The only difference was, instead of blue, she was red. Her hair, eyes, tail, nails, everything. She was even wearing a red version of Gura's hoodie.

Gura:" Gawr! "

The figure she called Gawr, was squatting in front of her with one of her hands on her cheek and a huge smile on her face.

Gawr:" Yo! Long time no see, other half!"

Gura:" Gawr, what are you doing he-" she stops talking, as she's looking at her surroundings. "Wait, where are we? I could've sworn I was-"

Gawr:" Dead? Still are. This is just your purgatory or some shit. Oh and come on now!" she stands up straight and continues to talk while walking around the arena "Don't act like you don't recognize this place! Did you forget... How many Atlantians we killed, in this very arena?" 

Gura seems unbothered by her words and stands straight up.

Gura:" I remember. You don't need to remind me." 

Gawr:" And now look at you! Dead. By a fucking laser beam of all things! We have the blood of Poseidon flowing through our veins, and you just go ahead and die like that!"

Gura:" Why are you saying that as if I died on purpose?!"

Gawr:" Well, it sure as hell looked like it! What if some of our people were watching you? Or even worse, what if our parents saw you like that? We were the strongest in all of Atlantis, there was absolutely no one who could stand up to us! I don't doubt some of them were watching you."

Gura:" ALRIGHT I GET IT! What are you even trying to say? Don't you think if I got killed by that thing, that none of the other Atlantians would've done any better?" 

Gawr:" HAH! Maybe they would've died too, but at least they wouldn't have died such a pathetic fucking death like you! Everyone we fought and killed went down fighting, even when they knew they stood no chance, they kept going! You barely did anything there. You were useless. Just admit it. You were scared, weren't you?! Terrified. And that's why you couldn't do shit! " 

Gura puts her head down in shame, as she hears her other half talk. 

Gura:" I-"

Gawr:" There's nothing wrong with being scared, Gura. The bad thing is, letting that fear take control over you. Everyone feels fear, but you overcome it and keep going! You changed, Gura. The old you wouldn't have acted like this. Living with humans has made you weak, and you know it!" 

Gura raises her head, with an angry expression on her face and clenches her fists before yelling out at her other half.

Gura:" Living with humans? You already know I stopped being a fighter even before I started living on the surface! AND THAT WAS YOUR IDEA!"

Gawr:" That doesn't matter. If you just kept living among other Atlantians, you wouldn't have become like this. Weakness breeds weakness. And you, hanging out with those humans, trying to act like them, it made you into a weakling! You're nothing compared to what you were before! " she says while slowly walking towards her.

Gura:" ALRIGHT, I GET IT ALREADY! Hold on a second! If you were here the whole time, watching all this, then why didn't you do anything? You could've changed this! Where even were you all this time?!" 

Gawr:" Oh what's wrong, did you miss me?" she stands right in front of her and crosses her arms . "But, to answer your question, I was kinda asleep this whole time and I don't know why exactly but, I suddenly just woke up earlier today. I still couldn't see everything clearly, except your death of course. "

Gura:" Ugh, I wish you'd stop mentioning it already..."

Suddenly, while Gura looking down with her fists clenched, green energy starts falling towards her and both her and Gawr look up at it.

Gawr:" Looks like your friends are trying to heal you, as if I'd let that happen!" she clenches her fists, and her red energy juts out of her and pushes the green energy away. "Sorry Nature woman, but you ain't healing anyone just yet." 

Gura:" Hey! What was that for?!"

Gawr:" Do you even need to ask? You don't deserve to get healed, after your pitiful performance today! You're a fucking disappointment! "

Gura:" UGH WHATEVER! Not like I care what you think..."

Gawr:" Well, you should care. Because I can bring you back to life."

Gawr gets a smug look on her face after saying that and Gura's eyes widen in shock upon hearing that.

Gura:" What?! If that's true, then why are we wasting our time talking here? Just-"

Gawr:" Not so fast." she says as she waves her index finger left and right in front of Gura's face "Why do you think we're in this arena right now? That's right, if you want me to bring you back to life, you're gonna have to beat me in a fight!!" 

Gura:" Gawr, come on! We don't have time for this! The Ancient Ones are probably still out there, I have to get back to my friends so I can-"

Gawr:" So you can what, exactly? Die again? If you can't even beat me, then what hope do you have against the thing that already killed you once before?!"

Gura:" Uhhh actually, they kinda killed me twice..."

Gawr:" They WHAT?!?! How is that even possible?! Do you suck THAT bad??" 

Gura:" Okay, it's hard to explain but basically, they killed me and then Amelia used her watch to time travel and ask her biggest enemy for help, Kronii. She rewound time until before they killed me so, I technically didn't even die. " 

Gawr:"... And then you just died again... What a joke you are." 

Gura:" I-I was caught off guard! I didn't even get to use any of my cool moves on them..." 

Gawr:" Yeah right! That's just an excuse! If you really wanted to use those moves, you would have done it! Just admit it already, you became too weak and scared to do anything!"

Gura:" ALRIGHT FINE, I ADMIT IT! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!?"

Gawr:" Well? Are you going to do something about your weakness, or are you just going to sit there and cry about it?!"

Gura:" What am I supposed to do? You know I'm weaker than before, and you still want us to fight? You already beat me last time, what's the point?... Is this a joke or something? There's just no way I could win, it's impossible!" 

Gawr:" Oh? So, just because it's impossible, you give up without even trying? That's quite unlike you. But alright, I'll tell you something, if it wasn't obvious enough... I am also weaker than before. That fucking rat... When she beat me, she drained me of most of my powers somehow... I swear, if I ever see that bitch again, I'll rip her eyes out!" she says while clenching her teeth and fists.

Gura:" Oh uhhh a rat? "

Gawr:" I fought her back on the surface. Don't know her name, just what she looked like. Say, you wouldn't happen to have seen her, have you? It almost feels like her energy is lingering around you... Were you hanging out together or some shit?!"

Gura:" Whaaa- No!" she says, while wildly shaking her hands in front of her face in denial "I've never seen a rat before in my life! Only on the TV and stuff..."

Gawr keeps leaning in closer and closer with her hands on her hips, while staring into Gura's eyes, as Gura was backing away, ever so slightly.

Gawr:" Alright then, if you say so." she says and backs away. "So? What's it gonna be? Now that you know I'm weaker than before, are you gonna quit being a pussy and fight me?? You ain't getting back to life with some kind of a miracle, this is the only way, fighting for it!"

Gura:"...ALRIGHT, BRING IT!!"

Gawr gets a smile on her face upon hearing that. Both of them quickly take off their shoes and socks, then go to the opposite end of the arena, with Gura on the left and Gawr on the right.

Gawr:" Here's how this will go. If you win..." she points her index finger towards her "I'll bring you back to life and I will give you my powers. But, if I win..." then puts her thumb against her own chest. "I get full control over the body, and I can do whatever the fuck I want with it afterwards!"

Gura:" Yeah whatever, let's just get this over with already! " 

Gawr:" You sound pretty confident for someone who was shitting her pants at the thought of fighting me earlier. I did say I got weaker, but make no mistake, I have no intention of going easy on you!" 

Gawr's fists get covered with red energy and lunges at Gura incredibly fast. Her eyes widen upon seeing how fast she's going and she instantly puts her hands in front of her to protect herself, and Gawr unleashes a powerful barrage of punches on her. 

Gura:(This is... Fist of The Apex Predator, Splitting Ocean!) "Tch... Using this... Right of the bat!..."

Gawr:" I CAN USE WHATEVER I WANT! NOW STOP JUST BLOCKING AND FIGHT ME!!"

Gawr grabs Gura's arms and kicks her with her knee in her chin, which lifts her in the air, then she spins and does a sideways kick to Gura's face and sends her flying into a wall, making a small cloud of smoke.

Gura:(Dammit! She's definitely weaker than before, but she's still so strong! But no, that doesn't matter, I have to win! Besides, I think her hits just gave me a boost!)

Gawr suddenly sees a tooth being shot at her face, as if it were a bullet, she moves her head and it barely misses her.

Gawr:(Did she just spit out her tooth at me?!) " Grrr you-"

She stops in confusion when she sees that Gura is no longer there. Then Gura appears from behind her, grabs her by her tail, swings her into the ground and then throws her into a wall.

Gawr:(When did she get behind me?!):" Oi! The tail is off limits!" 

Gura:" SHUT UP! NOTHING IS OFF LIMITS IN A FIGHT!" she yells out and then gets a confused look on her face, shocked by her own words.

Gawr:" Woah, that sounds like something I would say! Good, looks like I beat some sense into you!" 

Gura:" I'M NOTHING LIKE YOU!!" 

The two lunge at each other and grab each other's hands, with their fingers intertwined. Gura was covered with blue energy, while Gawr was covered in red, each trying to overpower the other.


While the two halves were fighting, something odd was happening on the surface. Most were watching Calli and Kiara fight, Kronii was watching while holding Amelia tightly, making sure she doesn't try to hurt herself again.

But, Bae and Amelia were watching Gura, both for different reasons. Amelia was hopelessly looking at her face, with emotionless eyes, thinking that she might disappear, if she ever stops looking at her. But Bae... She was watching her with a tensed expression, as if she was waiting for something to happen.

All of a sudden, Gura spits out a tooth from her mouth, along with some blood. Everyone instantly turned their sight to her, even Mumei turned around to see what happened. None of them can believe what they just saw, everyone was beyond confused, everyone except Bae. Amelia lightly pushed Kronii away from her, to look at Gura closely.

Amelia:" Gura!? Sh-she spit out a tooth!? She's still not breathing, and her heart isn't beating... What's going on here?!"

Bae:" Looks like it started..."

Everyone turned their heads to Bae in confusion.

Fauna:" Bae? You know what's going on??"

Bae:" Ame, Fauna... You two should know what's going on here. Think back to what Gura told us when she woke up. Amelia, you must've seen this in one of your memories too."

Both get a shocked expression on their face, as they realize what Bae is talking about.


Inside Fauna's house, one year before Myth's debut

Amelia, Fauna and Bae were sitting next to a bed, in which Gura was in. She was sitting straight up, while holding a blanket with her hand, covering her naked body.

Amelia:" So uhhh Gura, how did you end up on that beach? Do you remember?"

Gura:" I... I don't know... I don't remember how I ended up there..."

Amelia:" Well then, what's the last thing you remember?"

Gura:" I remember getting into a fight with Gawr... And I lost, it only took her one punch... "

Fauna:" Gawr?"

Amelia:" Wait, what? I thought you said your name was Gawr Gura? Who's Gawr?"

Gura:" She's my other half, I guess... She looks exactly like me, except she's red instead of blue... She wanted us to stay in Atlantis, but I wanted to leave to the surface..."

Amelia:" Woah, Atlantis? Is that where your from?!"

Gura:" Yeah, that's where I lived all my life. "

Amelia:" I heard about that place, wasn't sure if it was real or just a myth... Oh sorry, you were talking about you and Gawr, keep going! "

Gura:" It's fine. Gawr, she got mad and punched me in the face. I passed out instantly, I never even stood a chance... I don't know what happened afterwards, I just woke up on that beach, with uhhhh... You on t-top of me... " she says while stuttering and looking at Amelia, then both of them start blushing.

Amelia:" I-I JUST TRIPPED AND FELL OKAY!"

Bae:" Wait so, that means Gawr is the one that attacked me... "

Gura:" Gawr attacked you?... "

Bae:" Uhh yeah. I was just looking at her and she jumped on me and started talking crap! I had to beat her up to stop her, then she or uhh, I guess you, turned blue. "

Gura:" You beat Gawr? She's crazy strong, I didn't think anyone could do that..."


Fauna:" You think she's... "

Amelia:" Fighting Gawr?! "

Bae:" I know she is, I can feel it. Gawr is also the one who rejected Fauna's healing earlier. "

Fauna:" So, that's why the energy was red! "

Ina:" Gawr... I remember Gura mentioning her, but I don't get it, didn't she say she couldn't hear her in her head anymore? "

Bae:" She was telling the truth. Gawr is just back, somehow... "

Right after she said that, Gura's looks as if she had been punched in the stomach, and then her face, causing her to spit out more blood.

Amelia:" Gura!! " she leans in closer again and looks at her face " I don't understand! Why are they- No, how are they fighting?! Isn't Gura already-" her face lights up when she remembers Calli's words.

"Don't lose hope just yet, Watson."

Amelia:" Calli! Is that what she meant when she said that?! Can Gura... Come back to life if she wins?!!"

Bae:" I doubt Calli knew that much, but I'm certain that's what's going on here. Calli probably knew for some other reason, since she's Death."

Mumei moves in closer to them when she hears them mention Calli.

Mumei:" Calli... She told me that she couldn't foresee Gura's death and that her soul was still inside her body. That's what made her think that Gura wasn't fully dead yet. "

Kronii:" So, Gura is fighting for her life right now, while you tried to end yours not too long ago, Watson... "

Amelia:" I-I'm so sorry... I don't know what else to say, please just... When she comes back, no one tell her I did that... "

Her mouth is shaking, she looks as if she's about to cry while saying that, but the heat is preventing her from doing so.

Bae:" I don't mean to ruin the mood, but we still don't know if Gura will win... Gawr is stronger than her after all... And if I remember correctly from when I fought her, every time she hit me, her attack was stronger than the previous one. She has some kind of an ability to get stronger every time she hits someone. I don't know what kind of powers Gura has, but they have to be strong enough to counter Gawr's ability. "

Amelia:" No... There's no way Gura will lose! She'll win, she has to! "

Bae:" She said that she stood no chance last time, but Gawr is weaker than before. So, Gura actually has a chance this time..."


The two sharks continue to attempt to overwhelm the other, Gawr gets a smile on her face as she notices the blue energy around Gura.

Gawr:(That blue energy! Looks like she's using her martial arts technique! Fist of The Apex Predator, Splitting Sea!) " Hah, nothing like me? Don't make me laugh! Are you forgetting you're the reason I exist in the first place?" 

Gura:" Shut up!"

Gawr then kicks her in the stomach and punches her in the face, knocking her to the ground while spitting out blood.

Gawr:" I'm the manifestation of your bloodlust. You loved fighting, but more than anything, you loved taking the lives of anyone who stood in your way! Ripping their hearts out, cutting their heads off, you loved it all! We are one and the same, just accept it! If you accept me as a part of you, we'll both get so much stronger!"

Gura wipes the blood off her mouth with her hand before getting up and shouting.

Gura:" Never! I'LL NEVER ACCEPT YOU!!" 

Gura goes in to punch her, but Gawr easily dodges by moving to her side, she then trips her and as she's falling, she hits her in her back with her elbow and sends her to the ground, making a small crater upon impact.

Gawr:" Oh, what's wrong? Are you trying to say you're different now? You changed? WELL YOU'RE RIGHT! AND LOOK WHERE THAT GOT YOU! You fucking died, and now, you can't even protect that girl you like so much. What if she's already dead?"

Gura:" A-Amelia?! No, no way!" she says as she's trying to get back up.

Gawr:" Well, if she's not dead, I'LL JUST KILL HER MYSELF THEN!"

Gawr yells out and kicks Gura in her stomach, she spits out blood and the kick sends her flying into a wall.

Gawr:" After I win and take your body of course. Cause you sure as Hell ain't gonna win, if you keep this shit up. "

Gura:" N-no! Why?! Why would you do that?!" 

Gawr:" Hah! Is it me, or have you already accepted that I'm gonna win? Why would I do that? Cause I can do whatever the fuck I want! And you know... I haven't killed someone in a really long time, I might just kill the first thing I see! "

Her fingers twitch as she says that, while Gura clenches her fists and teeth in anger.

She gets out from the rubbles and rushes at Gawr, now faster than before. With her fists covered with blue energy, she goes to punch her, and Gawr catches it, then she uses her other fist, but Gawr catches it with her other hand.

Gawr:" Alright, fine! I'll give you the honor of choosing how I'll kill her! Hmmm, what should I do?..." she asks while the smile on her face keeps getting bigger.

Gura:" S-SHUT UP!" her voice was shaking, as she was trying her best to overpower Gawr.

Gawr:" Oh, I know! How about your favorite, I'LL RIP HER HEART OUT AND STOMP ON HER SKULL!!"

Gura:(Dammit! She just says whatever she wants and I can't do anything! At this rate, I- Wait a second... We're one and the same, which means my weak spots... Are also her weak spots!) " JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!" 

Gura swings her tail and hits Gawr in the side of her stomach which makes her release her fists and back up slightly, while she's struggling to breathe.

Gawr:(FUCK! Right in the gills!) 

Gura quickly moves forward, launches Gawr in the air with an uppercut and does a jumping spinning side kick and sends her crashing into a wall, while spitting out blood.

Gura:" I won't let you say things like that about Amelia!"

Gawr:" Haha what's wrong, did I hit a nerve!?" she asks while wiping the blood off her mouth.


Everyone was tensed up while looking down at Gura, carefully watching to see if anything on her changes.

Mumei:" Alright, I'd love to stay and watch, but I feel like I have to watch over those two idiots so, I'll go back to doing that. I'll be cheering her on from over there." she says then goes back to watching Calli and Kiara fight The Ancient Ones.

Fauna:" It's okay Mumei, don't worry about it! "

Everyone except Mumei was just staring at Gura, waiting for something to happen. Then Gura coughs up some blood.

Amelia:'' Gura... Dammit! I hate seeing her like this..." she says while grabbing Gura's hands.

Bae:" I know this must be hard for you to watch, but getting hurt is inevitable in a battle. Especially since Gawr is stronger than her. "

Sana:" Hey, I know this might sound weird but, isn't the fact that she's taking damage a good thing? That means they're still fighting and she hasn't lost yet! "

Amelia:" That's true... Actually, whenever we see her stop taking damage, that's when we should be getting worried... "

Gura spits out loads of blood, as it looks like she has taken a powerful kick to her stomach.

Amelia:" Come on, Gura! " she slowly picks her up and hugs her tightly from behind. "I believe in you!"


Gawr gets out from the wall and quickly runs towards her and goes to punch her in the face. Gura moves her head slightly to her side and dodges her attack, then aims a knife-hand to Gawr's gills, but Gawr grabs her hand and headbutts her, which sends her rolling across the ground.

Gawr:" Did you really think I'd let you hit me in our weak spot twice in a row?" 

While Gura was still on the ground, she sees Gawr falling from the sky at her. Her feet were covered in red energy, as she was attempting to stomp on Gura's head with a dropkick. Gura quickly rolls sideways and she barely misses her, while making a huge hole in the ground. Gawr goes to punch Gura while she’s still down, but Gura kicks with both of her feet, Gawr blocks it with her arms, but still gets pushed away from the kick. Gura quickly gets up and they both run at each other and punch at the same time and their fists connect, their blue and red energy colliding with each other. They then punch with their other fist and they connect once again, with both of their fists colliding, they create a small explosion of energy between them, and they get sent flying each to the opposite side of the arena. 

Gawr:(You're getting stronger and faster the more I hit you, just as I thought. You got weaker, but it looks like your power is still there. Your power to get stronger and faster upon taking damage... You are the only one who can keep up with my power.)

Gura:(I can tell I've gotten stronger from her hits, but so did she! It looks like she's always slightly above me, no matter how much stronger I get...) 

The two sharks bolt at each other, both jump and kick towards each other's stomach at the same time and their knees collide with one another. Their kick was so strong that electricity was forming between them. While in air with their knees still connected, they punch and their fists connect once again, and the impact from their punch pushes them away from each other, with their feet dragging across the ground.

They lunge at each other, both punch and kick over and over again, every attack colliding with the other, all while moving across the arena with lightning-like speed.

After a series of punches and kicks, which kept colliding with one another, they backed away. They both jump high in the air towards one another and punch, this time, their fists miss each other and they both hit each other in the face, break their noses and fall to the ground.

Gawr:(Looks like we're even now...)

Gura:(I finally caught up to her...) 

The two halves thought to themselves, while panting in exhaustion. While they were still on the ground, Gawr began to charge water in the palm of her right hand. As soon as the two get up, Gawr shoots a cylindrical stream of water and hits Gura straight into her gills. She spits out blood and while she's struggling to breathe, Gawr charges towards her. She hits Gura with her knee in her stomach and launches her high into the air. She jumps after her, with a trail of red energy following her, she quickly gets above her. Gawr interlocks her hands together and with them, she lands a powerful blow to Gura's back, shooting her back down. Gura manages to regain her breath and balance as she's falling down, and lands on her feet. Gawr quickly goes after her, she falls behind Gura and stomps on her tail, then unleashes a powerful barrage of punches covered in red energy to her back, releasing hundreds of hits per second. Gura is unable to escape her attack, and clenches her teeth in pain.

Gura:(Dammit! She's standing on my tail and hitting me from behind, I can't reach her!.... Wait, that's it!) 

Gura materializes her trident in her right hand and swings it back towards Gawr. She gets surprised by it, stops hitting her and blocks her trident by putting her arms in front of her face, and the attack sends her flying into a wall. Gawr comes out with cuts and bruises on her arms, while looking excited.

Gawr:" So, finally using the trident now, are you? Don't worry..." she put her right hand out, and materialized a trident, which looked exactly the same as Gura's except it was red, and grabbed it "I got one too!" 

She left Gura with a shocked expression on her face.


Amelia kept holding Gura, holding her tighter and tighter whenever she'd see her spit out blood. She suddenly got a strange feeling, then decided to stop holding her to lift Gura's hoodie and look at her back. She gasped when she saw dozens of bruises appearing on it.

Amelia:" Oh no! What's going on?! She's taking so many hits right after another! Come on Gura, think of something!" 

Then after a couple seconds, the bruises stopped appearing, Amelia didn't know if she should feel relieved or worried.

Ina:" I-is it over?..."

Amelia:" It just stopped... She has taken so much damage everywhere... Is she losing?!" she asked with her eyebrows furrowed, while looking at the rest of the girls.

Bae:" No, we can't know that. After all, we can only see Gura's wounds."

Amelia:" That's right! We don't know what shape Gawr is in! But still... Up until just now, Gura hasn't taken so many hits in a row... Then it all just stopped, I really hope that means Gura stopped her attacks and not..."

Bae:" Don't worry Ame, whenever the battle ends, we will definitely know right away. All we can do is stay calm and hope she wins..."


Gura:" Grrr, when did you get that trident?!" 

Gawr:" Hah! Isn't it obvious? The same moment you got yours!" 

Gawr yells out and lunges at Gura, she raises her trident and swings it down at her, who then blocks it with her own, while holding it with both hands. Gawr seems to get annoyed upon seeing that.

Gawr:" Tch, holding it with both hands, what a joke!"

Gura:" What's wrong with that?!" 

Gawr:" You're supposed to hold it with one hand and only with both if you want to use a strong attack!"

Gura:" I'm trying to win, why wouldn't I use strong attacks??" 

Gawr:" You're not supposed to do it so soon when facing strong opponents! If you do, they'll know the extent of your power right off the bat!"

Gura:" Whatever, you can't tell me what to do!" 

Gawr:(Idiot, I was trying to teach you something!) 

The two kept putting out more and more energy into their attack. It looked as if there was a whole tornado of energy surrounding them, blue clashing with the red. Then, a huge explosion occurs between, destroying the entire arena along with the grandstand, leaving nothing but an enormous crater in the ground, while sending both of them flying at the opposite ends of the crater. They both emerge from the ground while spitting out sand.

Gawr:" Ahahahahaha that was awesome! Honestly, I thought we'd destroy this whole place way sooner! "

They both go down the crater and then propel themselves towards the middle at each other. They swing their tridents and they collide, making a crater below them upon impact. They back away and close in on each other again, their tridents clashing with one another over and over again, each time making a crater underneath them. They both moved with incredible speed, appearing as flashes of blue and red light exchanging blows, while leaving huge holes all over Atlantis. 

Gawr suddenly grabs her trident with both hands and swings it at Gura. She manages to block it, but the attack was way more powerful than anything she has ever seen before, and she blows her away through dozens of houses.

Gawr:" See that? That's how you swing a trident with two hands! I'm getting kinda bored of this, I'm thinking I'm gonna try something new!"

Gawr raises the trident above her head and holds it by the handle with her index finger alone. It begins to spin so fast Gura couldn't even make out its shape anymore, it just looked like a red spinning circle. She forms a huge red vortex with water spewing everywhere from it.

Gura:(What is this?! I've never used the trident like this before, this is crazy!!)  

Gawr:" HERE, EAT THIS!! EARTH SHATTERING VORTEX!!"

She yelled out before throwing the spinning trident at Gura. She quickly picks herself back up, and by holding her trident with one hand on the handle, and the other on the back of its head, she blocks the attack, but Gawr's trident continues to spin and push Gura away, with her feet dragging across the ground. It spins faster and faster, until it cuts through the head of Gura's trident, she quickly moves her head to her side, but the red trident still hits her and makes a huge cut on the side of her neck. Her eyes widened upon getting hit, with loads of blood spewing from the wound. The trident kept going, until it came back above Gura and returned to Gawr's hand.

Gura was left shocked, panting while holding just the handle of her trident in her right hand, and the wound on her neck with her left hand.

Gura:(My trident broke... She cut my neck... I might really lose this...)


Everyone's eyes widened upon seeing Gura get a huge cut on her neck, with a sea of blood surging from it. Amelia looked like she was going to burst into tears but she couldn't. 

Amelia:" GURA!!! NO!! No way! You haven't lost, I know you haven't!  Come on, you can do it!! I believe in you!!"

She kept repeating those words, then got angry when she looked at the rest of the girls, who were just staring blankly at her and Gura, all looking sad and worried.  

Amelia:" The Hell are you all doing?! Why aren't you cheering her on too?!" 

Ina:" Ame... Do you really think she can hear you?..." 

Amelia:" Does that matter? You want her to win, don't you?! Then cheer her on dammit! All of you!" she yelled out while holding her friend tightly.

The girls were hesitant, but one after another, they all began cheering Gura on. Even Mumei turned around and started yelling words of encouragement at her. 


Gawr had the look of disappointment on her face when she saw Gura put her head down and drop what was left of her trident onto the ground. 

Gawr:" What's wrong, other half? Have you finally given up?... How disappointing..."

Just when it seems Gura has lost all hope, she hears something. A familiar voice echoing inside her head.

"Come on, you can do it!! I believe in you!!

!!! 

Gura:(What's going on?! This is... Amelia!! She figured out I'm fighting Gawr?... You really are the World's Greatest Detective, Ame... But... I don't hear anyone else... Is she the only one cheering me on? Or is she just the only one I can hear? No... She's the only one I need to hear.

She gets a slight smile on her face, as she hears words of inspiration from the person she cares about the most. 

Gawr jumps at her with her trident in one hand, aiming for Gura's head. 

Gawr:" YOU'RE FINISHED, GURA!!" 

Gura, without even raising her head to look at her, puts her left hand in front of the trident that was about to pierce her head, and the middle tine of it goes through her palm instead, leaving Gawr with a confused look on her face and yet, she was smiling. Gura wraps her fingers around the trident piercing her palm and charges up water in her right fist. She pulls it towards herself and then punches Gawr in her stomach with it, shooting a huge cylindrical stream of water at her. Gawr lets go of her trident and gets sent flying while dragging across the ground through dozens of houses and buildings. A hole had been ripped in the middle of her hoodie, and there was a huge bruise on her stomach, she could barely breathe afterwards.

Gawr:(She just suddenly overpowered me! I can barely even move after that attack...)

Gawr then sees a barehanded Gura rushing towards her at high speed and she quickly puts her right palm out and her trident starts returning to her. The trident passes through Gura and she turns to water. 

Gawr:(A water clone!) 

Before Gawr could get a hold of her trident, Gura suddenly appears behind her and quickly grabs it by the middle tine, turns it around and stabs Gawr in her heart with its handle. Gawr appears shocked at first, but then gets a huge smile on her face and then opens her mouth to speak.

Gawr:" With the back of my own trident huh..." 

Gura:" Sorry Gawr... I can't let you win this time."

Gawr:" Why are you apologizing? You won fair and square."

Gura:"..."

Gawr:" Well, this was fun, we should do it again sometime! Maybe after we beat the thing that killed you!"

Gura:" Huh?!" 

Gura had a determined, yet sad look on her face. Then, that expression of hers changed upon hearing Gawr's words.

Gawr:" Oh what's wrong? Did you think you'd get rid of me for good if you killed me here? I told you, if you won I'd bring you back to life and I'd give you my powers... Which means I'll personally be giving you my powers in battle! You know, just like the good old times!" 

Gura:" WAIT WHA-"

Gawr:" See you soon, partner.

 

To Be Continued...


FINALLY!! GAWR IS HERE! Sorry, I just love her so much, I'm so happy I finally wrote and added her to the story! Honestly, I never really liked how people portrayed Gawr. Everyone just viewed her as "Gura's other form" or "Gura when she gets angry". To me, she was her own awesome person!
And I gotta admit, I'm surprised I'm the only one who pictured Gura as a fighter back in Atlantis. Or at least, I haven't seen anyone else do it before. It makes sense and was even obvious to me. I mean, I know she didn't outright say it like Kiara, but I just thought "she has a TRIDENT. Why else would she have it, other than for fighting?". 
But anyways, I really hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! I'll post another shorter chapter tomorrow, which is kinda just another part to this one. I mean, I haven't started writing it yet, but I'll try to finish it so I can post it tomorrow. 

11